Another Tyron Smith fan

dantheman41

Reaction score
Former bears director of college scouting was just on nfl network and said Matt Kalil is good, not great. Said Tyron Smith and Joe Thomas were both better prospects coming out with more talent

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
we were very fortunate to get Tyron at #9. Usually guys like him go top 3-5...

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
dantheman41;4510675 said:
Former bears director of college scouting was just on nfl network and said Matt Kalil is good, not great. Said Tyron Smith and Joe Thomas were both better prospects coming out with more talent

Umm...somebody correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Matt Kalil BEAT OUT Smith at his position at USC and they moved Tyron to the other side.

From everything I've heard, Kalil is projected to be an Orlando Pace kind of 15 year stud.

Much like Smith could be I might add.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The 1st time I ever watched USC play 2 seasons ago Tyron just jumped off the screen.

I've never seen a tackle with that kind of ability to get into space. He is a very high motor guy.

Not saying Kalil isn't better but he never jumped off the screen like Tyron did to me.

Of course Tyron was like 285 in College too. He looked like Marty B out there.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
One of Jerry's best picks since Ware. You build your house from the ground up, not the other way around.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
DandyDon1722;4510695 said:
Umm...somebody correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Matt Kalil BEAT OUT Smith at his position at USC and they moved Tyron to the other side.

From everything I've heard, Kalil is projected to be an Orlando Pace kind of 15 year stud.

Much like Smith could be I might add.

Smith actually started his career at USC at RT b/c they had Charles Brown locked in at LT

when Brown left for the draft they replaced him with Kalil and kept Smith at RT for continuity.

they believed either guy could be great at either position

Bluestang

Reaction score
Dcowboy84;4510727 said:
Smith actually started his career at USC at RT b/c they had Charles Brown locked in at LT

when Brown left for the draft they replaced him with Kalil and kept Smith at RT for continuity.

they believed either guy could be great at either position

This is correct.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Clove;4510706 said:
One of Jerry's best picks since Ware. You build your house from the ground up, not the other way around.
You got that right.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Clove;4510706 said:

And just to think, the dude just turned old enough to drink a beer this year.

:laugh2:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The scary thing is that this kid is still growing.

300+ lbs of muscle

441092_display_image.jpg

Eskimo

Reaction score
The thing I love about Tyron is you get elite:

Youth - youngest player in the NFL last year

Size - you can't teach arm length, height or hand size and he is off the chart

Muscle - this kid is lean at 310 pounds and is just a block of lean muscle and core strength

Feet - you can practice foot movement and knee bend but either you have it or you don't and he has it in spades

Movement - he can play on the move and most players his size miss when running but he is a heat-seeking missile out there on the move. Sometimes he blocks two guys on one play on the edge - knocks one down and moves on and knocks the next guy down.

Work ethic - this kid is a crown jewel here. He loves to work hard and he wants to be great. While other guys were training for the draft he was working in his family's business cleaning houses. That is work ethic, character, humility and family values.

We hit a homerun here. Jerry needs to extend him just after the start of the 2013 season and make sure he is a Cowboy for the next 10 years.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I disagree. Kalil is a legitimate blue chip top 5 overall LT prospect. Tyron is just better. He's a freak. The DeMarcus Ware of our offense. Watch and see.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Eskimo;4510968 said:
The thing I love about Tyron is you get elite:

Youth - youngest player in the NFL last year

Size - you can't teach arm length, height or hand size and he is off the chart

Muscle - this kid is lean at 310 pounds and is just a block of lean muscle and core strength

Feet - you can practice foot movement and knee bend but either you have it or you don't and he has it in spades

Movement - he can play on the move and most players his size miss when running but he is a heat-seeking missile out there on the move. Sometimes he blocks two guys on one play on the edge - knocks one down and moves on and knocks the next guy down.

Work ethic - this kid is a crown jewel here. He loves to work hard and he wants to be great. While other guys were training for the draft he was working in his family's business cleaning houses. That is work ethic, character, humility and family values.

We hit a homerun here. Jerry needs to extend him just after the start of the 2013 season and make sure he is a Cowboy for the next 10 years.

QFT

I sort of see that same desire and work ethic in DeMarco Murray from last year. He looks determined. He don't smile much during a game. He looks intense.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Risen Star;4510970 said:
Well I disagree. Kalil is a legitimate blue chip top 5 overall LT prospect. Tyron is just better. He's a freak. The DeMarcus Ware of our offense. Watch and see.

Agreed... if he stays healthy and on his current path, he'll be mentioned among the Anthony Munoz, John Hannah, Jackie Slater, Larry Allen's of the world when his career is done...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
CyberB0b;4510901 said:
The scary thing is that this kid is still growing.

300+ lbs of muscle

How many six-packs do you see on OL in the NFL... kid's a freak...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Risen Star;4510970 said:
I think he'll be the team's best player in a couple of years....unless we get real lucky in the draft between now and then.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue;4511015 said:
Agreed... if he stays healthy and on his current path, he'll be mentioned among the Anthony Munoz, John Hannah, Jackie Slater, Larry Allen's of the world when his career is done...

I feel like a homer saying it, Trick. But this guy is the real deal. What he did at 20 years old was historic, IMO. It's scary to think about a 25 year old Tyron Smith.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
trickblue;4511018 said:
How many six-packs do you see on OL in the NFL... kid's a freak...

And, just to think? The Cowboys have a coach that will make him ever better. The other players are going to come out strong also..

That's what I'm looking for...

;)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DFWJC;4511021 said:
I think he'll be the team's best player in a couple of years....unless we get real lucky in the draft between now and then.

Hey may be the best player on our team the 2nd half of this season. I figure he takes a month or two to adjust to the left side and then look out.