And so becomes the G.R.O.T. Club

VirusX

Reaction score
So it seems that if your name is Snyder and you majorly screw up in the salary cap, its ok we can forgive you and pull a solution outta our ARSE. :bang2:

So, its time for the GROT Club.

Tags :shoot3:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know if it was true or not but I heard or read somewhere that tags was going to retire after the new CBA deal went into place.

However that was a few months ago before this whole impasse.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
VirusX said:
So it seems that if your name is Snyder and you majorly screw up in the salary cap, its ok we can forgive you and pull a solution outta our ARSE. :bang2:

So, its time for the GROT Club.

Tags :shoot3:

Nah, no extension would've put a lot of people in harms way. There would be the possibility of no player's union for awhile. Would would happen is that there probably would've de-certified to prevent a lockout, had no union for a couple of years, then reformed their own union. The NFLPA was actually formed by the NFL, so Tags had an excellent working relationship with the union. He doesn't want to lose that.

Combine that with a lot of players being screwed out paychecks as well as some good small market franchises along with the Skins and Broncos, there's too much bad that can go on.

I'm still not convinced that a deal will be done. I mean, how many times does Mortensen have to be wrong on this one?

I understand that it sucks because Tagliabue majorly screwed over the Cowboys back in '93 and then there's the rule he added where you couldn't take a player from Arena Football and just sign him (another rule implemented to stop Jones), but I still think this is the best for the league.

Rich........

VirusX

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I don't know if it was true or not but I heard or read somewhere that tags was going to retire after the new CBA deal went into place.

However that was a few months ago before this whole impasse.

I hope this is true. He has been over due and this just pushes him further down the road in my eyes.

sacase

Reaction score
He Can't retire till 2008 when Condi can leave the State department. I jus thope she is not a skins fan.

DefendeR

Benched
Reaction score
Count me in...I hate Tags.
He is determined to sell the game of football to those who really don't want to buy it.
In his mind,the game itself is just part of the packaged deal.
Thinking like that,makes him forget the number one supporter of the game,Joe Sixpack.
The same Joe who sits at home on sundays to watch some ball and follows his team no matter what.
Tags is too preoccupied with ratings and primetime and money.
I understand the business side of the game,but I think the way this league is being run neglects the best supporters it has.
I like Kickoff Sunday to be during Labor Day,the way it used to be,so I can hang out,watch as many games as I can,cook out and pound some cold ones,and have the next day off.
In Tags' mind,too many people travel during that weekend and the ratings are not as high.
WHO CARES!?!?!
Football fans WILL watch the games or even travel to the game!
Oh,and dont get me started with the No Fun League argument and his selection for entertainment.
MTV was in charge of entertainment during the Janet Jackson fiasco.
Hey Tags,since when has MTV cared about music?
I hate you Taglia-boo...you are ruining it for the real football fans.