An Honest Kyle Kosier Poll

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
resounding 85% had never heard of him - still think he's a nice depth guy that can spot start or compete to start at guard or tackle.

But Iron Maiden - lets pick it up JJ today in FA.......

vicjagger

Reaction score
I'd never heard of him so I looked him up at scout.com. When we signed him, he wasn't listed in the top 20 FA guards. After the signing, he's jumped to # 4.

Go figure.

lspain1

Reaction score
OL guys are often unsung! Let's hope he's still our hero.:) And no, I'd never heard of the guy.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:
- still think he's a nice depth guy that can spot start or compete to start at guard or tackle.

QUOTE]

with the contract he got, he isnt a "spot starter"...he's locked into a starting spot

not sure if thats a good thing or not...our starting tackles were the worst in the league last yr and clearly held the entire offense hostage, so their answer (apparently) is to replace a 10 time probowl LG who was still the teams best starter last yr

David

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Nors said:
- still think he's a nice depth guy that can spot start or compete to start at guard or tackle.

dbair1967 said:
with the contract he got, he isnt a "spot starter"...he's locked into a starting spot

not sure if thats a good thing or not...our starting tackles were the worst in the league last yr and clearly held the entire offense hostage, so their answer (apparently) is to replace a 10 time probowl LG who was still the teams best starter last yr

David

He's a "lock" to be a starter?

In that case...

Cowboys free agency grade: F

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Was a free agent, 49ers let him walk and he played for Lions for $670K last year. Why didn't we nab him last year? Guess its too late - the brinx truck already went beep, beep, beep in his driveway and unloaded the geen stuff.......

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Detroit did give up a 7th round pick for him, he was restricted. He was actually a nice find for them. My old Lindy's mag(2002) after his rookie year stated that the 49ers had plans to groom him as their starting RT.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Nors said:
Was a free agent, 49ers let him walk and he played for Lions for $670K last year. Why didn't we nab him last year? Guess its too late - the brinx truck already went beep, beep, beep in his driveway and unloaded the geen stuff.......

And why is that exactly how I picture it? :laugh2:

Kosier wakes up all sleepy-eyed in the morning, not expecting any serious movement for a few days, and instead a Brinks truck backs up into his modest driveway with his agent leaning out the passenger's window screaming, "How bout dem Cowboys!!"

I imagine the Good Times theme starts playing pretty soon after that as he goes house shopping. "Moving on up...."

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Nors, I gotta ask: Do you even believe the fecal matter that you spew anymore?

Don't see the reason for that. What he's saying is true: we opened up the pocketbook for a guy that may or may not start. That's just simple fact.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
And why is that exactly how I picture it? :laugh2:

Kosier wakes up all sleepy-eyed in the morning, not expecting any serious movement for a few days, and instead a Brinks truck backs up into his modest driveway with his agent leaning out the passenger's window screaming, "How bout dem Cowboys!!"

I imagine the Good Times theme starts playing pretty soon after that as he goes house shopping. "Moving on up...."

That would be the Jeffersons theme. Good Times is about temporary layoffs and keeping your head above water. I hope that's not what we're doing:laugh2: I had honestly never heard of the guy. I'm gonna have to trust the scouting dept here. There must be something there for 5 mil guaranteed (bonus). Otherwise he'd be on the wire for a while.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:

Translation: "I can't believe we wasted all that money on a scrub who could bairly start for the piss poor lines of Detroit and San Francisco."

Eddie

Reaction score
I'm hoping BP and the scouting dept sees something more than I do in him. Not sure I'd be giving out $5 mil signing bonuses to a guy no one ever heard of.

Anyway, he's young and has good upside. He's shown he can play in this league.

Is it prime Larry Allen? Nope. But at this point, I think Kosier at $1.5 million a year is a whole let better than Larry Allen at $7.5 mil a year.

Let's look ourselves in the mirror and not pretend LA has any gas left. The tank is empty and the legs are gone. He can't reach the second level anymore. Those pancake blocks from 1996 are gone gents.

Kosier may not be the next big thing, but I hope he can solidify our OL at the OG position. I expect Rivera to be around one more year, and then it's time for him to go as well.

It's the changing of the guard. We have to live with it. I loved LA in his prime and watching him pound opponents into the dirt is a memory I'll never forget. But it's been several years since he's been prime LA.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
trueblue1687 said:
That would be the Jeffersons theme. Good Times is about temporary layoffs and keeping your head above water. I hope that's not what we're doing:laugh2: I had honestly never heard of the guy. I'm gonna have to trust the scouting dept here. There must be something there for 5 mil guaranteed (bonus). Otherwise he'd be on the wire for a while.

I think I jinxed us with the show jingle mix-up. :eek:

Is there a television theme song about being the man and kicking some butt? I hope that was the one that was playing!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Some of you guys who read the paper too much are going to feel pretty stupid when Kozier is starting on our OL for the next 4 years and LA gets cut and finds almost no interest in him around the NFL...he'll be signed by someone for peanuts, but he probably wants out of Dallas so his fans don't have to watch his play continue downhill and where he doesn't have to put up with not getting worshipped by Parcells.

Kozier has been playing in the NFL for 4 seasons, garnering 43 starts at OG and OT, while we have top draft picks like Peterson and Rogers who can't adjust to putting the other hand on the ground.

Kozier's deal is going to lock him up for four years while a year or two from now he'll deserve even more money....quite different from paying LA 7.5 million when he only deserves about 2.