Anthony Scott Otero (1965-2011)

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Rest In Peace Dad I love and miss you

I've never mentioned my Father during my time on this board, but he's the reason I have such a passion for the Cowboys.

ba3ab7f6-8dd8-430f-aef7-fd255046be48.jpg

Anthony Scott Otero, 46, a resident of Alamogordo, died Wednesday, May 11, 2011, at his home. Anthony (Tony) was born Feb. 1, 1965, in Tularosa. He graduated from Alamogordo High School in 1983 and served in the U.S. Army from 1983 to 1987. Tony worked for many years in the security industry, and was recently employed as a transport driver. Tony was an outgoing and fun loving person who never met a stranger. He did not hesitate to stand up for what he believed in, no matter the circumstance. Tony will be deeply missed by his family and his many friends.

Survivors include three sons, Anthony Jr., of Alamogordo, Aaron and his wife, Leah, of Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany, and Steven, of Alamogordo; two granddaughters, Ariel and Sophia; three brothers, Manuel Otero and his wife, Tina, of Alamogordo, John Otero, of Las Cruces, and Lonnie Richison and his wife, Linda, of San Antonio, Texas; two sisters, Brenda Otero and her companion, George Santa Cruz, of Alamogordo, and Karan Johnson and her husband, Dale, of Atlanta; and his former wife, Sonia Otero, of Albuquerque.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Antonio A. and Edna M. Otero.

A memorial service will be conducted Thursday, May 19, 2011, at 10 a.m. in the Alamogordo Funeral Home with Pastor James Forney officiating.

Visit/Sign Guest Book

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I lost my father in January, so I know what you are going through...

Peace to you and your family and we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers...

RIP Mr. Otero...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gosh, your father was so young.

My condolences to your family.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your father was very young. 46 is way to early. My deepest condolences to your family.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
sorry to hear the horrible news otero.

hang in there my friend.

lane.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3953455 said:
Your father was very young. 46 is way to early. My deepest condolences to your family.
Thank you Big Dog.

lane;3958957 said:
sorry to hear the horrible news otero.

hang in there my friend.

lane.
Thank you Lane.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Really sad news, and such a young man.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your loss...IF you don't mind can you tell me where your Dad was stationed he sorta looks like one of my guys see I knew a guy named Otero sadly as with most of my military companions I only remember their last names. IF he is one of my guys I might have a little something for ya...I would have to go digging in the attic if it is as I might have a picture of him but if it isn't him I would like to know as I have a lung issue and its a bit hard to get around these days.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
damn man sorry to hear about your loss O, you need anyone to shoot the poop with hit me up, I lost my dad when I was 8 i still remember the pain that your going through now

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Zaxor;3961224 said:
sorry to hear about your loss...IF you don't mind can you tell me where your Dad was stationed he sorta looks like one of my guys see I knew a guy named Otero sadly as with most of my military companions I only remember their last names. IF he is one of my guys I might have a little something for ya...I would have to go digging in the attic if it is as I might have a picture of him but if it isn't him I would like to know as I have a lung issue and its a bit hard to get around these days.
He was stationed at Ft. Carson, Colorado. 4th Infantry Division. He also did reforger in Baumholder, Germany.

Sorry, for replying so late, I only saw your post a few minutes ago

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Condolences, Otero.
Do the hard work, and take good care of your family. What you're going through is brutal.