Anatomy of a blowout

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Barely. You'd really be picking nits if you threw a flag there. He wasn't beyond the 5 yards, and only minor contact within the 5 yards. Most of the time when Dak completed that pass, the defender was trailing the WR. That wasn't the case here. He basically threw it right at the defender hoping Cooks would steal it from him.
It was clearly holding and right at the 5 yard distance from the line of scrimmage. Even if it had been inside the first 5 yards from scrimmage, you can't hold, tug and pull back a receiver in order to gain leverage to get in front of him in order to secure an interception. It's not nitpicking when the foul committed is clearly on tape. Jaire Alexander clearly grabbed and tugged back on Brandin Cooks' shoulder pads in order to get leverage and get in front of him for the interception.

Flamma

Reaction score
It was clearly holding and right at the 5 yard distance from the line of scrimmage. Even if it had been inside the first 5 yards from scrimmage, you can't hold, tug and pull back a receiver in order to gain leverage to get in front of him in order to secure an interception. It's not nitpicking when the foul committed is clearly on tape. Jaire Alexander clearly grabbed and tugged back on Brandin Cooks' shoulder pads in order to get leverage and get in front of him for the interception.

Remember, the refs don't get the benefit of slow motion. To them, and at full speed, it probably just looked like the usual bump at 5 yards.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I guess you have reached the pinnacle of apathy when watching this doesn't bother you. It didn't bother me at all, not 3 weeks after the game, and it doesn't bother me now.

Early in the video, though, I was reminded of something I had forgotten - the stans have vehemently blamed the defense for the loss, and justifiably so. But I had forgotten the defense only gave up 7 in the first quarter before the offense gifted GB with a short field right at the end of the quarter after an INT.

Sure, the defense sucked that day, but it has been pointed out many times that the offense failed to do anything to answer the entire 1st half. 5 drives in the first half resulted in 1 TD, 2 punts, and 2 INT's. And this is the defenses fault?
THIS. The offense continuously put the defense into a bad position. Yes they couldn't stop GB, but they shouldn't have had to as often and as close to the endzone as it happened.

plymkr

Reaction score
The saddest part of this is our two front office leaders (by their own admission) never watch any film on players or why we lose playoff games.
That’s great. Our GMs do not watch film to figure out why we lose. That is so discouraging. Unbelievable

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
That’s great. Our GMs do not watch film to figure out why we lose. That is so discouraging. Unbelievable
It's malpractice. It's why the NFL needs a new Jerry Rule - Owners may not also be General Managers or Coaches. This prevents conflicts of interest, promotes accountability, and removes this kind of apathetic malpractice.

Flamma

Reaction score
It's malpractice. It's why the NFL needs a new Jerry Rule - Owners may not also be General Managers or Coaches. This prevents conflicts of interest, promotes accountability, and removes this kind of apathetic malpractice.
General managers do what the owners want. Some have more leeway than others. So owners are always involved at some level.

Even if Jerry hired a GM, he would only give the GM a certain amount of money to work with. Not a single thing would change.

plymkr

Reaction score
That would be a great idea.