News: An open letter to one Antonio Ramiro Romo and a final goodbye

CCBoy

Reaction score
An open letter to one Antonio Ramiro Romo and a final goodbye

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017...o-one-antonio-ramiro-romo-and-a-final-goodbye

Disclaimer: I'm very emotional on this and I was shedding tears writing this

I'm in mental breakdown that you do not wish to remain with the Cowboys, but at the same time I don't blame you. In fact, we should have never deserved to have you. In spite of the Front Office's constant failure to cement your legend, you kept our spirits up through your miraculous plays and you yourself have taken the team on your back year after year until you could not do it. You were robbed of postseason success so many times, and now you were robbed by not given a chance to come back and play one more season with us (forgive me guys, but this may be Romo's true POV behind his niceness). Every chance you had to cement yourself as a Cowboy legend, something always goes wrong. Yet you stand high, and shown us nothing but class, love, and respect despite all you've done and how the media has always judged you. This is why I've always loved and respected you the most out of all the Cowboy legends even with SB wins.

We do not deserve to see you come back. You deserve to succeed elsewhere and find even better friends and fans than you have now. You deserve to cement your true legacy on another team just like DeMarcus Ware did. Both of you do not have the obligation to return to the Cowboys. You guys deserve to retire away from them. I see DeMarcus Ware as one of the greatest Denver Broncos around. Pretty soon, I will see you as one of the greatest on your future team and not as a Dallas Cowboy. If players are judged by Superbowl rings, then you and DeMarcus Ware were never officially part of the Dallas Cowboys and it makes me very sad that fate has chosen both of you to never have rings on your fingers with them.

It would be better for you and your family to leave behind what you've embraced throughout your time in Dallas and make a new name for yourself for an even better team who will take care of you better than Jerry ever has. Use what little time you have left as a player, dig into your latent potential, and really bring out the best in you. If by chance you do guide your new team to a SB and win it, retire there. I urge you to not come back. I do not look at former Cowboy legends who won rings with other teams as true Dallas Cowboys like Charles Haley, Deion Sanders, Mike Woicik, and now DeMarcus Ware...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will be a sad day when Tony Romo walks away from the Cowboys.

Always loved moments like this:

romoref.gif

CCBoy

Reaction score
People are more sad about Romo leaving than us losing? I'm Cowboys first. Sorry to see you go but the only mourning I'm doing is a season that died too soon. Dak is our QB.

Everyone appreciates another loyal fan...it's just that many of us are also a tad emotional and don't want to just rush into departures of a good group of team players.

rockj7

Reaction score
Everyone appreciates another loyal fan...it's just that many of us are also a tad emotional and don't want to just rush into departures of a good group of team players.

CCBoy is Tony Witt and Doug Free the last of the Big Tuna Era

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
People are more sad about Romo leaving than us losing? I'm Cowboys first. Sorry to see you go but the only mourning I'm doing is a season that died too soon. Dak is our QB.

It's because we gave up on Romo, and it did not pay off for us this season. Some folks are having a bit of buyer's remorse now that Romo is likely finished with the Cowboys. Not that Dak deserves a large portion of blame for this loss, but as for the result, it absolutely could not have been worse with Romo, but there is some possibility that we might have won with Romo. I'm glad to have Dak too, but that doesn't mean he needed to be anointed just yet...

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Your constant Romo hate is pathetic, the dude is a Cowboy legend get over yourself

Constant Romo hate? I've always liked Romo. I'm just more in mourning over our season being over. Romo's time in Dallas is done. He was a great QB for us. It sucks that we couldn't build a good team around him. Hopefully we learned from our mistakes and don't do the same thing with Dak. But Dak showed a lot this season. He earned the starting job. This is no longer Romo's team. At this moment, he's just an expensive backup.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017...o-one-antonio-ramiro-romo-and-a-final-goodbye

I'm in mental breakdown that you do not wish to remain with the Cowboys, but at the same time I don't blame you. In fact, we should have never deserved to have you. In spite of the Front Office's constant failure to cement your legend, you kept our spirits up through your miraculous plays and you yourself have taken the team on your back year after year until you could not do it. You were robbed of postseason success so many times, and now you were robbed by not given a chance to come back and play one more season with us (forgive me guys, but this may be Romo's true POV behind his niceness). Every chance you had to cement yourself as a Cowboy legend, something always goes wrong. Yet you stand high, and shown us nothing but class, love, and respect despite all you've done and how the media has always judged you. This is why I've always loved and respected you the most out of all the Cowboy legends even with SB wins.

We do not deserve to see you come back. You deserve to succeed elsewhere and find even better friends and fans than you have now. You deserve to cement your true legacy on another team just like DeMarcus Ware did. Both of you do not have the obligation to return to the Cowboys. You guys deserve to retire away from them. I see DeMarcus Ware as one of the greatest Denver Broncos around. Pretty soon, I will see you as one of the greatest on your future team and not as a Dallas Cowboy. If players are judged by Superbowl rings, then you and DeMarcus Ware were never officially part of the Dallas Cowboys and it makes me very sad that fate has chosen both of you to never have rings on your fingers with them.

It would be better for you and your family to leave behind what you've embraced throughout your time in Dallas and make a new name for yourself for an even better team who will take care of you better than Jerry ever has. Use what little time you have left as a player, dig into your latent potential, and really bring out the best in you. If by chance you do guide your new team to a SB and win it, retire there. I urge you to not come back. I do not look at former Cowboy legends who won rings with other teams as true Dallas Cowboys like Charles Haley, Deion Sanders, Mike Woicik, and now DeMarcus Ware...

Farewell, Tony.
Thanks for the 2 playoff victories, under your leadership, in 11 years.
Sorry it did not work out.
Enjoy your senior years and your millions.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've been very critical of Romo the past 10 years, but its always sad to see the face of your franchise for a decade leave

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Dab your eyes. I am sure Tony loves you as much as you love him.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dab your eyes. I am sure Tony loves you as much as you love him.

And you are inferring that you have feelings for Tony Romo? Right?

Otherwise, leave me out of your directed insults...such class, Dude.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And you are inferring that you have feelings for Tony Romo? Right?
Yeah. Feelings of frustration over 11 years of Romonian futility.
But the feelings are fading fast, now that we have a young, tough QB for the future.
Now dry yer eyes, lass, and stand up straight when you talk to me, purile Romonian!

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
We don't have to get smarmy like this 'final goodbye' piece. Romo was a good dude, worked hard to learn the craft, his teammates liked him - he gave it his all and made some pretty remarkable plays, regularly. So-called Cowboys fans who have a beef with this guy can suck it.

cml750

Reaction score
Goodbye Tony. Sorry you have been hamstrung by substandard coaching effectively wasting your career with us. You kept it exciting and made a bad coach look decent.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, i.cant be sad about the loss AND sad about Romo. Why are folks so linear thinking? Lol

Whatever you think, it IS the end of an era. A lot of good and bad happened while he led this team. Gonna pray, this team has more team success as they move forward.