An alarming trend continues

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It appears a proven method. Make our passing game beat you.
Of course it is but I don’t know what that means in regards to Dak that that’s how the formula has been to beat the Cowboys dang near Everytime. If Zeke has a bad game it seems it’s a guarantee we lose most of the time. Maybe D coordinators don’t think we can beat them just throwing the ball even with the stats we put up. Must be something to it

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The "trend" is Jerry and Garrett are content with losing.........just continue to speak the same bs to the fans and go through the motions each week like they cared.
I think Garrett is probably doing all he’s capable of . The bigger issue is Jerry isn’t.

I really don’t believe there’s a Puppet out there who can overcome. Talent is our best hope.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Garrett is probably doing all he’s capable of . The bigger issue is Jerry isn’t.

I really don’t believe there’s a Puppet out there who can overcome. Talent is our best hope.
17 out of the first 42 posts in this thread are from you.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Not being able to navigate situational football. That's a significant trend that's killing the Cowboys.

Attempting a ridiculous FG on the first drive

Not loading up the box, apply max pressure and make Cousins beat you

Going RPO at the most critical point of the game in the midst of a 7 carries 3 yards yield

Having punt returner auto fair catch without first surveying the kick and coverage.

Garrett is the weak link on the team. Painfully obvious at this point.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course it is but I don’t know what that means in regards to Dak that that’s how the formula has been to beat the Cowboys dang near Everytime. If Zeke has a bad game it seems it’s a guarantee we lose most of the time. Maybe D coordinators don’t think we can beat them just throwing the ball even with the stats we put up. Must be something to it
Probably so. Dak makes a great effort when Zeke is shut down and fights until the end but it’s usually not enough against these better teams. Especially when we fall behind.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Probably so. Dak makes a great effort when Zeke is shut down and fights until the end but it’s usually not enough against these better teams. Especially when we fall behind.
I'm not even sure if he makes a great effort. I think it looks good no doubt but because they commit to stoping the run its easier for him to make plays. He's gotten better at it but I'm not giving too much credit when they aren't playing to stop you and you put up numbers. You'd think if Dak was so awesome they'd gameplan to take that away but they let him have an easier time putting up numbers. Maybe they think he will mess up or can't win a game or something. I don't know but I'm not surprised you put up the numbers you do when you're getting single coverage on a top level wideout.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not even sure if he makes a great effort. I think it looks good no doubt but because they commit to stoping the run its easier for him to make plays. He's gotten better at it but I'm not giving too much credit when they aren't playing to stop you and you put up numbers. You'd think if Dak was so awesome they'd gameplan to take that away but they let him have an easier time putting up numbers. Maybe they think he will mess up or can't win a game or something. I don't know but I'm not surprised you put up the numbers you do when you're getting single coverage on a top level wideout.
Interesting. So, letting Dak put up big numbers isn’t a concern if he can’t win the game.

Cmac

Reaction score
We got Dak, we got a Fall Guy in Zeke, we got Coop, we got Connor the OL Fall Guy, overlook bad play from Frederick and TSmith, we got Jarwin sitting for Witt, we got inconsistency on D, we got our best CB avoiding tackling all game, we got a coaching staff being laughed at.....we be 5-4.

Paradox

Reaction score
You know. Steve Young stated this. I didn’t catch all of it. Maybe he was reffing to 4th qtr?

He passionately hates the Cowboys and he had way too many concussions during his football career. He is also a bad lawyer with a stutter. I don't put any stock in any of Steve Young's comments, ever.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Interesting. So, letting Dak put up big numbers isn’t a concern if he can’t win the game.
It’s only a concern to Dakaholics on here for their proof that Dak is soo awesome. I don’t do much actual research to win internet arguments but against playoff type teams how often has Dak put up great passing numbers and we won without the running game? That just seems like the formula to beat us for some strange reason as far as the O is concerned. Not speaking about the D because they shoulder blame too but as far as the O it seems like D coordinations on good teams do that. I’m curious to see if the Pats do something similar.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s only a concern to Dakaholics on here for their proof that Dak is soo awesome. I don’t do much actual research to win internet arguments but against playoff type teams how often has Dak put up great passing numbers and we won without the running game? That just seems like the formula to beat us for some strange reason as far as the O is concerned. Not speaking about the D because they shoulder blame too but as far as the O it seems like D coordinations on good teams do that. I’m curious to see if the Pats do something similar.
Great. So it’s like the Romophobia all over again.?lol