CFZ Another look at the Lamb INT from Dak’s POV

khiladi

Reaction score

You guys just don’t give up. Click on the picture to blow it up and LOOK AT IT. Where are the defenders before Dak has even thrown the ball, particularly the outside safety on cover 3. This Dak-zealot is trying to defend him, but is completely oblivious, like the QB, to what is happening on the field.

It’s the first read and as Warner points out, even the OUTSIDE safety on the cover 3 has leaked inside, while Dak still hasn’t thrown it. He’s watching Dak stare Lamb down. The INSIDE safety is well positioned for the INT already and the LB is underneath, meaning Dak still has to throw it OVER the LB. At which point is this even a good throw?
Now there is what is called DEFENDERS as well as other WRs on the play, but many times, Dak doesn’t seem to realize this. There are three defenders inside, the two safeties keyed in to exactly where Dak is going to throw it. There are two outside WRs that Dak also has the option to throw too.

By this time, as the all-22 shows with Kurt Warner pointing it out, the outside WR has the go route without the deep safety already best.

It is one of the major flaws I’ve been saying over and over and over again. It’s called PROGRESSIONS. Dak stares down WRs and is an early read QB who has zero situational awareness. Lamb could be doing backflips for all we care, Dak had ZERO business throwing it. He was going there from the very beginning no matter what. The issue of Lamb in reality is SECONDARY, because the LB did his job of disrupting timing and taking inside leverage. The issue is NOT miscommunication of Lamb, the issue is Dak has no business throwing it based on what the defense was showing.

Last edited:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
A QB can get hung out to dry by receivers not doing what they are expected to do. However, the QB is the ultimate decision maker. He has to make the decision based on what he sees mid play not what was drawn up. I have no issues saying Lamb bailed on the route. I also think Dak shares blame for the reasons you show. Unfortunately, Dak doesn't see or trust or process quickly enough. Whatever you want to call it. Defenses know it and are manufacturing turnovers by understanding our offensive tendencies and player weaknesses.

khiladi

Reaction score

And absolutely none of that addresses Dak’s lack of situational awareness. All these Tweets are based on this ‘miscommunication’ tripe though Struk died point out Dak should “fire it out of bounds” on the Schultz-Lamb spacing one.

I mean look at the last Tweet, which I already stated Dak did the same thing against the Bears. So Sturm is using this to blame Lamb, but guess what? In this case the look is cover 2 shell, not a single deep safety in the middle of the field. So per “Michael Irvin”, in this case, Lamb is correct in running the post route, but this week he is wrong for running it, as there was the single deep safety in the middle. So if we go by Mike’s logic and not Sturm, Dak either made the wrong throw and flat out stared down his WR making it easy for the safety to INT the ball, or the safety is Superman, because Dak obviously doesn’t make mistakes.

So now we are on to another WR who is being sacrificed at the altar of Dak. It’s not like the WR had been here for SEVEN years and has been in the position of number 1 WR during this time.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Don't know why is is getting so much attention, yes, 2 mistakes, but they were in the 1st half. Bottom line is, offense gave the D a 14 point edge with a quarter to go and they couldn't finish. It's as simple as that! Also, probably the reason why they went for the 4th and 4 over the FG, their defense couldn't hold up.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
As Sturm pointed out, it's happening weekly. After the Bears game when it was mentioned how the Bears knew what was coming & how to bail on other coverages to get to the ball some posters tried to minimize it just because they didn't actually get the turnover on a couple of them.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Don't know why is is getting so much attention, yes, 2 mistakes, but they were in the 1st half. Bottom line is, offense gave the D a 14 point edge with a quarter to go and they couldn't finish. It's as simple as that! Also, probably the reason why they went for the 4th and 4 over the FG, their defense couldn't hold up.

Bingo .......the 2 interceptions didn't cost us the game but this is Dak, need I say more.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And absolutely none of that addresses Dak’s lack of situational awareness. All these Tweets are based on this ‘miscommunication’ tripe.

I mean look at the last Tweet, which I already stated Dak did the same thing against the Bears. So Sturm is using this to blame Lamb, but guess what? In this case the look is cover 2, not a single deep safety in the middle of the field. So per “Michael Irvin” Lamb is correct in running the post route, but this week he is wrong for running it, as there was the single deep safety in the middle. So if we go by Mike’s logic and not Sturm, Dak either made the wrong throw and flat out stared down his WR making it easy for the safety to INT the ball, or the safety is Superman, because Dak obviously doesn’t make mistakes.

it’s insane to me that Sturm, Michael Irvin, Greg Olsen, Nate Newton, guys that breakdown films all will blame Lamb but Khiladi the notorious Dak hater will say these guys don’t know what they are talking about and we should listen to his genius breakdown of how it’s all Daks fault. Lmao

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

You guys just don’t give up. Click on the picture to blow it up and LOOK AT IT. Where are the defenders before Dak has even thrown the ball, particularly the outside safety on cover 3. This Dak-zealot is trying to defend him, but is completely oblivious, like the QB, to what is happening on the field.

It’s the first read and as Warner points out, even the OUTSIDE safety on the cover 3 has leaked inside, while Dak still hasn’t thrown it. He’s watching Dak stare Lamb down. The INSIDE safety is well positioned for the INT already and the LB is underneath, meaning Dak still has to throw it OVER the LB. At which point is this even a good throw?
Now there is what is called DEFENDERS as well as other WRs on the play, but many times, Dak doesn’t seem to realize this. There are three defenders inside, the two safeties keyed in to exactly where Dak is going to throw it. There are two outside WRs that Dak also has the option to throw too.

By this time, as the all-22 shows with Kurt Warner pointing it out, the outside WR has the go route without the deep safety already best.

It is one of the major flaws I’ve been saying over and over and over again. It’s called PROGRESSIONS. Dak stares down WRs and is an early read QB who has zero situational awareness. Lamb could be doing backflips for all we care, Dak had ZERO business throwing it. He was going there from the very beginning no matter what. The issue of Lamb in reality is SECONDARY, because the LB did his job of disrupting timing and taking inside leverage. The issue is NOT miscommunication of Lamb, the issue is Dak has no business throwing it based on what the defense was showing.

That's an INT even if CeeDee would've cut it inside. Dak is staring him down and the safety is watching him do it.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter…

According to some logic and reason don’t matter everything is Daks fault and he sucks.

khiladi

Reaction score
it’s insane to me that Sturm, Michael Irvin, Greg Olsen, Nate Newton, guys that breakdown films all will blame Lamb but Khiladi the notorious Dak hater will say these guys don’t know what they are talking about and we should listen to his genius breakdown of how it’s all Daks fault. Lmao

Did you watch the Kurt Warner all-22 breakdown? Sturm also says Dak should have thrown one away. How many times do we need to address this bogus narrative of “everybody and their mother” thinking Dak isn’t at fault?

khiladi

Reaction score
That's an INT even if CeeDee would've cut it inside. Dak is staring him down and the safety is watching him do it.

Exactly. Lamb is secondary in regards to QB play. “Miscommunication” is bogus term for a play that demonstrates complete lack of situational awareness.

This is without getting into the facf it’s not possible for Lamb to cut inside, because as I stated, the LB disguised coverage and dropped back had inside leverage, so Lamb had to extend his break regardless.

It’s who Dak is as a QB.. an early read QB, who is slow at processing the field. These defenses know Dak’s tendencies as a passing QB and it’s become more and more evident since Denver to the rest of the world.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Once again, Irvin, Oslen, and Chad Johnson all are commenting on it live. None of them are breaking down the film.

Sturm said it was Daks fault in the Bears game, and you said he was wrong.

And Nate knows 0 about WR play

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Did you watch the Kurt Warner all-22 breakdown? Sturm also says Dak should have thrown one away. How many times do we need to address this bogus narrative of “everybody and their mother” thinking Dak isn’t at fault?

I guess as many times as NFL personnel need to say that something happened 1 way and Khiladi says it happened 2 way.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

It is at least a contested catch \ big collision. Unfortunately I think it also exposes a CD tendency that he wants to avoid contact.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Once again, Irvin, Oslen, and Chad Johnson all are commenting on it live. None of them are breaking down the film.

Sturm said it was Daks fault in the Bears game, and you said he was wrong.

And Nate knows 0 about WR play

I’ve seen guys that breakdown all-22 film that have came to this same conclusion