Animal Testing

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I am not a member of PETA or supporter animal 'rights.' But I see no need for the suffering of these animals. No drug testing makes the torture of primates, or any other animal, morally right.

See here if you have a strong constitution.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
It appears to me that the PETA investigator is the one who is doing half of these things to these monkeys.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
By the way... Peta is very hypocritical as they terrorize children with their gory comics...

Here is a recent one...

peta.jpg

Hoov

Reaction score
Im assuming PETA kills animals that are sick and dying, to help end suffering, but i dont know, the article didnt really comment there. but that comic is just disturbing, it seems pETA doees a lot of things like that.

k19

Reaction score
No offense to nimals but if testing things on them saves human lives I'm all for it, within reason of course.

Peta is crazy anyways

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa people. I never said I was a PETA supporter. Not at all - many of them are loons. But that has nothing to do with the link at hand. Treating any sentient being in that manor is wrong.

Talking about PETA's actions and hypocracy has nothing to do with the treatment of these primates.

trickblue

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Whoa whoa whoa people. I never said I was a PETA supporter. Not at all - many of them are loons. But that has nothing to do with the link at hand. Treating any sentient being in that manor is wrong.

Talking about PETA's actions and hypocracy has nothing to do with the treatment of these primates.

No one suggested you supported them (you know you do... :D )

Some of us just wanted to hijack your thread and get in some much deserved shots at PETA... :D

I'm not gonna say everything they stand for is wrong... but their methods usually are...

jcollins28

Reaction score
First off you should be smart enough not to fall for this crap. Every dollar you give for animal rights is a dollar against human rights. PETA is a domestic terrorist group nothing more nothing less.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
jcollins28 said:
First off you should be smart enough not to fall for this crap. Every dollar you give for animal rights is a dollar against human rights. PETA is a domestic terrorist group nothing more nothing less.

First off, I know what I saw in a video. Their method may be off, but that doesn't change the cruelty factor to animals.

Second, I have never, nor will I ever, give money to an animal rights group, much less any organization I deem to be activistic.

Third, all sentient beings ought to have some sort of moral value. As for 'animal rights' and money going against 'human right', I don't believe in such rights. Animal or human.

One cannot discount facts because its convenient to their preset beliefs.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
First off, I know what I saw in a video. Their method may be off, but that doesn't change the cruelty factor to animals.

Second, I have never, nor will I ever, give money to an animal rights group, much less any organization I deem to be activistic.

Third, all sentient beings ought to have some sort of moral value. As for 'animal rights' and money going against 'human right', I don't believe in such rights. Animal or human.

O.k so if you god forbid come down with a illness that will kill you and there is a medicine that will make you all better but it was the one being tested on these poor little monkeys I guess you will deny the medicine then? Personally I think these test should be done on death row prisoners but the ACLU would never allow that.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
jcollins28 said:
O.k so if you god forbid come down with a illness that will kill you and there is a medicine that will make you all better but it was the one being tested on these poor little monkeys I guess you will deny the medicine then? Personally I think these test should be done on death row prisoners but the ACLU would never allow that.

I am a Kantian. A sentient being ought never to be used as a means to an end.

trickblue

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/sign_word_o_day.gif

:D

Nomad

Reaction score
Also a lot of what they are doing is technically illegal, so it's not really just the animal testing issue itself that's the problem, there are laws and guidelines they're supposed to follow with how the research is done the animal's welfare etc., they're obviously violating a lot of them and it's good they're called on it.

DayOne1960

Old School D
Reaction score
I have to be blatantly honest here...Although it's pretty selfish, I don't care how many animals you have to kill if it will save human lives in the long run. Especially mine.

:D