....and then there was Hockey.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Any other NHL fans out there aside from SP and Biggems (although a barely recognize you silly Cindy Crosby fans as Hockey fans ;) )?

What's your team? Where ya at?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Interesting..

I spent Tuesday night in a sky box at the Islander game. My company has season's tickets and a chance to rent the sky box.

We also do all the printing for the Islanders.

Highlight of the evening was...meeting Mike Bossy and chatting with him for 15 minutes.

I've got 4 meetings with him over the next two months. :)

Shady12

Reaction score
Hockey is the only sport still playing that I'm interested in until September. I won't be watching much of the NFL playoffs now that my team is out.

Being from Texas my team is the Stars.

Reaction score
tomson75;3240858 said:
Any other NHL fans out there aside from SP and Biggems (although a barely recognize you silly Cindy Crosby fans as Hockey fans ;) )?

Devils fan and happy the way the season is going. Since I am in Baltimore, I do watch Capitals games, and find them to be very fun to see live. I might be going to a Caps game in the near future with some friends.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Ugh, the only way I would watch either Hockey or Soccer is if you put the teams in a Octagon Ring.

Matter of fact, let them face each other.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
tomson75;3240858 said:

well if it makes u feel better, i am a Crosby fan cause he is a Penguin. if he had began his career as a Red Wing, Flyer, Capital or anywhere else, I would despise the guy.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Shady12;3241510 said:
Hockey is the only sport still playing that I'm interested in until September. I won't be watching much of the NFL playoffs now that my team is out.

Being from Texas my team is the Stars.

Your team is from Minnesota, not Texas....but it's cool. If the Penguins had somehow been able to move to SA, I would have found a way to be a season ticket holder.

Reaction score
I must be the most frustraited sports fan ever. It's a total tease to enjoy any team I like, and then watch them falter. This sucks! LOL!!! Anyone ever felt that way with your teams?

Shady12

Reaction score
Biggems;3242815 said:
Your team is from Minnesota, not Texas....but it's cool. If the Penguins had somehow been able to move to SA, I would have found a way to be a season ticket holder.

Well they've been in Texas as long as I've been a hockey fan. It's not in me to be a fan of a team for arbitrary reasons..Usually due to local/state proximity.

I find minor league hockey to be more entertaining than the NHL but there's no longer a minor team near me to watch.

Don't they still have the Rampage in SA? I actually went to an Iggie game at Freeman. Those CHL/WPHL games were a blast..it's what got me into hockey.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Used to live in Denver. GF at the time was Canadian, and started dragging me to Avalanche games...this was back when they were winning the Cup for a few years. I became of a fan of them. Still am, but not as much as I was back then.

Warick

Reaction score
Shady12;3243286 said:
I find minor league hockey to be more entertaining than the NHL but there's no longer a minor team near me to watch.

Don't they still have the Rampage in SA? I actually went to an Iggie game at Freeman. Those CHL/WPHL games were a blast..it's what got me into hockey.

Are you in SA? The Stars new minor league team "Texas Stars" started playing in Austin this year. If you are close by check them out.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Juke99;3240974 said:
Interesting..

I spent Tuesday night in a sky box at the Islander game. My company has season's tickets and a chance to rent the sky box.

We also do all the printing for the Islanders.

Highlight of the evening was...meeting Mike Bossy and chatting with him for 15 minutes.

I've got 4 meetings with him over the next two months. :)

That's awesome.

SDogo;3242801 said:
Ugh, the only way I would watch either Hockey or Soccer is if you put the teams in a Octagon Ring.

Matter of fact, let them face each other.

No offense, but I find it somewhat ironic that you suggest that these athletes would be better served participating in an MMA brawl....coming from this forum's most notorious quitter. Do you find yourself intrigued by watching men compete in events that test there mental and physical limits because you have none of your own? Or are you just an over-reactionary?

I seriously don't mean this to be insulting. I'm just curious.

Biggems;3242808 said:
well if it makes u feel better, i am a Crosby fan cause he is a Penguin. if he had began his career as a Red Wing, Flyer, Capital or anywhere else, I would despise the guy.

Meh...I'm just bustin your balls. I respect Crosby as a player. He's still a wuss, but he's special on the ice *gag*....and your team earned that cup last year. That's one thing I love about hockey.....when its' all said and done, there aren't many excuses to be made. You either do, or you don't.

You've pretty much become the Caps biggest rival, so I have to hate you though....

CowboysFaninBaltimore;3243075 said:
I must be the most frustraited sports fan ever. It's a total tease to enjoy any team I like, and then watch them falter. This sucks! LOL!!! Anyone ever felt that way with your teams?

Well I'm a Cowboys and Caps fan. I've had arguably more hype and buildup than any other fan I can think of.....and with mediocre results.

I think this could be the Caps year though...

burmafrd;3243814 said:
Minor sport.

:rolleyes:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Yep it is a minor sport compared to the Big 3. Sorry if the truth hurts.

(Actually not)

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
burmafrd;3246569 said:

(Actually not)

You seem to hold your opinions higher than anyone else does....sorry if the truth hurts.

(Actually not).

The truth is, I don't give a rats *** if Hockey is a big sport or not. I follow a lot of sports outside of the "big 3" or whatever mainstream crap you consider to be superior just because of TV ratings or commercial sales.

I relish the fact that morons like yourself won't watch it because it isn't as popular as other sports. I don't like listening to the Jonas Brothers either burm....try not to cry.

Your opinion on this topic is just as ghey as your opinion on trucks....but thanks for chiming in and letting everyone see how useless you are.

Warick

Reaction score
burmafrd;3246569 said:

(Actually not)

Hey, don't knock it. Sure, it may not be as popular as the other sports, but that doesn't mean that it sucks.

Have you ever been to a NHL hockey game? If not, try it out if you ever get the chance, and better, go with someone that knows the game. I bet you might change your mind. It's a very fast game, with lots of hitting, skill, incredible shots, passing, and on occasion, a good fight.

Watching hockey on tv doesn't do the game justice. I've known a few people who shared your attitude until I took them to a game. A few of them are now season ticket holders.

Shady12

Reaction score
Warick;3245153 said:
Are you in SA? The Stars new minor league team "Texas Stars" started playing in Austin this year. If you are close by check them out.

I'm in SA, unfortunately it's the one out west. :D

The Iggie game I went to was the San Angelo Outlaws vs. the San Antonio Iguanas. In 2002 or so. Ahh the good ole days.

burmafrd

Reaction score
por wittle tomson got his feelings all hurt. Want your mommy to kiss it and make it better?