Anae's scouting report looks like Trey Flowers

ESisback

Reaction score
The guy that DET overpaid for all of 7 sacks!!!!!!

Flowers has always been a good/not great player. They really do sound like the same player.

1)We haven’t overpaid. Yet.
2)One good player, plus 5-7 other candidates at RDE doesn’t find me entirely consumed with worry.
3)Each player’s journey is different.
4)We’re all just speculating.

just sayin’...

OGCowboy

Reaction score
All the thoughts on a new pilgrim is fine and dandy but until they strap up and throw down....its all gumflapping

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not sure anyone thinks he's starting? At least not this year. With Armstrong, Smith, Crawford, Jelks and the possibility of Randy coming back will make his road to actually playing games in the NFL a tough one. But I think he will get there and be in the rotation fairly soon in his career.

I believe you're very likely correct, although, if he's as good as his history leads one to believe and his production proves it, his chances will come. They may or may not come this year but eventually, the truth will surface. Some of his chances might even come in 2020, however. How he performs in those opportunities will certainly be noticed. Eventually, success will determine who is and who isn't chosen to be given more chances to advance. I think some of us are hopeful he'll become part of a rotation. Whether it actually happens or not remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I think if Utah's pro-day had not been canceled, he would have performed much better there and he would have gone in the 3rd round, and we would not have had a chance at him.

I think he could be the steal of the draft. I love watching his Senior Bowl tape.

He wouldn't have to be "elite" to be better than Taco.

kskboys

Reaction score
If we can get Flowers production out of a late round pick I'll be happy...
Hard to say. Flowers is a 6-9 sacks per year guy. I think it's possible. He's a frenetic type w/ some limits on physical ability, same as Anae.

DET was beyond stupid to give him that huge contract, apparently based on Flowers' having a big game or so in the playoffs. Flowers had 7.5 sacks his last year in NE. He followed it up(quite predictably) with 7 sacks last season w/ DET. "Flowers was solid but not dominant after signing a 5 year/90 mil deal."

Anae is the same type player, should be solid but not dominant. He's Tony Tolbert, a good player to have across from "the guy".

kskboys

Reaction score
If we can get Flowers production out of a late round pick I'll be happy...
Anae was projected as a 2nd/3rd round talent. His upside is the complentary guy and he doesn't have great measurables, which is why he slid, apparently. He's a high floor/low ceiling type.