Twitter: Another piece of evidence

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why I usually LIKE to do (not need) is ask people to back up their claims. I don't really like it when they tell me to do it for them.

And if it was actually something in question, I would absolutely do so. But this isn't.

IN all actuality....I guess I am not all that worried about a few people who think Garret was the best coach ever. Results speak for themselves, regardless of Jerry. So...probably gonna let this one go.

Fair enough. That's my position on it too. I'm not putting in the effort to call out fools.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In fairness, the Dolphins were in the playoffs the two seasons before Jimmy arrived, and 3 of the previous 4 seasons before Jimmy arrived, so Jimmy didn’t actually elevate the Dolphins above where they already were.
That is true but it wasn't like those were great teams. You could argue those teams shouldn't have even been in the playoffs. Jimmy's failure with the Dolphins ain't the same as Garrett's failures. His failures were playoff losses. Garrett's was he could barely get there to begin with.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, just tired of everyone coddling the players by giving their piss poor performance every excuse under the sun.

If you could show us the great coaching they were getting from guys who went on to bigger and better things, you'd have a point.

The fact is that these comments are simply more evidence of Cowboys players operating under the disadvantage of archaic, uncreative, predictable coaching and playcalling. One arm tied behind their back out there.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is true but it wasn't like those were great teams. You could argue those teams shouldn't have even been in the playoffs. Jimmy's failure with the Dolphins ain't the same as Garrett's failures. His failures were playoff losses. Garrett's was he could barely get there to begin with.
I agree Jimmy’s failures are different than Garrett’s, And I’m not suggesting Jimmy was a bad coach, and certainly not that Garrett is comparable. I was only talking about the indication that Jimmy took a “dreadful” Dolphin team to the playoffs 3 times, and that wasn’t accurate. The Dolphins had just been to the AFC Championship game a few years earlier, and had been making the playoffs regularly before Jimmy arrived.

Remember, the Miami job opened up because Shula retired, not because the Dolphins sucked and fired their head coach.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree Jimmy’s failures are different than Garrett’s, And I’m not suggesting Jimmy was a bad coach, and certainly not that Garrett is comparable. I was only talking about the indication that Jimmy took a “dreadful” Dolphin team to the playoffs 3 times, and that wasn’t accurate. The Dolphins had just been to the AFC Championship game a few years earlier, and had been making the playoffs regularly before Jimmy arrived.

Remember, the Miami job opened up because Shula retired, not because the Dolphins sucked and fired their head coach.
That's subjective. I think the Dolphins sucked before Jimmy got there. Yeah they made the playoffs but they were not a threat. Jimmy didn't propel them to greater heights or anything like that but he got there and they missed out on the playoffs and the next 3 seasons he got them to the playoffs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's subjective. I think the Dolphins sucked before Jimmy got there. Yeah they made the playoffs but they were not a threat. Jimmy didn't propel them to greater heights or anything like that but he got there and they missed out on the playoffs and the next 3 seasons he got them to the playoffs.
Were they any more of a threat after Jimmy got there? The records weren't any better, and they didn't go any further in the playoffs.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Texas High School All State Center. Also played HB in junior high and 9th grade. I understand the roles of both positions fairly well. Zeke clearly has come up short during key 3rd or 4th and short running plays. The Oline's blocking during thise plays has been fairly good as explained and shown in the video. The problem has been Zeke. Not a good sign to be paid so much only to not show up on key plays that have killed drives, left points on the field and contributed to game losses. I know it hurts some fans like yourself to hear that about Zeke, but that's the truth. Hope the old Zeke comes back because there is no need to continue paying so much money for a RB who is supposed to convert such key game-costing plays but doesn't.
All State in Texas, given the size of the state and the importance of HS football, nice accomplishment.

Gongrats!

cowboyed

Reaction score
How often does one have to take a crap before they realize they need toilet paper.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
I am amongst the biggest garret haters here. I couldnt bear the thought of another wasted year with him at the helm. But I think the players are getting a pass here and not being held responsible. I hope we dont see more of the same crap from players under McCarthy.
Heres hoping that McCarthy really makes each and every player and staff be held responsible for his play. If not, we may be all very disappointed.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I am amongst the biggest garret haters here. I couldnt bear the thought of another wasted year with him at the helm. But I think the players are getting a pass here and not being held responsible. I hope we dont see more of the same crap from players under McCarthy.
Heres hoping that McCarthy really makes each and every player and staff be held responsible for his play. If not, we may be all very disappointed.
Anyone would quit on a robot who was saying the same nonsense for an entire decade.

The players knew the schemes were dated and garbage, and they made little attempt to disguise anything at all.

Players need to believe in their leadership and what they are doing.

I dont at all blame them for not in this case.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Anyone would quit on a robot who was saying the same nonsense for an entire decade.

The players knew the schemes were dated and garbage, and they made little attempt to disguise anything at all.

Players need to believe in their leadership and what they are doing.

I dont at all blame them for not in this case.
I do hope you are right. Players must take some blame too though. You cant take what a lot of the league says is a great roster and not ask the players ....why? Optimism reigns supreme and thats understandable after the clown is gone. . Been stung a few many times buying into the talented roster line. I respectfully am entrenched in the " wait and see, show me camp for now. Thanks for your input. Stay cool