'Anonymous' cyberattack arrests made in Spain

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I was talking to my buddy the other day that Anonymous was starting to get a little to big for their britches they way they were attacking everyone and doing it all the time. Way to much money involved from huge governments and corporations to prevent them from not being caught.

The dominoes have started falling and I bet they aren't done yet. Considering the US and several other nations now consider what they were doing acts of war, these guys may never see daylight again if convicted.

=================================================

Three alleged leaders of the Anonymous hacker group have been arrested in Spain, accused of cyberattacks on financial, government and corporate websites.

Spanish National Police announced the arrests Friday in a statement that alleged the three people in custody are leaders of the Spanish section of Anonymous, a loose-knit international activist group that has claimed attacks on companies such as Visa and MasterCard and on government websites.

The statement linked the alleged cybercriminals to attacks on the Spanish banks BBVA and Bankia, the Italian energy company Enel, and the governments of Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Iran, Chile, Colombia and New Zealand. They said a server at one of the hackers' homes had also been used to attack a Sony PlayStation store. But Manuel Vazquez, chief of the police's high-tech crime unit, told the Associated Press that the three detainees were not involved in an April cyberintrusion that affected millions of PlayStation Network users.

Complete Story

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I hope they throw the book and the tree it was made from at them.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Are you kidding? They'll get hired to do government work. Look at the list of countries they hacked.