Analysis of FSU players for the Draft

noletime95

Reaction score
These are the players I know the best, so I figured I would share:

L. Timmons (Rd 1): He's a stud. Stout against the run.....Hits like a mac truck. Excellent at keeping contain, turns plays inside very well. He was the best player on the defense last year. He's good, not great, in coverage. Blitzes well and can play with his hand down if needed. Teams avoided him last year when they could. Very different player from E. Sims. Not as fast, but more powerful and nearly as explosive. Was better in coverage than Ernie at FSU.

B. Davis (rd 3-5): The guy is only 5'10, but he can play. He's an excellent blitzer and does a great job of getting into his drops in coverage. Has shown good hands, though obviously size is an issue. Hits hard. I think he could fit in well as a day 2 pick as a 3rd down inside guy. He has the ability to slide outside also. Not lighning fast, but very instinctive.

L. Booker (rd 2-4): Fast and shifty runner, but doesn't break many tackles. Doesn't make as many people miss as you would think, although he probably wasn't used properly in college. Needs to be in space to be effective. Will get killed between the tackles in the NFL. Has very good hands, but not a great blocker. Hasn't contributed on special teams. I don't think he's better than any RB on the roster.

On a side note, Reggie Nelson is a STUD and will be a hell of an NFL FS.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
What round are these guys projected to be drafted?

*edit, nevermind.

noletime95

Reaction score
Chris Davis....sure.

Good hands, pretty good route runner. Pretty tough over the middle for his size. Not big enough to get off jams against top CB's and lacks top end speed. Never was the same after tearing up his knee his FR year and doesn't make many people miss. I don't think he could beat out any WR on the team and doubt he gets drafted.

Reaction score
noletime95;1454857 said:
These are the players I know the best, so I figured I would share:

L. Timmons (Rd 1): He's a stud. Stout against the run.....Hits like a mac truck. Excellent at keeping contain, turns plays inside very well. He was the best player on the defense last year. He's good, not great, in coverage. Blitzes well and can play with his hand down if needed. Teams avoided him last year when they could. Very different player from E. Sims. Not as fast, but more powerful and nearly as explosive. Was better in coverage than Ernie at FSU.

B. Davis (rd 3-5): The guy is only 5'10, but he can play. He's an excellent blitzer and does a great job of getting into his drops in coverage. Has shown good hands, though obviously size is an issue. Hits hard. I think he could fit in well as a day 2 pick as a 3rd down inside guy. He has the ability to slide outside also. Not lighning fast, but very instinctive.

L. Booker (rd 2-4): Fast and shifty runner, but doesn't break many tackles. Doesn't make as many people miss as you would think, although he probably wasn't used properly in college. Needs to be in space to be effective. Will get killed between the tackles in the NFL. Has very good hands, but not a great blocker. Hasn't contributed on special teams. I don't think he's better than any RB on the roster.

On a side note, Reggie Nelson is a STUD and will be a hell of an NFL FS.

Buster Davis will be a London Fletcher type player.

He measured in at 5'9 3/4 but hits like a tank and is a leader on the field. With the right scheme and big DT's to keep blockers off of him, he will excel.

He will an absolute terror on kickoff team thats for sure.

alancdc

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1455011 said:
Buster Davis will be a London Fletcher type player.

He measured in at 5'9 3/4 but hits like a tank and is a leader on the field. With the right scheme and big DT's to keep blockers off of him, he will excel.

He will an absolute terror on kickoff team thats for sure.

I agree. The guy has a serious motor on him. He will be a good pick for someone. I think he is a bit like a Dexter Coakley?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I like Lorenzo Booker a lot as a mid round prospect. He could be a poor man's Reggie Bush as a situational, 3rd down pass receiving back. He's a great open field runner and has great receiving skills. You could send him out wide, motion him out in the slot and really create a lot of mismatches against linebackers. Its too bad the Bowdens didn't have the imagination to properly use him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPumoZFpl4

noletime95

Reaction score
I hope you are right about Booker, but I watched the guy play for 4 years......he doesn't make as many people miss in the open field as you would think....put it this way, there was a BIG drop off from L. Washington to Booker when they platooned. Booker is a good guy and will be successful doing something-I'm just not sold he's an NFL RB.

Reaction score
alancdc;1455117 said:
I agree. The guy has a serious motor on him. He will be a good pick for someone. I think he is a bit like a Dexter Coakley?

Dexter was alot faster than Buster will ever be.

B. Davis is thicker and weighs more, but I believe he was timed in mid 4.7 range.

Dexter could fly...

alancdc

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1455256 said:
Dexter was alot faster than Buster will ever be.

B. Davis is thicker and weighs more, but I believe he was timed in mid 4.7 range.

Dexter could fly...

This is very trendy to say, but it seemed like he played way faster than a 4.7. Of course, I have never seen anyone make a tackle wearing shorts and t shirts in a straight line 40 yard dash either like they haev them run at the combine.

noletime95

Reaction score
Buster Davis may not be the fastest guy in the 40, but he's got a hell of a 5-10 burst. I would really like to see Dallas take him in the 4th if he's around....I think Timmons is a stud, but it doesn't make sense to take another OLB in the 1st round. That said, I think Timmons will be better than Bobby C.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
noletime95;1455281 said:
Buster Davis may not be the fastest guy in the 40, but he's got a hell of a 5-10 burst. I would really like to see Dallas take him in the 4th if he's around....I think Timmons is a stud, but it doesn't make sense to take another OLB in the 1st round. That said, I think Timmons will be better than Bobby C.

I think Timmons could play ILB in a 3-4