Anthony Spencer VS Jarvis Moss in 2007

Reaction score
Okay now that Dallas has chosen Anthony Spencer. Who will contribute more him or Jarvis Moss? Meaning sacks, forced fumbles, QB pressures etc..

Spencer is a better tackler and more of a complete DE/OLB. Let the opinions roll... Please don't let your Cowboys bias cloud your assessment..:thumbup:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Even Kiper says that Spencer is the most ready to play and had predicted him to be DROY. Moss is the rawest of the first round pass rushers. It could take him a little longer to develop.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
I was saying this about a month ago, but I think that Moss has the chance to be one of the top overall players from this draft, provided he
A) hits the wieght room now until he gains 20 lbs muscle
B) goes to a team that will coach him up.
C)works his butt off.

If he gets stronger, this guy has a chance to be insane. As of yet, I really think he is really raw as kiper says, and frankly weak by DE standards.

So I say Spencer is ready nowand is better now, and the jury is out IMO on who will end up with the better career.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
speedkilz88;1484467 said:
Even Kiper says that Spencer is the most ready to play and had predicted him to be DROY. Moss is the rawest of the first round pass rushers. It could take him a little longer to develop.

Seems a little assinine to me to predict that the 26th player taken in a draft that supposedly only featured 17 blue chippers (the talking heads were on that all week leading up to the draft) and didn't slide is going to be up for any honors.

Not saying he won't, just saying that seems like Kiper doing some of his patented claiming something about several different players, backtrack a few times, and when the time comes you've got to be right because you've named everyone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Spencer, but if he were that good....he wouldn't have been picked at 26.

Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy;1484487 said:
Seems a little assinine to me to predict that the 26th player taken in a draft that supposedly only featured 17 blue chippers (the talking heads were on that all week leading up to the draft) and didn't slide is going to be up for any honors.

Not saying he won't, just saying that seems like Kiper doing some of his patented claiming something about several different players, backtrack a few times, and when the time comes you've got to be right because you've named everyone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Spencer, but if he were that good....he wouldn't have been picked at 26.

Everyone values players differently, Jerry Jones said Dallas had Spencer as the 15th best prospect in the draft, it's all the individual and his determination I believe.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Moss had a great surrounding cast.

Spencer earned everything he got... teams even ran away from him and he still had boatloads of tackles including TFLs.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
OH and by the way...

To continue my homerism, I believe a better thread would have been Woodley vs Spencer.

Woodley might be the biggest steal of the draft.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy;1484493 said:
oh, and is this going to be the 07/08 version of the Ware/Merriman debate?

See above post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That has a better shot.

We didnt have the chance to select Moss, we could have had Jarret or Meachem AND Woodley.

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy;1484493 said:
oh, and is this going to be the 07/08 version of the Ware/Merriman debate?
No, we didn't pass on Moss to take Spencer.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I really like Spencer. I really like Moss. I have no idea. I think Spencer will be better initially. If Moss catches up then I don't think it will reflect badly on Spencer who I expect to do very well. People still don't seem to get it across that Moss could not walk at times when still ill. I forget the timeline but I think it was the early summer of 05 he got back in the weight room for real. He's way behind Spencer who is one of the strongest players coming out. They both should do very well.

Reaction score
smarta5150;1484502 said:
OH and by the way...

To continue my homerism, I believe a better thread would have been Woodley vs Spencer.

Woodley might be the biggest steal of the draft.

Yeah I believe Woodley will do well but I just think Spencer and Moss are better prospects really.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
smarta5150;1484504 said:
See above post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That has a better shot.

We didnt have the chance to select Moss, we could have had Jarret or Meachem AND Woodley.

BUT with the trade we made we could have Spencer AND Mario Manningham lol

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I am bias.....therefore, it will be Spencer just like Kiper said it would

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1484526 said:
Yeah I believe Woodley will do well but I just think Spencer and Moss are better prospects really.

Woodley actually had better statistics based on averages than Spencer, in both sacks and TFLs.

What people don't realize is that Purdue's opponents ran much more than Michigan opponents giving more chances at TFLs. You might say than that Woodley had more chances at sacks but that is incorrect. Reasons for this could be TOP by Michigan's offense.

But once again teams are going on the combine numbers to forecast the future :rolleyes:

I have been trying to dig up my old post where I compared the two but I cant find it... Theo did it more recently but I cant find that either (stupid search tool, probably my fault).

Should be interesting debates though this year between the two and my boy :D

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
masomenos85;1484534 said:
BUT with the trade we made we could have Spencer AND Mario Manningham lol

omg your right... 189t540682098890t43 times better :bow:

;)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy;1484487 said:

You cant quote what the talking heads are saying and then say that a particualr talking head is wrong. just doesnt make sense.