Another Team Laps Jerry

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Not defending Dak but I'm not quite understanding the "Burrow did something Dak hasn't done" logic.

You mean the Heisman winner and National Champion who went number one overall?

He's supposed to be pretty darn good.

I also don't understand the "not Jerry's fault, it's Dak's fault" crowd.

Jerry has insisted on playing GM and this team hasn't sniffed a Super Bowl for 26 years. We are 4-11 in playoff games over that time. Dak has been here 6 years and half of those were playoff years. 1-3 (not great).

Also, didn't Jerry (and his awful family) pay slash sign off on slash endorse Dak as their franchise quarterback?

Dak has his flaws. He needs to improve his ability to read defenses and make progressions. He needs to improve on his midfield to short pass accuracy. Jerry needs to hire a coach and allow that coach the authority and autonomy to demand Dak improves.

Loso86

Reaction score
Bengals in the conference championship game. What a time to be alive. Another owner/GM with the same executives that they've had for 20+ years.

I'm not even ashamed anymore. I'm amused.
That's fine but how many rungs do they have

Steve007

Reaction score
Not defending Dak but I'm not quite understanding the "Burrow did something Dak hasn't done" logic.

You mean the Heisman winner and National Champion who went number one overall?

He's supposed to be pretty darn good.

I also don't understand the "not Jerry's fault, it's Dak's fault" crowd.

Jerry has insisted on playing GM and this team hasn't sniffed a Super Bowl for 26 years. We are 4-11 in playoff games over that time. Dak has been here 6 years and half of those were playoff years. 1-3 (not great).

Also, didn't Jerry (and his awful family) pay slash sign off on slash endorse Dak as their franchise quarterback?

Dak has his flaws. He needs to improve his ability to read defenses and make progressions. He needs to improve on his midfield to short pass accuracy. Jerry needs to hire a coach and allow that coach the authority and autonomy to demand Dak improves.
Dak is going into his 7th year. He is who he is. At this point they are not going to fix his ability to read defense, make progressions or accuracy. He is getting to a point where his production will drop. The thing he needs to fall back on as he gets older he doesn't have. (reading defense, accuracy) His salary cap hit get bigger and that will affect this team. The window is slamming shut.

Motorola

Reaction score
Bengals in the conference championship game. What a time to be alive. Another owner/GM with the same executives that they've had for 20+ years.

I'm not even ashamed anymore. I'm amused.
Who've would have thought that a team giving up NINE sacks in one game, on any level of football (high school, college, professional) - would still win?

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Did you see Burrow in interview? Confident, knew coverage, attacked. We just have nothing like this overall. It’s all talk
Our QB talks a big game pre game, gives pep/motivational talks pre game, fist bumps everyone pre game, and then proceeds to wet the bed and cry for his teddy bear during the game. Yes.....we have nothing like the new wave of QBs (Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert)......its saddening....

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Forget the bengals. Can we talk about the 49ers making run after run. They are a great organization, and they've played in a tough division all these years.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Just my take on this but I think what some are saying is the JB is in the championship game and Dak has never gotten there in 6 years, is what some are saying on this thread. Now don’t shoot the messenger just trying to read between the lines here.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
They finally got the chance to draft a real QB and didn’t blow it. Then drafted his favorite target the next year and put together a defense that can get 9 sacks in a playoff game. Give me that combo anytime in a playoff game!