Another season in decline; same franchise built on ignoring the truth

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll root for 'em no matter what and I'll enjoy every PBR I drink whilst watching them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya know, I get the down in the mouth after dropping two in a row but the NFL is a week to week league and last season was a season in decline until it wasn't.

There's a lot of ball to be played and a lot of time to roast them or toast them but this is far from over.

Maybe it's just how I am seeing this but there seems to be much more displeasure now and then at this time last season, even at 3-5. Maybe some should have tempered their expectations and considered this brand new to the job OC was going to be a work in progress.

I think too many put too much on the first 3 games and some others too much on the last 2 games. We're just a little over 25% of the season and we will know a lot more the game after this one than we know right now.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
when will some of you posters stop putting your foot in your mouth? You guys already know the outcome of this season? Just like yall already knew the cowboys would finish 10-6 after going 3-5 right?.. just chill and let the season play out the team is 3-2 and lost to two good teams. too be honest you guys knew there would be a possibility to got 4-1 3-2 the first five games when you first saw the schedule.. right or wrong. getting beat by the packers like that is never a good thing but it might make the team get their **** together

droopdog7

Reaction score
No way the OP wrote this dissertation after the game. Worked on it over the summer and waited until the right time to post it.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
10. The franchise is just broken. Nobody is really the GM. Nobody is really the head coach. Nobody is really the OC or DC. It's this nebulous organizational mob by committee trying to pretend and hype an overrated roster into more than it is. Hope is still the strategy, as it has been for 25 years. They aren't willing to do what really needs to be done. You can see it in Garrett's face. He's a token coach of a token staff led by a Jed Clampett family dynasty. It ain't every gonna change.

:clap:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
It can be hard to look in the mirror. Most people won't. They refuse to. They'll change the way the look, the way they talk, the way they vote, the scene they frequent, the tone they live, but they won't ever look deep into that mirror. Never.

Way too much reality in that reflection.

No doubt Jerry is shattering mirrors in every corner of the The Star today because he's the last to look in one himself. He's gonna sell this turd until the cash register stops ringing. He's an owner looking down the barrel of his own mortality, and he hasn't got the time to reevaluate right now. Twenty-five years of truth he'd rather forget altogether.

Some of us got shunned and guffawed when we had the nerve to mention three weeks ago that we really didn't know anything about this team yet. Those opponents are now a whopping 2-12 on the season. Those three wins meant absolutely nothing. They were the fool's gold of a fool's fool.

The number 10 is a nice round number, so I'll list 10 truths that are hard to hear. But like you, I could list them all day long. The cracks in this veneer are deep and troublesome.

1. How many more winnable games are there after the Jets? You've got the Commanders, and......? Look at the Buffalo and Chicago defenses. The Patriots, Rams, and Eagles twice. The Lions are no joke, nor are the Vikings. The Giants are better than they were the first time. Are there 5 more wins on the schedule? That'd be 8-8, and frankly, that seems a bit optimistic.

2. Let's get Dak out of the way, though he's just the beginning. The guy is simply average. He's inaccurate with any pressure in his face at all. He lacks confidence in himself in games like the last two weeks. If one or two pieces of the offense are missing, he's lost. Both he and Rodgers were under pressure yesterday, but Rodgers just stepped around it and dropped perfect balls everywhere. Dak threw for 0 yards on third down. He was absolutely dreadful when it mattered, just like the week before.

3. The offense is broken because of #2. Good defense simply have ZERO respect for Dallas' passing game. Scott Linehan, Kellen Moore.....doesn't really matter who's calling the plays. Defenses play downhill and aggressive against Dallas to just overwhelm the Cowboys offensive line with numbers. It negates the bevy of talent in the receiving corps. They simply know that this isn't a high-scoring offense against good defenses. They don't fear it whatsoever. And Jerry's about to dump $35 million a year on the QB running it, cementing that truth for the the next several years.

4. Zeke is starting to look like a Dez contract already.

5. So is Lawrence and Jaylon. Cooper and Dak are soon to follow.

6. Joe Thomas and Sean Lee are better than Jaylon and LVE right now. The two young guns are getting owned. Jones tore LVE up yesterday. Both of them just got smashed off the ball and juked out of their shorts. Both were completely lost in coverage. They didn't fill a single gap yesterday. Green Bay ran up the middle at will.

7. The kicker sucks. Still. As does the punter suddenly for no reason.

8. The pass rush looks pedestrian yet again. They provided some pressure yesterday to a degree, but a top tier quarterback was not really bothered. Neither will the others that follow.

9. Xavier looks lost in the back. Heath is playing by himself, and not very good at that because he's the Dak Prescott of the defense. Average at best. The corners are trying to keep up, but the pass rush is selling them out. It's a fire drill.

10. The franchise is just broken. Nobody is really the GM. Nobody is really the head coach. Nobody is really the OC or DC. It's this nebulous organizational mob by committee trying to pretend and hype an overrated roster into more than it is. Hope is still the strategy, as it has been for 25 years. They aren't willing to do what really needs to be done. You can see it in Garrett's face. He's a token coach of a token staff led by a Jed Clampett family dynasty. It ain't every gonna change.

Before you put razor blade to wrist like Johnny Five Angels, keep in mind this team looked done early last year and reeled off a nice string of wins to get into the tourney.

They may not know what really needs to be done.

You either.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
ain't every gonna change.

Yep, we're doomed, DOOMED I TELLS YA'. No use in even trying. I say we sell all our Cowboy gear and become Texan fans. Might as well shut the forum down too.

I swear this forum is full of pathetic losers and a loser is the team you all deserve.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Cool. Throw in the towel then, it's over.
How does it feel for you every year when you delude yourself into thinking this is the year? Tell me when we have the same stupid crap happen over and over again. We're a laughingstock to most fans. I watched the Packers game with friends and they apologized to me. For the team playing so sorry and lifeless for 3 quarters.

I have no control over what the team does. I am not Throwing in the towel. I just can see the team for what it is a prennial pretender.

Trendnet

Reaction score
How does it feel for you every year when you delude yourself into thinking this is the year? Tell me when we have the same stupid crap happen over and over again. We're a laughingstock to most fans. I watched the Packers game with friends and they apologized to me. For the team playing so sorry and lifeless for 3 quarters.

I have no control over what the team does. I am not Throwing in the towel. I just can see the team for what it is a prennial pretender.

Oh, your friends apologized to you.

Poor baby. Want a binky?

How does it feel to be a whiner and complainer all the time. Make you feel better?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Things I have no control over don't live rent free in my head, sorry. I'm a fan. Thick and thin. It's entertainment.

One, if you're friends with Green Bay fans then I question your choice in friends. Who gives a **** what people think?
Two, if you're not throwing in the towel then stop whining and use it to dry your eye.

Lmao, it's week 6 for Christ sake.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It can be hard to look in the mirror. Most people won't. They refuse to. They'll change the way the look, the way they talk, the way they vote, the scene they frequent, the tone they live, but they won't ever look deep into that mirror. Never.

Way too much reality in that reflection.

No doubt Jerry is shattering mirrors in every corner of the The Star today because he's the last to look in one himself. He's gonna sell this turd until the cash register stops ringing. He's an owner looking down the barrel of his own mortality, and he hasn't got the time to reevaluate right now. Twenty-five years of truth he'd rather forget altogether.

Some of us got shunned and guffawed when we had the nerve to mention three weeks ago that we really didn't know anything about this team yet. Those opponents are now a whopping 2-12 on the season. Those three wins meant absolutely nothing. They were the fool's gold of a fool's fool.

The number 10 is a nice round number, so I'll list 10 truths that are hard to hear. But like you, I could list them all day long. The cracks in this veneer are deep and troublesome.

1. How many more winnable games are there after the Jets? You've got the Commanders, and......? Look at the Buffalo and Chicago defenses. The Patriots, Rams, and Eagles twice. The Lions are no joke, nor are the Vikings. The Giants are better than they were the first time. Are there 5 more wins on the schedule? That'd be 8-8, and frankly, that seems a bit optimistic.

2. Let's get Dak out of the way, though he's just the beginning. The guy is simply average. He's inaccurate with any pressure in his face at all. He lacks confidence in himself in games like the last two weeks. If one or two pieces of the offense are missing, he's lost. Both he and Rodgers were under pressure yesterday, but Rodgers just stepped around it and dropped perfect balls everywhere. Dak threw for 0 yards on third down. He was absolutely dreadful when it mattered, just like the week before.

3. The offense is broken because of #2. Good defense simply have ZERO respect for Dallas' passing game. Scott Linehan, Kellen Moore.....doesn't really matter who's calling the plays. Defenses play downhill and aggressive against Dallas to just overwhelm the Cowboys offensive line with numbers. It negates the bevy of talent in the receiving corps. They simply know that this isn't a high-scoring offense against good defenses. They don't fear it whatsoever. And Jerry's about to dump $35 million a year on the QB running it, cementing that truth for the the next several years.

4. Zeke is starting to look like a Dez contract already.

5. So is Lawrence and Jaylon. Cooper and Dak are soon to follow.

6. Joe Thomas and Sean Lee are better than Jaylon and LVE right now. The two young guns are getting owned. Jones tore LVE up yesterday. Both of them just got smashed off the ball and juked out of their shorts. Both were completely lost in coverage. They didn't fill a single gap yesterday. Green Bay ran up the middle at will.

7. The kicker sucks. Still. As does the punter suddenly for no reason.

8. The pass rush looks pedestrian yet again. They provided some pressure yesterday to a degree, but a top tier quarterback was not really bothered. Neither will the others that follow.

9. Xavier looks lost in the back. Heath is playing by himself, and not very good at that because he's the Dak Prescott of the defense. Average at best. The corners are trying to keep up, but the pass rush is selling them out. It's a fire drill.

the sky is falling, the sky is falling :eek:

Johnny23

Reaction score
Things I have no control over don't live rent free in my head, sorry. I'm a fan. Thick and thin. It's entertainment.

One, if you're friends with Green Bay fans then I question your choice in friends. Who gives a **** what people think?
Two, if you're not throwing in the towel then stop whining and use it to dry your eye.

Lmao, it's week 6 for Christ sake.
It is week 6 but it's year 25 of Dallas not winning the Super Bowl.

I am a fan too and the two friends I was with were Seahawks and Broncos fans. There were Cowboys fans I am friends with there.

I don't get enjoyment out of winning the NFC east and being bounced in the playoffs. I also am not someone who ignores this teams flaws and issues.

I am not whining I just have accepted what this team is. Nothing to cry over but I am making like Public Enemy "Don't Believe The Hype"!.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Hard to believe I missed this one all week. A good truthful read. Super Bowl or Bust and this doesn't look like a SB contender.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ya know, I get the down in the mouth after dropping two in a row but the NFL is a week to week league and last season was a season in decline until it wasn't.

There's a lot of ball to be played and a lot of time to roast them or toast them but this is far from over.

Maybe it's just how I am seeing this but there seems to be much more displeasure now and then at this time last season, even at 3-5. Maybe some should have tempered their expectations and considered this brand new to the job OC was going to be a work in progress.

I think too many put too much on the first 3 games and some others too much on the last 2 games. We're just a little over 25% of the season and we will know a lot more the game after this one than we know right now.
Words of wisdom