CFZ Another look at the Lamb INT from Dak’s POV

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It is at least a contested catch \ big collision. Unfortunately I think it also exposes a CD tendency that he wants to avoid contact.
Dak is throwing hospital balls to CeeDee and they're getting INT'd.

Maybe CeeDee is avoiding the contact, but from the picture in that tweet that safety is breaking toward the ball before Dak is even in full wind up. I don't see how it's not an INT regardless.

khiladi

Reaction score
There was nothing CeeDee could've done that that would have prevented an INT. The only thing that would have prevented in INT in that situation is throwing it somewhere else.

And the real issue is the cover 3 safety on Dak’s left. He’s already shifted inside befire Sak throws it. He was positioned as over-the-top help on the outside WR go-route.

So if Dak was really not staring Lamb down and was using his eyes to bait that safety inside, he would have tossed the ball to the outside WR who already beat his man as Kurt Warner points out in a very nice way.

Dak takes the worst possible option and it’s all because he’s an early read, stare down his WRs, QB who is slow at processing the field. So even if his mechanics are good on a throw, he’ll throw a spiral right to the defender.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dak is throwing hospital balls to CeeDee and they're getting INT'd.

Maybe CeeDee is avoiding the contact, but from the picture in that tweet that safety is breaking toward the ball before Dak is even in full wind up. I don't see how it's not an INT regardless.

That is why I said in another post that the QB has final decision and Dak shares the blame. He should have seen that safety was coming forward and realized odds of a successful play were dropping like a rock.