Video: Andy Dalton is putting in some work! Shows some great accuracy as well!

nobody

Reaction score
I'm far from a Romo hater but I don't know if that gig was once in a life time. That gig seemed to be waiting for him whenever he wanted it. Maybe not on CBS but if he would've went to another network and would've been as good as he was? That CBS gig would've been there waiting for him.

Oh, I'm sure he might have gotten a gig somewhere else, but would it have been as good? Likely it might have been ESPN. What he got was a far better deal that gave him the most time with his family.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm not crazy about paying $35 million/year for a QB but the Dalton fantasies are just that - fantasies.

"He made the playoffs his first five years!"

Let's examine those five years.

Year one: Dalton = 58% completions, 20 TDs, 13 INTs; Bengals 9th in team defense
Year two: Dalton = 62% completions, 27 TDs, 16 INTs; Bengals 8th in team defense
Year three: Dalton = 62% completions, 33 TDs, 20 INTs; Bengals 5th in team defense
Year four: Dalton = 64% completions, 19 TDs, 17 INTs; Bengals 12th in team defense
Year five: Dalton = 65% completions, 25 TDs, 7 INTs; Bengals 2nd in team defense

Dude had a top 10 defense 4 of those 5 years and couldn't win a playoff game.
He averaged fewer than 25 TD passes and more than 14 INTs in those 5 years.

Dalton got carried by his defense. When it went to pot they stopped winning.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Or pay 5 and add the 30 mil in FAs to our defense . Dalton has given this team an option to add talent and not suffer at the QB position
Exactly, this is what some fans just dont see.

I think some should watch the GB game from last year and see what dak brings to the table.
He had some good passes, but had 3 int's and many bad passes, GB got way ahead and let up and he led team back to make it
sort of close at end, but the game was lost in the 1st half.
watch the gb game and then tell me he is worth what he is asking.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'm not crazy about paying $35 million/year for a QB but the Dalton fantasies are just that - fantasies.

Year one: Dalton = 58% completions, 20 TDs, 13 INTs; Bengals 9th in team defense
Year two: Dalton = 62% completions, 27 TDs, 16 INTs; Bengals 8th in team defense
Year three: Dalton = 62% completions, 33 TDs, 20 INTs; Bengals 5th in team defense
Year four: Dalton = 64% completions, 19 TDs, 17 INTs; Bengals 12th in team defense
Year five: Dalton = 65% completions, 25 TDs, 7 INTs; Bengals 2nd in team defense

I never watched the bengals play, so I dont know much about dalton, but you have to look at more than stats.
He had a JG type HC, and probably didnt have a rd 1 rb or the off line we have.

When a qb goes to another team or even like here with a coaching staff change, it changes all sorts of things that can help a qb be better
Look at tannehill, ran out of miami and 1st year with tenn in the playoffs and had great year.

I think both dak and dalton could be better with our new coaches, but dak isnt 30 million dollars better than dalton.
I have seen every game with dak and he has always been inconsistent, and makes a lot of bad decisions.
He also misses on easy passes I could make, and other times he looks great.

I would like to see dalton play with starters before I say he is a bum. Or at very least see what he looks like in ps.
I think new team and being dallas where he comes from I think he will be very motivated, much more than playing up in cincinatti in
all the cold weather.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I never watched the bengals play, so I dont know much about dalton, but you have to look at more than stats.
He had a JG type HC, and probably didnt have a rd 1 rb or the off line we have.

When a qb goes to another team or even like here with a coaching staff change, it changes all sorts of things that can help a qb be better
Look at tannehill, ran out of miami and 1st year with tenn in the playoffs and had great year.

I think both dak and dalton could be better with our new coaches, but dak isnt 30 million dollars better than dalton.
I have seen every game with dak and he has always been inconsistent, and makes a lot of bad decisions.
He also misses on easy passes I could make, and other times he looks great.

I would like to see dalton play with starters before I say he is a bum. Or at very least see what he looks like in ps.
I think new team and being dallas where he comes from I think he will be very motivated, much more than playing up in cincinatti in
all the cold weather.

You defined what an average QB is....and i agree with you

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You defined what an average QB is....and i agree with you
yeah too bad the jones boys dont agree with us :angry:
And I think dak deserves a payday, just not the kind of payday he thinks he should get.
I would like to see him get that payday on some other team.

Many of todays top qb's are overpaid, and jones boys want to overpay theirs even though he is just above avg.
Kirk Cousins is similar, and just wasnt worth what they paid him.

J. winston is similar to dak, and TB wisely chose not to give him a big payday
He was on a worse team with different coaches, and didnt make playoffs, but his play is similar, inconsistent , and at times looks great.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure he might have gotten a gig somewhere else, but would it have been as good? Likely it might have been ESPN. What he got was a far better deal that gave him the most time with his family.
Its hard to tell but I don't think the CBS deal would've been there had he waited a year. But I think it would've been there down the road for him.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with whether or not you love Dak. Dalton is not signing again or 3 million. He signed that as backup. If he thought he was coming here to start he would've signed for more. The plan is for him to get a much bigger deal next season.
Never said he would do it again or for the rest of his career just that he would honor his contract this year and START FOR 3MIL IF NECESSARY!!!! GIVING US A CHANCE TO ADD MORE TALENT AND BETTER THE TEAM !!

Blackrain

Reaction score
I think there are some who Love Dak more than the Cowboys
Yes and this clouds their judgment on what is best for the team . Dak at 650 k was the absolute best value in the league and we should have not wasted picks and built a defense and coaching staff to take the best advantage of his rookie contract .

We failed to do it and now at 30+ mill we have a much tougher battle putting the amount talent on the field necessary to get to a championship .

Dalton gives us a punchers chance to add enough talent if we cant come to terms with Dak . This should be considered a positive by all real Cowboy fans .

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes and this clouds their judgment on what is best for the team . Dak at 650 k was the absolute best value in the league and we should have not wasted picks and built a defense and coaching staff to take the best advantage of his rookie contract .

We failed to do it and now at 30+ mill we have a much tougher battle putting the amount talent on the field necessary to get to a championship .

Dalton gives us a punchers chance to add enough talent if we cant come to terms with Dak . This should be considered a positive by all real Cowboy fans .
It's considered a positive if we ever need Dalton as a back up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Never said he would do it again or for the rest of his career just that he would honor his contract this year and START FOR 3MIL IF NECESSARY!!!! GIVING US A CHANCE TO ADD MORE TALENT AND BETTER THE TEAM !!
You have the salary cap space to add talent NOW lol. The talent pool at this time of the season is slim.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I wonder how Dak does in that situation.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Who went to the playoffs every year his first five years and put up 10 wins or more in four of those years.

In Cincinnati for crying out loud.

Ahhh, yes, the first five years argument. Seems convincing on the surface but let's take a closer look at it.

It's one thing to not want to invest top dollar in Dak. I'm not crazy about that kind of money, either. But this notion that Dalton is Dak's equal - or worse yet, better - is nonsense. The "he played in Cincinnati" excuse is lazy.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Ahhh, yes, the first five years argument. Seems convincing on the surface but let's take a closer look at it.

It's one thing to not want to invest top dollar in Dak. I'm not crazy about that kind of money, either. But this notion that Dalton is Dak's equal - or worse yet, better - is nonsense. The "he played in Cincinnati" excuse is lazy.

People will still give Andy Dalton the supporting cast excuse as if it was significantly worse than Dak’s. Despite having AJ Green his entire time with the team. Despite having Jermaine Gresham at TE who made a couple pro bowls. Despite having Mohammed Sanu for years who has proven to be a good #2 receiver in the league at other spots as well.

And mind you they never had a RB as good as Zeke. No argument there. But they did have a solid RB committee for some years with Benjarvis Green Ellis and Giovanni Bernard and Jeremy Hill. Some
Of those committee put up 1400-1700 yards some years.

And again the Bengals defenses those seasons were better than every defense Dak has had.

But people want to pretend like the Bengals during those years were just horrible squads that Dalton elevated. Which just flat out isn’t the case.

Big D

Reaction score
For sure.

Do you guys remember last year...

Dak about every game Dak would throw a pass right b/,w the numbers of an opposing DB..

and the DB would be so shocked he would drop it.

This happened game after game. Had any of those guys held the ball. It's pick 6.

Nobody mentions this stuff but it's there.

I'm all for being objective. Does this stuff happen to Dak? sure it does. Does it also happen with every other QB playing? Absolutely.

BigD_95

Reaction score
He looks like he is working his rear off and looks fabulous! This really ought to bring out the best in my favorite player Dak Prescott! Watch around the 2:30 minute mark if you get bored easily.. His kids are really cute as they throw him footballs in between his reps..

my guess is when he is throwing the ball Dak would have got maybe 1 of those passes in that tight area