Andy Reid's son situation

J12B

Reaction score
I just learned of what happened with Andy Reid's son and the car accident he was involved in.

It sounds like Reid is a great coach but was a terrible father with a couple of kids who never fully grew up.

Reid sounds like a pathetic excuse for a man and his son should be in jail right now.

lk8701

Reaction score
I just learned of what happened with Andy Reid's son and the car accident he was involved in.

It sounds like Reid is a great coach but was a terrible father with a couple of kids who never fully grew up.

Reid sounds like a pathetic excuse for a man and his son should be in jail right now.

That's harsh. His players like him.

J12B

Reaction score
That's harsh. His players like him.

So what. He's an enabler. His son has had many run ins with the law and yet he's a coach on daddy's team.

Now he's responsible for changing a young child's life most likely forever or possibly ending it.

His son sounds like a self entitled piece of crap which is a reflection of Reid.

And apparently that car accident had no influence or affect on his coaching Sunday, which is what he said in his interview on Sunday and Mahomes echoed that statement.

Good to know that he can not think about something that terrible and awful to focus on a football game.

On top of all this, he hasn't offered to help with this situation at all or even reached out.

No respect for Reid at all.

John813

Reaction score
His son is an adult.
You can lead horses to water but you can't make them drink it.

His son is a POS for driving under the influence, especially with the fact he has the ability to get a ride from anyone if he wants to drink.

Who knows what Andy knew/knows about his son, or how far he enables him.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Wasn't there an incident with his sons a couple years ago? I can't remember.
Such an appalling post/thread. You have no inclination on the horrors of drug addiction. Andy coached 14 seasons w/Philly. During that time, he lost a son, Garrett Reid, 29, in 2012. Young Garrett was an unofficial strength & conditioning coach for the Eagles, died Aug. 5, 2012, of an accidental overdose of heroin. His body was found during Eagles training camp at a Lehigh University dorm room. His death shocked many because it appeared he had been turning a corner w/his drug-abuse battle.

Britt Reid, then 22, was sentenced to jail for a 2007 incident where he pointed a gun at a driver in a road-rage dispute. A judge sentenced him to 23 months in prison & five years' probation on firearms and drug charges. I as so many other fans have the deepest sympathy for the Reid' losing a child at such an early age. Sometimes even parents lose their lives over drugs. (Example: Michael Jackson/Celebrity deaths due to drug overdoses is through the roof) Drug addiction is a disease, not how a parent raised their child.

Once children leave the roost, they're on their own.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Jeez Dude
You cant be serious

mattjames2010

Reaction score
While I can't come to the conclusion that he is a terrible father, putting his son on the team might be his way of trying to get his son on the right track. However, I really hate nepotism.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When he was coaching in PHL, he was at a function with his wife when the question was asked how long he planned to coach and his wife offered up "until our kids are through high school" and Reid just smiled, nodded and looked at her. They were both known as devoted and loving parents.

What's this now, "the sins of the father" thinking? Andy Reid set out to make sure his sons got into drugs and trouble because that's what all father seek for their children?

Let me share something. I have two sons. One is sound and stable, married for 14 years with 3 great children and is as devoted a father and husband as I've ever witnessed. The other one is lost, can't hold a job and thinks the world owes him something just for him being in it. My first son is an intelligent man but my younger son is borderline genius and was in the gifted classes.

Those two men were raised by the same two people and are not even like they are from the same two parents. My entire support family has been waiting for almost 40 years for the younger one to "get it'. I do not think he ever will.

My wife and I went through drug rehab and family counseling with our younger son to the point of having him, unwillingly, put into a program two hours away. We saw plenty of people like ourselves, people looking for guidance and hope, people who loved their kids as much as the parents of kids who weren't on drugs and asking ourselves "what did we do wrong"?

On the old DC.com forum, I took shots at Andy when his sons were arrested and thoughtlessly called him "Father of the Year" facetiously and that is one post I regret more than others because I hated the Eagles and him for coaching them. It was really inhuman and short sighted, considering my own track record with my youngest.

Andy Reid is a haunted man. Haunted by the memory of one son, dead from an overdose, and hopeful that his other one was going to make it and now this happens. No words here can put him in more pain that he is in right now. Do any of us really think his mind was on a football game Sunday? Since he lost one son, he has desperately been trying to save the other and what more could he do?

I can only assume those piling on him are not parents. You see, parenting changes when they start to become teenagers and peer pressure begins to take over and as parents we can only hope we put their feet on a solid path to make the best choices when confronted with them.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jeez Dude
You cant be serious

I know. His son is a grown man. I'm not sure what this has to do with Andy. Does anyone know their life story or how they were raised?

jnday

Reaction score

I would be very careful about judging Reid as a father. If you have any children , you will find out that you have no control over them when they become adults. I am sure that Reid didn’t ask for his adult children to be idiots. It just happens that way sometimes.

jnday

Reaction score
I know. His son is a grown man. I'm not sure what this has to do with Andy. Does anyone know their life story or how they were raised?
No, but some are quick to judge without knowing the first thing about Andy as a father or the situation with his sons.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Anyone who has never drank a beer and drove home can cast the first stone.
Raising kids isnt easy and once those kids are past 18 they make their own choices. I will say this, how kids are raised doesnt always mean they will end up right. My sister went through a nasty divorce and was so busy working to provide a roof over her kids heads those three boys raised themselves from the age of 6,8 and 10. Thier father was a smart con man who wanted nothing to do with them. They were latch key kids who got into a lot of trouble but are all successful business men who left home when they were 16-18 years old. Their all making six digit salaries and have their own families and refuse to let their kids grow up without a father.