Another new UK member

Skullmiester

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have been a Cowboys fan since the early 80's when the tv channel 4 first started to show the nfl.
Why the Cowboys? I don't know why but I was just attracted to the team, there was something unique about you.

After a while waiting for the weekly updates on channel 4 weren't enough so I latched onto the fact that in the uk we could pick up America's Armed Forces Radio on medium wave (AFN) which regularly had live radio commentary of nfl games so whenever the Cowboys were on that was it for me, a late night was in store and and no doubt going to school very tired the next day.

Anyway thanks to modern technology I can watch just about every game and no longer need to move the radio around to try and get a good medium wave radio signal!

Gutted tonight after having watched the narrow defeat to the Giants but I'm feeling a lot more positive than I thought I would be despite the loss. I thought Dak showed a lot of promise, lost his way a bit later on but plenty to build on.

Anyway please to join the board and looking forward to following the season with you all.

My first love in English 'football' is Sunderland AFC but a Cowboys touchdown means every bit as much as a Sunderland goal.

Patrick

haleyrules

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have been a Cowboys fan since the early 80's when the tv channel 4 first started to show the nfl.
Why the Cowboys? I don't know why but I was just attracted to the team, there was something unique about you.

After a while waiting for the weekly updates on channel 4 weren't enough so I latched onto the fact that in the uk we could pick up America's Armed Forces Radio on medium wave (AFN) which regularly had live radio commentary of nfl games so whenever the Cowboys were on that was it for me, a late night was in store and and no doubt going to school very tired the next day.

Anyway thanks to modern technology I can watch just about every game and no longer need to move the radio around to try and get a good medium wave radio signal!

Gutted tonight after having watched the narrow defeat to the Giants but I'm feeling a lot more positive than I thought I would be despite the loss. I thought Dak showed a lot of promise, lost his way a bit later on but plenty to build on.

Anyway please to join the board and looking forward to following the season with you all.

My first love in English 'football' is Sunderland AFC but a Cowboys touchdown means every bit as much as a Sunderland goal.

Patrick
Go on home...British soldiers...go on home...have you no ******* homes of your own.....:grin: lol. Just kidding..thats the Irish in me...

Skullmiester

Reaction score
:grin:
Go on home...British soldiers...go on home...have you no ******* homes of your own.....:grin: lol. Just kidding..thats the Irish in me...

:laugh:

Lol cheers.

I've been doing my family tree recently and my great great grandfather and his wife were from Ireland so I've everything covered.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Blimey, another hooligan from across the pond.

There are two of your known accomplices here, Londonboy, who likes to be called Londy so we call him Londonboy and DoctorChicken, who thinks he's the most liked poster on the forum and a hugs fan of boy bands.

Welcome Skully, I like giving cybernoogies, especially to you blokes that are so proper and make our women swoon with those fake accents (I know you only talk that way when there are women around). I am from the south and the most uneducated and ignorant Brit can make Rhodes Scholars from Mississippi sound like rejects from the casting call for Ma and Pa Kettle movies.

Hope you brought an attitude and some sarcasm with you, this place could always use a little more.

Skullmiester

Reaction score
Blimey, another hooligan from across the pond.

There are two of your known accomplices here, Londonboy, who likes to be called Londy so we call him Londonboy and DoctorChicken, who thinks he's the most liked poster on the forum and a hugs fan of boy bands.

Welcome Skully, I like giving cybernoogies, especially to you blokes that are so proper and make our women swoon with those fake accents (I know you only talk that way when there are women around). I am from the south and the most uneducated and ignorant Brit can make Rhodes Scholars from Mississippi sound like rejects from the casting call for Ma and Pa Kettle movies.

Hope you brought an attitude and some sarcasm with you, this place could always use a little more.

Thanks coach, sounds like us Brits are gathering in numbers all the time.
I think I'm going to enjoy this place very much.
As well as learning more about the intricacies of football and the mysteries of the draft (keep meaning to read up on the how this actually works as I know it's a big deal) I hope to also learn more about America which I'm quite fascinated with, Mrs Skully's favourite TV shows are all American anyway so at times I forget which country I'm in!
I've learned two new things already from your post (1) Noogies (2) Ma and Pa Kettle Movies - I'm going to watch an episode or two later on.
Being from the North-East of England my accent is more Scottish than Downtown Abbey believe me

strollinruss

Reaction score
Skullmiester, I'm a huge fan of English chicks, so I guess you can hang with us.

nobody

Reaction score
Thanks coach, sounds like us Brits are gathering in numbers all the time.
I think I'm going to enjoy this place very much.
As well as learning more about the intricacies of football and the mysteries of the draft (keep meaning to read up on the how this actually works as I know it's a big deal) I hope to also learn more about America which I'm quite fascinated with, Mrs Skully's favourite TV shows are all American anyway so at times I forget which country I'm in!
I've learned two new things already from your post (1) Noogies (2) Ma and Pa Kettle Movies - I'm going to watch an episode or two later on.
Being from the North-East of England my accent is more Scottish than Downtown Abbey believe me

lol. What do you think of the word

Soccer.gif
???

Skullmiester

Reaction score
I hope you are not a soccer fan!

I have to confess I am a huge soccer fan but love quite a few sports as well as football and soccer (which aren't actually sports but are life choices to me).

Will I get pelters for admitting to loving cricket as well?

Londonboy

Reaction score
Hi DeathMonkey, Lol yes I understand that this might spark some lively debate.
I'm on your patch so I am happy with the word soccer while visiting.
Don't do it Bruv, don't let Them use the "S WORD", it's pure evil.
Remember it was OUR patch once, if not for those dastardly froggies, it still would be.

p.s :welcome:

nobody

Reaction score
Remember it was OUR patch once, if not for those dastardly froggies, it still would be.

It would still be your patch if your ******* king and House of Lords had given the colonies representation in the gov't. That would have taken the sails right out of the revolution, or produced less volunteers and the guys that did revolt would have been crushed quickly. But you guys had to go and be all greedy. By the way.... SOCCER!

Skullmiester

Reaction score

Hi there mate, I agree with you but that's because my team Sunderland are so so bad at the minute :(

So does history get a few mentions on here like? :)

Skullmiester

Reaction score
It would still be your patch if your ******* king and House of Lords had given the colonies representation in the gov't. That would have taken the sails right out of the revolution, or produced less volunteers and the guys that did revolt would have been crushed quickly. But you guys had to go and be all greedy. By the way.... SOCCER!

Well it's a good job it worked out the way it did as you never know there might not have been such a thing as football :thumbup:

nobody

Reaction score
Hi there mate, I agree with you but that's because my team Sunderland are so so bad at the minute :(

Oh yeah, we give each other a hard time all of the time. (It's all in fun.) He even thoughfully sends us a pic saying "Happy Traitor's Day" on the 4th of July. It's very touching.

haleyrules

Reaction score

lol. I used to work a lotout of the UK and went to a few Ranger celtic games...." Could you go a chicken supper Bobby Sands"!!:)

Skullmiester

Reaction score
Oh yeah, we give each other a hard time all of the time. (It's all in fun.) He even thoughfully sends us a pic saying "Happy Traitor's Day" on the 4th of July. It's very touching.

Lol very good.
When me and Mrs Skully were on honeymoon in Vegas a few years back we met an English guy who now lives in California and he told us he had a flagpole in his garden and flew the Union Jack flag on 4th July to the amusement of his neighbours in the cul-de-sac were he lived, all good fun.