Anatomy of a blowout

CWR

Reaction score

Anyone see this video? A lot of interesting points. I couldn't watch it when it first came out only a few weeks removed from the actual game.

I still don't think I can watch it. I have ideas though.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Anyone see this video? A lot of interesting points. I couldn't watch it when it first came out only a few weeks removed from the actual game.

Lousy QB, lousy D coached by the genius Quinn.

XXLMike

Reaction score
The saddest part of this is our two front office leaders (by their own admission) never watch any film on players or why we lose playoff games.
No, the saddest part is fans here still believe

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

I guess you have reached the pinnacle of apathy when watching this doesn't bother you. It didn't bother me at all, not 3 weeks after the game, and it doesn't bother me now.

Early in the video, though, I was reminded of something I had forgotten - the stans have vehemently blamed the defense for the loss, and justifiably so. But I had forgotten the defense only gave up 7 in the first quarter before the offense gifted GB with a short field right at the end of the quarter after an INT.

Sure, the defense sucked that day, but it has been pointed out many times that the offense failed to do anything to answer the entire 1st half. 5 drives in the first half resulted in 1 TD, 2 punts, and 2 INT's. And this is the defenses fault?

Flamma

Reaction score
I guess you have reached the pinnacle of apathy when watching this doesn't bother you. It didn't bother me at all, not 3 weeks after the game, and it doesn't bother me now.

Early in the video, though, I was reminded of something I had forgotten - the stans have vehemently blamed the defense for the loss, and justifiably so. But I had forgotten the defense only gave up 7 in the first quarter before the offense gifted GB with a short field right at the end of the quarter after an INT.

Sure, the defense sucked that day, but it has been pointed out many times that the offense failed to do anything to answer the entire 1st half. 5 drives in the first half resulted in 1 TD, 2 punts, and 2 INT's. And this is the defenses fault?
I've probably brought this up a half a dozen times. The offense at some point has to respond before the game is over. It didn't. Scoring could also give your defense a boost of momentum. That's the anatomy of a comeback.

I don't think we win that game if our D only gives up 24 points. Dallas struggled to move the ball before the game was out of reach.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

The whole team (coaches and players), plus management should watch together and learn from this video.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak was partly to blame. Many others around him (players and coaches) were just as responsible.
It was far from a one player implosion........

We've had several generations of new players and new coaches here but we still get the same final results......but I guess fans of other teams are saying the same thing.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak was partly to blame. Many others around him (players and coaches) were just as responsible.
That first interception bothered me more than the pick 6. The pick 6 was way worse in the game, I just mean for Dak's decision making. The pick 6 was an ill advised pass, but you can see how he may not have anticipated the S to do what he did. It was more of a great play by the safety than a bad pass by Dak.

The first interception concerned me more because Dak threw the pass even when it wasn't there. He threw it anyway. This is not what he does normally. Just what he does normally in big games.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That first interception bothered me more than the pick 6. The pick 6 was way worse in the game, I just mean for Dak's decision making. The pick 6 was an ill advised pass, but you can see how he may not have anticipated the S to do what he did. It was more of a great play by the safety than a bad pass by Dak.

The first interception concerned me more because Dak threw the pass even when it wasn't there. He threw it anyway. This is not what he does normally. Just what he does normally in big games.
Well, to be fair, Cooks was held and interfered on that interception. Should have been defensive pass interference.

Flamma

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, Cooks was held and interfered on that interception. Should have been defensive pass interference.
Barely. You'd really be picking nits if you threw a flag there. He wasn't beyond the 5 yards, and only minor contact within the 5 yards. Most of the time when Dak completed that pass, the defender was trailing the WR. That wasn't the case here. He basically threw it right at the defender hoping Cooks would steal it from him.