Another (small) Cowher rumor...

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
i'd actually be all for a college coach this time around. Think about it last time jerry hired a college coach was jimmy johnson. I think its time for him to find another jimmy in the college ranks.

Or put Dave campo as Head Coach let jason walk hire chan gailey for off. coord.
Hire joe avezzano sp coach.

let dat ngyuen be the def. coord next year.

i dont care about bowells or stewart. bowells sucked here under parcells he should of been gone last year.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
satam55;2381769 said:
I would take Jim Haslett over Wade Phillips in a Heart beat!

Haslett was the guy who got canned for doing a crummy job in New Orleans

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
RXP;2381150 said:
Clearly, Florio didn't hear Cowhers criticism of Jerry Jones and how involved he is in the locker room and on the field. He thinks that HC territory, especially on the sidelines.

Had Florio heard this, he wouldn't have written this article.

Cowher and Jones have different philosophies regarding how Jerry is involved in the day to day operations of the Cowboys. And Jerry isn't going to change his ways. Not for Bill Cowher. Not for anybody.

Cowher isn't going to Dallas. End of story.

Just like Parcells wasnt coming to Dallas, and just like TO wasnt coming to Dallas due to the star incident.

I wouldnt write it off so quickly. Do I think it happens? No. But dont write it off so quickly.

MONT17

Reaction score
15 years and the guy won 1 Super Bowl! Get a young and Cowher like coach to head up the D! That's all u can hope for because Red is the next HC and I'm just glad he is a true Dallas Cowboy!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
dbair1967;2382011 said:
Haslett was the guy who got canned for doing a crummy job in New Orleans

I remember. I also remember how his Saints used to kick Cowboys teams' tail, he had Campo's number then AND NOW.

That said, don't want Haslett either.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Red will be named the Head Coach in the offseason, I am 100% convinced that Jerry "promised" him the job if Wade didnt get it done this year.

Red will still run the offense, so he will be like HC/OC, kinda like Andy Reid is in Philly.

As for the DC, anybody other than Stewart would be an upgrade. I would even let Campo have another shot at DC.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It's a shame that Cowher will never be here cause I'm a HUGE fan of him but I just don't see he and Jerry seeing eye to eye on how the coach/owner situation goes.

If they could though...man I'd be pumped because no matter what anyone thinks Cowher is a winner and he knows how to get the most out of the talent he has. In Pittsburgh he had a team that was almost always competitive, made the playoffs a lot, and went to like 6 AFC Championship games and that was with an owner who was cheap, stuck him with piss poor QB play for the vast majority of his career there and would simply let every FA they had walk right out the door in order to save money.

As good as Bill is I have to believe he'd be even better with an owner like Jerry who will spend the cash to field a winner.

But, again, there is no way that I can see them actually getting along so I don't think this will ever be more than a dream.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
RXP;2381150 said:
Clearly, Florio didn't hear Cowhers criticism of Jerry Jones and how involved he is in the locker room and on the field. He thinks that HC territory, especially on the sidelines.

Had Florio heard this, he wouldn't have written this article.

Cowher and Jones have different philosophies regarding how Jerry is involved in the day to day operations of the Cowboys. And Jerry isn't going to change his ways. Not for Bill Cowher. Not for anybody.

Cowher isn't going to Dallas. End of story.

They said the same with Parcells. Parcells criticized Jones in his book. Money has a funny way of changing people's minds. Garrett still is the frontrunner to be the next head coach, but if the defense doesn't step up its game or Jerry can't find a D-Coordinator he's comfortable with, Cowher is still a big possibility.

YAKUZA

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2382949 said:
It's a shame that Cowher will never be here cause I'm a HUGE fan of him

but I just don't see he and Jerry seeing eye to eye on how the coach/owner situation goes.

If they could though...man I'd be pumped because no matter what anyone thinks Cowher is a winner and he knows how to get the most out of the talent he has. In Pittsburgh he had a team that was almost always competitive, made the playoffs a lot, and went to like 6 AFC Championship games and that was with an owner who was cheap, stuck him with piss poor QB play for the vast majority of his career there and would simply let every FA they had walk right out the door in order to save money.

As good as Bill is I have to believe he'd be even better with an owner like Jerry who will spend the cash to field a winner.

But, again, there is no way that I can see them actually getting along so I don't think this will ever be more than a dream.

I couldnt disagree more. The stage is just about set for this to happen.

If that stage is in fact fully "set" (meaning we either miss playoff, go one and done or win won playoff game and then exit) in the near future... THEN Jerry will have no other choice than to get Cowher... he needs someone to get THIS TALENT to a Championship more than he needs to fill his ego. That will be the case soon enough. Otherwise ALL THAT MONEY spent on players over the last couple of years(and this year) PLUS the stadium will have been wasted.

Get ready to be "pumped"... figure around Jan/Feb of 2009.

proline

Reaction score
LILLURCH;2381874 said:
i'd actually be all for a college coach this time around. Think about it last time jerry hired a college coach was jimmy johnson.

Jerry has only batted 0.500 with college coaches. You forgot about Switzer, who rode the coat tails of Jimmy Johnson's work to a Superbowl and then let those coat tails unravel.

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
Didn't jerry get a sb ring out of barry switzer? How long has it been since dalas won a sb? I believe it's under barry. Hmmmm not bad for a college coach huh. wade cant even win under parcells talent but barry could under jimmy's?

Of course jimmy had more talent. Parcells made you all believe he assembled talent here.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
LILLURCH;2381874 said:
i'd actually be all for a college coach this time around. Think about it last time jerry hired a college coach was jimmy johnson. I think its time for him to find another jimmy in the college ranks.

Or put Dave campo as Head Coach let jason walk hire chan gailey for off. coord.
Hire joe avezzano sp coach.

let dat ngyuen be the def. coord next year.

i dont care about bowells or stewart. bowells sucked here under parcells he should of been gone last year.

I thought Switzer was the last college coach Jerruh hired?

As far as Campo being the head coach...no. Just, no. Any man that the players giggle about de-pantsing is NOT going to get the respect due a HC.

proline

Reaction score
LILLURCH;2383385 said:
Didn't jerry get a sb ring out of barry switzer? How long has it been since dalas won a sb? I believe it's under barry. Hmmmm not bad for a college coach huh. wade cant even win under parcells talent but barry could under jimmy's?

Of course jimmy had more talent. Parcells made you all believe he assembled talent here.

First, you forgot about Switzer. Then, you don't even read my post, and then you go on to sing the praises of Switzer???? :rolleyes: 'Nuff said!

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
YoMick;2383243 said:
Jerry will have no other choice than to get Cowher... he needs someone to get THIS TALENT to a Championship more than he needs to fill his ego.

I think you are vastly underestimating Jerry's ego.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Tass;2383488 said:
I think you are vastly underestimating Jerry's ego.

The below scenario is close to becoming a real scenario in Jerry's World.

Jerry's Ego + ZERO playoff wins/SB wins <<< Billion Plus in NEW Stadium + Millions in Player Contract's + getting a HC who can turn the corner