Andrew Whitworth Mentions Tyron and Dallas On TNF When Being Asked About Playing Again

Carson

Reaction score
I listened to it and don't agree with your interpretation. It appears the Whitworth, the one who said it, agrees with mine.

I know from doing interviews that those you are interviewing don't always say things the best way or clearest way possible. That's why it is necessary to follow up with clarifying questions. "Are you saying the Dallas Cowboys have contacted you?" would have been a good follow-up question.
You know damn well he wouldn’t answer that question directly lol

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Whitworth a hall of fame before Tyron

It's such an interesting comparison.

I feel like Whitworth was an under the radar kind of guy/late bloomer (also doesn't help that he was overshadowed by one of the GOATs in his own division for years).

Whereas Tyron was a freak of nature that has slowly declined over the from an Alien-esque level to merely an All-Pro due to injuries.

Whitworth played his way into the hall of fame. It's always been Tyron's to lose (he didn't, he'll get in).

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If it is up to the wife and kids, then he is not coming to Dallas.

Maybe he's not too smart and doesn't know better than to say things he has to retract. o_O

Maybe this and maybe that, yuk, yuk, yuk!! Maybe he's telling the truth?
Nah, couldn't be!! Nobody does that, right?:huh:

Last edited:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Pretty sure this was all light hearted joking. I don't think he's serious about playing another year.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
How would it be tampering? Is he still under contract with the Rams? Do they own his rights? If so then yes, the Cowboys cannot talk to him, and if they want him they would have to ask the Rams first. And the Rams could ask for compensation.
yup thats how. they have to ask permission. ,

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The deal on this guy is this.

He hasn't said it. But I'm reading his body language.

He wants to play. He's retired now. But his comments are true.

1) He hasn't talked to the Jones'. He was talking about fans hitting him up on social media, and other people inquiring if he knew about it.

2) He said you would have to talk to his wife about it.

That's a signal drop. He's down play one more year. He indicated he would be OK with it, but that his wife would have to approve it. That's a negotiation signal. As in, "I could come out of retirement if enough money was offered to convince my wife."

We could pay him on a one year deal. And I think ultimately they will. They have to. Anyone else other than this guy playing versus Tampa Bay game one would be a mistake by this front office. He's at the very least serviceable enough to have played in and won a Super Bowl, just last year. Sure, he's 40, 41, but he's the kind of player who can play another year. That's why McVeigh had him last year.

Anyway, if you're reading between this lines. This wasn't Jerry calling the dude. This was Whitworth dropping signals.