Anderson Silva Ko'd

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
hahahahaha thise guy is so dumb.

He knew he was in trouble. Weidman took him down like nothing at the opening of the fight. Silva got up but just started taunting. He know Weidman was real.

Silva says he doesnt want a rematch.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
How embarrassing that he was clowning around, dropping his hands, mocking his opponent and got his butt knocked out, glad he got KO'ed, simply put, Silva was being an arse in the ring.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I missed the opening few minutes but Silva stuffed a take down later.

I thought it was going to go like all other Silva fights, he just clowns his opponent and beats the hell out of them.

Weidman didn't bite and just kept swinging until he caught him. Pretty awesome. I talked to someone who said they didn't care for all the showboating and Silva just got flattened while showboating more than what I would say he has done in the past few fights.

romomania

Reaction score
all that greatness and going out like a clown is disappointing. I wanted to see a serious fight.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I missed the opening few minutes but Silva stuffed a take down later.

I thought it was going to go like all other Silva fights, he just clowns his opponent and beats the hell out of them.

Weidman didn't bite and just kept swinging until he caught him. Pretty awesome. I talked to someone who said they didn't care for all the showboating and Silva just got flattened while showboating more than what I would say he has done in the past few fights.

Weidman dominated on the ground. After silva got out of a leg lock weidman tried silva stayed away. yeah he came in with a clowning kicks and strikes but never made a move. Weidman was a little off balance with what Silva was doing. But its clear Silva didnt want to be close to Weidman.

And i agree Silva always does that, but this time he got caught.

Ren

Reaction score
My biggest mistake today was checking CBZ before watching the fight

Ren

Reaction score
I usually never click on UFC threads until after i have watched it but this time the title gave it away and it was the top thread in the sports forum so i saw it on the first page. I didn't see Weidman as a threat to Silva at all so i didn't bother staying up late/waking up early to watch it live.

Silva absolutely deserved what he got and it was long overdue
Will be interesting to see what Silva does after this if he doesn't clown around i think he beats Weidman easy. He didn't seem all that interested in a rematch or MMA for that matter after the fight but i'm pretty sure Dana will be inn his ear non stop to make him change his mind about a rematch. That or move to LHW

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
seemed silva started taunted as a tactic top keep the fight standing.
he had no desire to go to the ground and get ground and pounded into hamburger meat.

that taunting is pretty childish looking tho. even as a strategy it turns the fans against you.

silva is an all-time great but at 38 he really is close to done.

he'll probably get 3 or 4 more big-name matches but his best is behind him.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I usually never click on UFC threads until after i have watched it but this time the title gave it away and it was the top thread in the sports forum so i saw it on the first page. I didn't see Weidman as a threat to Silva at all so i didn't bother staying up late/waking up early to watch it live.

Silva absolutely deserved what he got and it was long overdue
Will be interesting to see what Silva does after this if he doesn't clown around i think he beats Weidman easy. He didn't seem all that interested in a rematch or MMA for that matter after the fight but i'm pretty sure Dana will be inn his ear non stop to make him change his mind about a rematch. That or move to LHW

silva was pretty clear he doesnt want a rematch.
weidman has the reach advantage and the wrestling advantage. 1st time i've seen that versus silva.
also once a guy gets knocked out for the first time it changes them.

i expect silva to fight nick diaz (winning easily) then maybe a superfight type scenario versus Bones or GSP for insane money.
he might rematch weidman but I think that'd be well down the road.
i dont think silva liked the pressure of the long streak and the lack of credit a champ gets for winning versus non-champs.

weidman versus vitor, hendo, rashad sounds about right to me.

VirusX

Reaction score
Honestly, this seem'ed a little to much like a WWE push of a new "Champ" to me. Silva didn't sound like his heart was in it from any of his interviews and said nearly the same thing after the fight as before the fight... I think 6-7 years of defense (2006?) wore on him. Saddened to see one of the greats lose his belt like that.... Props to Wiedman he did what he said he would. Hopefully he continues to grow.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Apparently the super fight options are dead, so no Bones or GSP for Silva.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Then he should just retire

If he's not opting for a rematch, then big time. Only other thing I'd like to see is him try a few freak show fights inn Japan.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
i believe silva fights diaz in the match up of largest taunters in UFC history.
big pay day for medicore at best fight.

a win or two for Silva and he could try to rise again to Bones.
Maybe a path like: dominate Diaz(very likely), rise to 205 and fight a couple gate keepers then fight Bones.

Bones issue is he has cleaned out the 205 but his frame really cant make 185 and going to a weight class that stretches to 265 is a crazy leap.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Silvas 38 he really doesn't have a few fights in him at an advanced weight. He would be stupid to take that on at this point. Jones will only improve over the next three years.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Silvas 38 he really doesn't have a few fights in him at an advanced weight. He would be stupid to take that on at this point. Jones will only improve over the next three years.

as you age it is much easier to fight up then down.
and he'll have elite speed versus any 205er.

only reason to fight Bones is for a massive pay day.
he wouldn't be fighting to win... he's admitted as much already.

he matches up poorly with weidman so see little reason for him to hop into a rematch there either.
maybe in a year after weidman has won a couple title defenses but right now silva has little to gain but the belt back and he really didnt want the belt because 185 is devoid of big money fights for him currently.

typical path for ex-champ is to change weight classes and drag a career out for a few more fights.
lotsa money to be made.