Anderson wants to be a coach

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Just found this from KFFL and thought some people might be interested:

Buccaneers | Anderson Serving as Intern
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:39:11 -0700

The St. Petersburg Times reports former NFL FB Richie Anderson is serving as an intern with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as part of the NFL Minority Fellowship for aspiring coaches.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
cowboysfan31 said:
Just found this from KFFL and thought some people might be interested:

Buccaneers | Anderson Serving as Intern
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:39:11 -0700

The St. Petersburg Times reports former NFL FB Richie Anderson is serving as an intern with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as part of the NFL Minority Fellowship for aspiring coaches.

That TRAITOR! Just kidding. I wish Richie well. He is a professional through and through. Glad he was a part of the Cowboys for a little while.

Good luck Richie in all your endeavors! :star:

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
i loved richie in his short stay with us.. he was one of the few bright spots we had during that time, minus a fumble here or there, he definetely gave us more good than bad....

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
They offered him a spot when he was cut but he turned it down.
Yeager? When did that happen..I missed it.

What I heard was Crennel in Cleveland along with Mo Carthon as OC, offered him the rb coaches job, but he turned it down.

He was seeking second third fourth and more opinions about his surgery..then he felt he had to retire, was released, and it was too late to get the Cleveland job. Someone else had been hired.

I never saw anything about the Boys offering him a coaching position, In fact, Jerry very abruptly and clearly answered "NO!" when asked if Anderson would be coaching here.

It was said the team was upset Richie took so long to make his decision about his spinal surgery. Not that he turned a position down...he reportedly enjoyd living in the area.

It seemed like he left here on a sour note, which is too bad if true, because he was a real asset those two years in many ways, and I'd hate to think of him on the outs with either Bill or Jerry.