Another reason to be excited about Cooper from watching the film

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I've watched a lot of Cooper's film in Oakland and I've come to a conclusion ... Derek Carr stinks.

If you think Dak misses a lot of open receivers then watch some Oakland film. Carr continually misses open receivers running wide open and throws to receivers blanketed by a defender. It seemed Carr rather force the ball to Crabtree while Cooper or another receiver is running wide open. It's really weird.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I've watched a lot of Cooper's film in Oakland and I've come to a conclusion ... Derek Carr stinks.

If you think Dak misses a lot of open receivers then watch some Oakland film. Carr continually misses open receivers running wide open and throws to receivers blanketed by a defender. It seemed Carr rather force the ball to Crabtree while Cooper or another receiver is running wide open. It's really weird.
when will David Challenge Derek to a accuracy challenge at the Arcadelike Dak..just for this reason I hope David is under rock realizes his baby Brother is hurt and on the trading block having horrible season after ripping Dak..

ghst187

Reaction score
Just wild that two seasons ago everyone was talking Carr up as the next great QB, and he did look great, then injury, monster contract, kaput.

Batman1980

Reaction score
That was when Carr had a healthy OL, Marshawn Lynch, Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
.... I've come to a conclusion ... Derek Carr stinks.

aV3wWDw.jpg

Nothing some of Dak's cologne can't fix......

glimmerman

Reaction score
We shall see. Now I hate that it’s a bye week. Can’t wait to see what happens now.

But now the O-Line gets rest and Coop learns Offense. Gets in valuable reps. I think Elliot needs rest also. Defense gets rest and Irving gets in better shape. Lee gets rest.

Usually we are in a roll and the bye week is a bad thing. This year I think we need it.

Batman1980

Reaction score
We shall see. Now I hate that it’s a bye week. Can’t wait to see what happens now.

But now the O-Line gets rest and Coop learns Offense. Gets in valuable reps. I think Elliot needs rest also. Defense gets rest and Irving gets in better shape. Lee gets rest.

Usually we are in a roll and the bye week is a bad thing. This year I think we need it.

I hate that it's a bye week and we don't come back till MNF. At least it gives Dak another day to practice missing Cooper on his routes.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I hate that it's a bye week and we don't come back till MNF. At least it gives Dak another day to practice missing Cooper on his routes.

He is improving. Ever so slight. We just have to get this O-Line and Elliot cranked up.

glimmerman

Reaction score
O-line is missing its big boss, that's a hole that probably won't get filled till 2019.
I think this line coach isn’t very good. Heard that he is changing some of there techniques. Why anyone would mess with that O-Line is beyond me. He had to walk into one of the easiest jobs ever.

But yeah. They miss the big man in the middle.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't disagree with you about Carr's struggles and deficiencies, but the one thing I did see him do was to actually pull the trigger on some throws. Dak has to start trusting what he sees and doing that or it won't matter how good Cooper might be. Receivers can't throw it and catch it.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

My own research says you very intelligent football fan.

Me like your post.

Carr was the problem and still is.

How much you want to bet he has a bag at home already packed for his plane flight to his next team?

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't disagree with you about Carr's struggles and deficiencies, but the one thing I did see him do was to actually pull the trigger on some throws. Dak has to start trusting what he sees and doing that or it won't matter how good Cooper might be. Receivers can't throw it and catch it.
That’s what I was saying about Dak improving slightly. He was throwing and throwing well last week. But when teams sell out to the run it should be open all day.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The kid can ball. For some reason some games derek carr doesn't like throwing the ball to him. A player with his talent should never have a game where he is targeted 3 times or less.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Just wild that two seasons ago everyone was talking Carr up as the next great QB, and he did look great, then injury, monster contract, kaput.
Just like they anointed Jay Cutler as the next great qb.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Agreed on this. The games Dak has done well are the ones where he has appeared more confident and gotten the ball out of his hands more quickly, but unfortunately there have only been a couple of those games, and most games he seems more hesitant and waits too long to make a decision. I find myself wondering if he is having trouble making reads or just being overly cautious.