An interesting observation (of mine)...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1122719 said:
"Reads Defenses well"...Throws 3 picks in a half.

Something doesnt add up right there.

If I had to choose a guy, I would say... Joey Harrington. Flashes and flushes.

EDIT:ultra5, my initial thought was Plummer, but I havent seen the same type of elusiveness in game situations.

None of those interceptions had anything to do with making bad reads.

cowboys19

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1122719 said:
"Reads Defenses well"...Throws 3 picks in a half.

Something doesnt add up right there.

If I had to choose a guy, I would say... Joey Harrington. Flashes and flushes.

EDIT:ultra5, my initial thought was Plummer, but I havent seen the same type of elusiveness in game situations.

How does he remind you of Joey Harrington? He has horrible accuracy. One of Romos strengths is his accuracy.

Not to mention Harrington never throws TD's, he hasent hit to 20 td mark in a season yet. and since you want to judge Romo on a half of football, well he does have 3 TD's in a half of football

and two why are we even discussing this? lets watch him for a few games before making assumptions

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
He's definitely not Joey Harrington. Harrington is thouroughly void of moxie. That's one of the problems that Detroit had with him, he was always too scared to take a shot at a big play.

cowboys19

Reaction score
Anyways if i had to make a comparison, Romo reminds me of Jeff Garcia.

I would guess most people would be happy if Romo turns into Garcia. Would that be correct or do you guys expect more from him?

JW

LD Fan

Reaction score
Bigdog24;1122789 said:
Romo reminds me of Romo,, DWare is DWare why does everyone always want to anoint someone the next coming for Farve, Pennington or Lawerance Taylor

Because it's fun.

LD Fan

Reaction score
cowboys19;1122955 said:
Anyways if i had to make a comparison, Romo reminds me of Jeff Garcia.

I would guess most people would be happy if Romo turns into Garcia. Would that be correct or do you guys expect more from him?

JW

I don't think Mrs. Initials would be happy

LD Fan

Reaction score
cowboys19;1122968 said:
TO went to the Pro Bowl because of Jeff Garcia

That may be true.....then she turned on Garcia in case you missed it.

cowboys19

Reaction score
LD Fan;1122974 said:
That may be true.....then she turned on Garcia in case you missed it.

I agree, was just saying TO shouldnt be pissed at Garcia too much

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ZeroClub;1122822 said:
You are on to something here. When breaking huddle and approaching the line of scrimmage Romo's posture and head movements are similar to those of Kilmer.

Well thanks for confirming my memories are not totally skewed. I can't speak to Kilmer's accuracy or passing style (in my mind tho, I see an oddly pushed ball, with a very slight sidewinder motion) because I was too young to appreciate what a quarterback was back then.

I just have this overall image of him swaggering around and clapping guys back to the huddle ...and his stature must have been similar to Tony's.

Tony has to have better feet tho...quicker and more agile. I know compared to Jergenson Kilmer was 'mobile', but I also recall quite clearly he was no Fran Tarkenton.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1122998 said:
Well thanks for confirming my memories are not totally skewed. I can't speak to Kilmer's accuracy or passing style (in my mind tho, I see an oddly pushed ball, with a very slight sidewinder motion) because I was too young to appreciate what a quarterback was back then.

I just have this overall image of him swaggering around and clapping guys back to the huddle ...and his stature must have been similar to Tony's.

Tony has to have better feet tho...quicker and more agile. I know compared to Jergenson Kilmer was 'mobile', but I also recall quite clearly he was no Fran Tarkenton.

Kilmer threw wobblers..they looked awful compared to Sonny's...I don't think it would take all your fingers to count the tight spirals Billy threw:)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo reminds me of Romo...let him develop to be his own QB...so hopefully 10 years from now. they will be saying....you know, that QB from ????? reminds me of Tony Romo.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Zaxor;1123021 said:
Kilmer threw wobblers..they looked awful compared to Sonny's...I don't think it would take all your fingers to count the tight spirals Billy threw:)

:) Now I see 'it'.

But didn't everybody's look awful compared to Sonny's?

My dad used to say he threw the prettiest ball EVER.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1123229 said:
:) Now I see 'it'.

But didn't everybody's look awful compared to Sonny's?

My dad used to say he threw the prettiest ball EVER.

If it wasn't the prettiest it has to be close but I only remember Sonny from his days as a backup to Kilmer...I didn't get to see him in his prime but from the little I seen I remember him being so much more impressive than Kilmer.