Twitter: An example of how the OL has been struggling to run block

glimmerman

Reaction score
Fredbeard knew his job really well and could block. Even if we were smart enough to keep Looney this wouldn’t be as bad. He did a pretty good job. Why did they let him go. He signed with the giants and retired. He was still playing well..

fivetwos

Reaction score
I figured it was high time to lose the kool aid thing lol.

Blow up the new pic and take note of Biadasz and McGovern.

It's next to unreal.

buddahjoe445

Reaction score
Looking at the play, it looks like WIlliams and Steele blocked the wrong man. Play seems designed to go right and create cut back lane to left. Williams was supposed to block 54 and Steele 57, with Schultz blocking 56. But, Williams blocks 57 and Steele blocks 56. This made Schultz come across and try to get to the free LB. You can see Schultz hesitate coming out of his stance because he sees his man get picked up by Steele. All this to say the players failed were confused and coaching is lacking.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Fredbeard knew his job really well and could block. Even if we were smart enough to keep Looney this wouldn’t be as bad. He did a pretty good job. Why did they let him go. He signed with the giants and retired. He was still playing well..

They were trying to get younger and cheaper as Looney was starting to cost more money.. The thinking was that Biadasz had more upside and it would manifest itself with more playing time.. They were wrong.. at least to this point.. Looney was never great but he was at least serviceable and he was rarely planted in Dak's lap.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I truly believe this team over achieved. If not for excellent coaching. I don’t think we would’ve even won the division. Now I know people think I’m crazy saying that about the coaching staff. But we had maybe two elite players on both sides of the ball possibly three. The rest were average penalty makers. So disgusted I could spit nails.
Yep, pretty ticked....our defense was over rated and we need a stud at center....

TheHerd

Reaction score
the defense confused them. nobody accounted for 54 coming up the middle....that's biadasz job to call the line blocking. he blocked no one. martin already pushed his man to the side and had him on the ground. Smith and Williams doubled the DE and pushed him to the middle, which actually closed the hole for Zeke.
Confused? It that defense confused anyone, lord help us. Nobody was supposed to account for the middle linebacker filling the gaping hole directly in front of him? Only Jaylon would miss filling that hole. Biadasz avoids the point of attack block to make sure the outside LB isn't coming across. Tyron and Mr. Holding doubled the DT into the hole as you said, the DE was taken out by the beef TE, and the "real" TE on the left is coming down to block who knows. It almost looks like a trap, but the timing and depth doesn't imply that. This is just a brain dead play design from the start.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Confused? It that defense confused anyone, lord help us. Nobody was supposed to account for the middle linebacker filling the gaping hole directly in front of him? Only Jaylon would miss filling that hole. Biadasz avoids the point of attack block to make sure the outside LB isn't coming across. Tyron and Mr. Holding doubled the DT into the hole as you said, the DE was taken out by the beef TE, and the "real" TE on the left is coming down to block who knows. It almost looks like a trap, but the timing and depth doesn't imply that. This is just a brain dead play design from the start.
yeah. you are right. that was straight up rush defense, with no run blitz...biadasz sucks.