Andrew Luck

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
#1 through #3 go out the window when you realize that we are the second best rushing offense in the NFL this year and that our Oline has given up 31 sacks (55 leads the league).

At the end of the day, if Dak needs others to elevate his play, he's not "Franchize QB" material.

Every QB is susceptible to the players around him. Dak is included in that. Now if you want to play dumb and act like you dont understand that , then by all means keep blabbering. There are plenty of other Romo cry babies/dak haters on here that will gleefully play dumb with you.

Now the question that is till unanswered is.................how much talent does Dak need around him to be play great. Being that its only his second season that question cant be fully answered yet.

starcity214

Reaction score
Every QB is susceptible to the players around him. Dak is included in that. Now if you want to play dumb and act like you dont understand that , then by all means keep blabbering. There are plenty of other Romo cry babies/dak haters on here that will gleefully play dumb with you.

Now the question that is till unanswered is.................how much talent does Dak need around him to be play great. Being that its only his second season that question cant be fully answered yet.

If this how Dak looks with the second best rushing attack (wich by nature opens up play action and should keep the safeties guessing) and average O-line play (31 sacks is by no means worst in the league and 6 of those happened in one game) i would hate to see how Dak would look in Seattle.

And see, that's the thing, we have other QBs doing more with less in this league..

Your only argument is "Dak is in his second year" but he has not grown one bit since his college days as his scouting report shows.

You would expect some growth... what has he been doing?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If this how Dak looks with the second best rushing attack (wich by nature opens up play action and should keep the safeties guessing) and average O-line play (31 sacks is by no means worst in the league and 6 of those happened in one game) i would hate to see how Dak would look in Seattle.

And see, that's the thing, we have other QBs doing more with less in this league..

Your only argument is "Dak is in his second year" but he has not grown one bit since his college days as his scouting report shows.

So you are mad that he isnt Tom Brady? Same stupid nonsense people said about Romo.

starcity214

Reaction score
So you are mad that he isnt Tom Brady? Same stupid nonsense people said about Romo.

No, I'm mad we got rid of a good QB for a career backup. But there's no use in crying over spilled milk. At this point, I'm just hoping it doesn't take our front office more than one year (the 2018 season) to realize that we need a 1st round, top 10 QB if we want to be competitive again.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, I'm mad we got rid of a good QB for a career backup. But there's no use in crying over spilled milk. At this point, I'm just hoping it doesn't take our front office more than one year (the 2018 season) to realize that we need a 1st round, top 10 QB if we want to be competitive again.

Romo retired. Time to get over it. Dak is a great QB. If you cant see that then your just plain stupid. No other way to say it.

EST_1986

Reaction score
The 2016 season in a nutshell -

1st and 10 at the Dal 20 , Zeke runs for 12 yards...

1st and 10 at the Dal 32, Zeke runs for 9 yards..

2nd and 1 at the Dal 41, Dal play action pass to Witten for 4 yards...first down

1st and 10 at the Dal 45, Zeke runs for 4 yards..

2nd and 6 at the Dal 49, Zeke runs for 4 yards...

3rd and 2 at the OPP 47, Dal play action pass to Beasley for 4 yards...first down.

1st and 10 at the OPP 43, Zeke runs for 31 yards....

1st and 10 at the OPP 12, Dak Read option fake throws to a wide open Witten in the endzone ..TD

Dak is playing at the same exact level he did last year... the difference? Teams have taken away the run and forced Dak to beat them eith his arm. He is not capable of doing it..

Look at the Denver game as an example (because some will claim Zeke not being here is the reason)

We could have Barry Sanders with the 90's cowboys O line but if the defenses don't fear the long ball , The RB will get stuffed every time. You can't block 9 players with 5..you just can't.
Can barely block 4 with 5

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
IF Dak sucks again next year and IF Andrew Luck recovers from his botched surgery would you guys like to make a play for him next offseason? There were rumblings a few months ago that he wanted a change of scenery. I can't blame him since the Colts seem to have no clue how to build a formidable oline and they've handled his injury poorly. How about we bring the Texas kid home for a few years until we find a long-term replacement? If If we were to trade for him next offseason, he'd have 3 yrs left on his deal w/ $23M guaranteed...not bad. Colts could also cut him and only be on the hook for $12M.

I would try and work something out this year if he could pass a physical among other stipulations. Maybe an incentive based trade. They’re in position to draft another franchise QB this year.

DcFootball4

Reaction score

I think we should bring in competition for Dak. But remember Brees beginning career as a Charger?

2001 CMP% 55.6 YDS 221 TD 1 INT 0 RAT 94.8
2002 CMP% 60.8 YDS 3,284 TD 17 INT 16 RAT 76.9
2003 CMP% 57.6 YDS 2,108 TD 11 INT 15 RAT 67.5
2004 CMP% 65.5 YDS 3,159 TD 27 INT 7 RAT 104.8
2005 CMP% 64.6 YDS 3,576 TD 24 INT 15 RAT 89.2

With how good Brees became after his 3rd season, whose to say that couldn't happen with Dak?

2016 CMP% 67.8 YDS 3,667 TD 23 INT 4 RAT 104.9
2017 CMP% 62.9 YDS 3,324 TD 22 INT 13 RAT 86.6

Like I said, I think competition can only help him get better, but he is a starter in the NFL.. at least imo.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Sure,but I doubt the Colts would be willing to give Luck up. Without him, they’re basically the Browns.

They won't, but dealing him to Denver isn't exactly a crazy idea. Gives them the #3 and #4 pick, and then some, lets them build a real solid foundation.

But i think there is a 0% chance that the Colts deliver another franchise QB to Denver.