Another Target

Randy White

Reaction score
A couple of years ago, I posted this:

09-11-2004
Randy White

Free Safety
I was at the Hurricanes - 'Noles game last night. Although I'm no fan of either teams ( I'm a Nebraska fan ) one of the very few FSU players that caught my eye for his outstanding play on regular defense AND special teams was this guy:

22-PAT_WATKINS.JPG

PAT WATKINS
Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 210 pounds
Class Year: Jr
Experience: 3V
High School: Lincoln
Hometown: Tallahassee, FL

He was all over the place and the 'Canes couldn't stop him, particularly on special teams. I'd be thrilled if the 'Boys can land this guy in the 2nd round, although I suspect that if he continues to play this way, he'll be a sure fire 1st rounder.

Although Pat wasn't rated anywhere near as high as I thought, I was still happy that the Cowboys got him.

Well, this year there's another target. I went to the FSU/UM game last night at the Orange Bowl. Both defenses played extremelly well and both have big time prospects. UM has a few guys including FS Kenny Philips, QB Kyle Wright ( don't judge him by last night's game, he's alot better and would have shown it if the O-line wasn't so young and FSU's defense wasn't this dominant ) CB Randy Philips, and DT Antonio Dixon, to name a few.

FSU has around the same type of talent, but this guy:

GENO.JPG

Geno Hayes
Linebacker

Height: 6-foot-2
Weight: 215 pounds
Class Year: So
Experience: 1V
Hometown: Greenville, FL
High School: Madison

is best of them all, imo. To say he was all over the field last night is a huge understatement. I haven't seen the stats but it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up with 12 tackles, most of them for loses. I didn't see him miss one. He has incredible speed, excellent instints, and outstanding persuit. Although I doubt he'll be playing LB at the next level, he's only 215 lbs, I think he'd be an impact player at the SS or FS position.

The only problem I see is that we already have two pretty good players at those positions ( I hope PAT is set there for the next 10 years and Roy, well, is ROY ), Geno has the ability to become a special player at the next level.

:star:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He'll probably be a weakside LB in a 4-3 in the nfl. In a couple of years he should be 235 easily.

Randy White

Reaction score
I was thinking another Derrick Brooks, but I was kind of hoping he'd be playing for Dallas somehow, which is why I suggested FS or SS. Another Donnie Edwards is also a good example.