Recap: Andy Dalton | Primetime Career Record 6-19-1 & Stats

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Andy Dalton looked good other than the dropped INT that he threw right at the Giants DB that should have been a pick-6 and game ender...and this underthrown ball that Michael Gallup had to bend backwards and contort to make a miraculous catch for the game winner while getting his lower legs dangerously dived into from behind.
Dalton leads Gallop there and it's an easy TD.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dalton leads Gallop there and it's an easy TD.

They know this and would be driving this point home except the number on the jersey....Fact is it was a good throw with a great catch at a time we needed it no matter who threw it. The Irony that will be on this board the next 11 games is going to be thick.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not with the DC who cares what happened with Cinci, this isnt Cinci, clean slate new record starts tonight,,

No...guys like the OP are rooting for Andy to lose the game for us.

They are doing the very same thing they claimed people did to Dak. Hypocrites.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They know this and would be driving this point home except the number on the jersey....Fact is it was a good throw with a great catch at a time we needed it no matter who threw it. The Irony that will be on this board the next 11 games is going to be thick.

Aviano and I are "ignoring each other"...but you are correct! There's a very nice breakdown to Andy's play and he goes into detail about this play. One of the things he said is it was a very fast and almost blind throw. And he noticed Andy did something he doesn;t see Dak do and that was put some air under it...so that it would fall out of the sky. That is the only way Gallup makes that catch.

Really good breakdown and he has to really emphasize there's no knocking on Dak for his very sensitive fans.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Ahhh Nice try....but per this thread, when Dalton had his best teams (Play-off Team), Dalton is 0 - 4 and abysmal performances
You mean he rivals Dak in those areas..right?

Dak has not had much success against good teams with winning records.

Whereas he beats below .500 teams with good performances regularly?

I think we know the answer to those questions.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dude played for the Bengals. The best you get as a Bengal is a Thursday night game against a much better team so that people might actually watch. That's probably like 19 games getting swarmed by Steeler defenders.
Or Ravens

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Marvin Jones basically only played 2 years with Dalton. Sanu was around for a while, but he never really tore it up. Eifert constantly gets hurt and only really had 2 full seasons too. All of those guys only played 1 full season together and that was 2015 when Dalton was leading the league in passer rating.
and how is that different than Dak's WR group over the past 4 years?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You mean he rivals Dak in those areas..right?

Dak has not had much success against good teams with winning records.

Whereas he beats below .500 teams with good performances regularly?

I think we know the answer to those questions.
that myth has already been busted so many times, not sure you should even try to argue the point....the fact is that outside of brady, most QBs, rodgers, brees, etc. have similar winning percentage against teams with winning records....but looking at a record in a vaccum without comparing it to the rest of NFL, is like screaming in a sound proof room.......

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
that myth has already been busted so many times, not sure you should even try to argue the point....the fact is that outside of brady, most QBs, rodgers, brees, etc. have similar winning percentage against teams with winning records....but looking at a record in a vaccum without comparing it to the rest of NFL, is like screaming in a sound proof room.......
Not sure your assumptions represent a final decision on the topic.

We will discuss this more before it's said and done.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Waiting for the anti-Dalton/pro-Dakers to accept these stats after rejecting other stats that point towards any criticism of Dak

And I can already see one famous "QB guru" has already made his appearance

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Waiting for the anti-Dalton/pro-Dakers to accept these stats after rejecting other stats that point towards any criticism of Dak

And I can already see one famous "QB guru" has already made his appearance
There is a big reason why Cardinals CB, Patrick Peterson, recently said their plan is to stop Zeke and force Andy Dalton to pass the ball.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Andy Dalton's career primetime stats including playoffs.

26 games

6.39 YPA

28 TDs

21 INTs

547/890

61.5%

5694 YDs

80.6 QBR

I want to believe so bad....till then:facepalm:

All Hail DiNucci!
Y'all are some bad words people lol. What do these stats have to do with today's game? Are they with the same team? Since we know the answer to the question again just smh.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
For the record, I'm 100% behind Andy Dalton now that Dak is finished for the season!

Let's gooo, Andy! GO COWBOYS!!!

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Guess it will be 7-19-1 after tonight. Past don't mean anything at this moment.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No...guys like the OP are rooting for Andy to lose the game for us.

They are doing the very same thing they claimed people did to Dak. Hypocrites.
if they are wearing the Star , im hoping they have the best games of their careers..

i want the team to win, the players to play well, no tank talk and no rooting for player to fail so another looks better..that ridiculous..

I see tannehill leave and have nice reboot of his career, he didnt do anything with MIA..

I hope KM will know AD strengths that differ from Daks and call plays more runs, screens, and timing based crossers etc because AD can lead WRs to open spots..

is he better athlete then dak, no but hes a QB and has experience to run this offense.

im hoping hes our Foles this year and has a nice run to finish the season..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if they are wearing the Star , im hoping they have the best games of their careers..

i want the team to win, the players to play well, no tank talk and no rooting for player to fail so another looks better..that ridiculous..

I see tannehill leave and have nice reboot of his career, he didnt do anything with MIA..

I hope KM will know AD strengths that differ from Daks and call plays more runs, screens, and timing based crossers etc because AD can lead WRs to open spots..

is he better athlete then dak, no but hes a QB and has experience to run this offense.

im hoping hes our Foles this year and has a nice run to finish the season..

I'm with you blue. Imma cheer on my Cowboys, and hope for good fun play no matter who wears the star. right down to the last play of the last game even if it "means nothing". Means everything to me. The will to win and be the best you can be supersedes a draft pick.

cowboyroy is really couching his hope for losses. He even says stupid things like "it's not about tanking it's about HOPING to tank". 1st off...what does that even mean? Only difference is his disappointment if we don't.

And secondly...from his comments to other fans supporting all the players, it's clear his real motivation.