Another freaking Commander fan?

pez

Reaction score
Hey all... new to the forum, and yes I am a Commanders fan. I am not here to troll, but to talk pure football. I am from Extremeskins, which I understand some of you all dislike, but in my opinion it is a good place to talk football and meet new friends.

I would like to start off by saying that I am glad our rivalry is back! We have had way too many years of mediocre coaches and staff as well as a roster full of me-first players. Luckily we have our coach back where he belongs, and he has been turning the team around for us. I think because of the turnaround, we will see some more bitter hard fought games like we used to love between our teams.

I look forward to chatting with all of you in the future, and I hope that both of our teams have a great season without injury. Oh yeah.... and um..... Hail to the Commanders :)

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
:welcome: aboard...

You will have absolutely zero problems here as long as you want to talk football...

Enjoy your stay...

pez

Reaction score
trickblue said:

You will have absolutely zero problems here as long as you want to talk football...

Enjoy your stay...

Thanks trick. I don't think there is need for anyone to be an *** to another person based upon what team they root for. I prefer to let the teams do the talking. We are just here to root them on. :)

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
pez said:
I would like to start off by saying that I am glad our rivalry is back! We have had way too many years of mediocre coaches and staff as well as a roster full of me-first players. Luckily we have our coach back where he belongs, and he has been turning the team around for us. I think because of the turnaround, we will see some more bitter hard fought games like we used to love between our teams.

YOU have your coaches back...while we have a new coach I wish i was old enough to say i miss the days of Coach Landry but i can say i miss the days of Coach Johnson

pez

Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
YOU have your coaches back...while we have a new coach I wish i was old enough to say i miss the days of Coach Landry but i can say i miss the days of Coach Johnson
I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I liked Jimmy a hell of a lot more than I like parcell's. I think that (like gibbs) he (jimmy) was a player's coach. Parcell's just seems like the kind of person that tells you to respect him, rather than earning it.

Just opinion - I could be wrong.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
pez said:
I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I liked Jimmy a hell of a lot more than I like parcell's. I think that (like gibbs) he (jimmy) was a player's coach. Parcell's just seems like the kind of person that tells you to respect him, rather than earning it.

Just opinion - I could be wrong.
IMO the "Players Coach" era is dwindling...

It was been proven time and time again over the last few years that the players can't be trusted to dicipline themselves on their own...

Most of the successful coaches today are hard-arses...

The last 10 SB's have been won by old-style coaches with the exception of Brian Billick and look how he lost that team...

You can argue Shanahan as a player's coach but I see him more as old school...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:

Enjoy your stay...
what he said...

Welcome to the best Cowboys board on the net.

pez

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
what he said...

Welcome to the best Cowboys board on the net.

Thanks for the welcome... My wife and I help put together events for ES including a big tailgate... Maybe I will see ya there at the cowboys game :)

kartr

Reaction score
pez said:
Hey all... new to the forum, and yes I am a Commanders fan. I am not here to troll, but to talk pure football. I am from Extremeskins, which I understand some of you all dislike, but in my opinion it is a good place to talk football and meet new friends.

I look forward to chatting with all of you in the future, and I hope that both of our teams have a great season without injury. Oh yeah.... and um..... Hail to the Commanders :)

Welcome aboard, we love to discusss football. I love what Gibbs has done to your team from a football perspective. I have always respected and admired the way he built teams and I think he is a class act. Some here even call me a closet Commander fan, but I'm not actually. I just respect some things that other teams do. When I was young I hated all things not Dallas, now I'm a bit more enlightened, I even admire what the Steelers have done. But I still don't
like Chuck Noll or George Allen, that will never change.

pez

Reaction score
kartr said:
Welcome aboard, we love to discusss football. I love what Gibbs has done to your team from a football perspective. I have always respected and admired the way he built teams and I think he is a class act. Some here even call me a closet Commander fan, but I'm not actually. I just respect some things that other teams do. When I was young I hated all things not Dallas, now I'm a bit more enlightened, I even admire what the Steelers have done. But I still don't
like Chuck Noll or George Allen, that will never change.

Thanks for the welcome Kartr... I actually liked Jimmy quite a bit as well, there are definitely some similarities between him and gibbs. Although I do respect Parcell's, I am not fond of his attitude and his approach towards players..

Look forward to chats in the future!