Anthony Spencer - Weak Side Linebacker

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1479916 said:
Spencer is good and strong enough against the run, he's fine at SOLB

Good point

One thing people say about Spencer is that he is very good against the run, that his strenghts at rushing the passer my even be suprassed as a run stopper.

lets put him on the tight end and give him some safety help in coverage.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
outthedoorbill;1480520 said:
pundits like mike mayock were saying spencer graded out better than ware at the combine in the strength drills. mayock also said he had the best first step of any passrusher in the draft. a little strength coaching from joe j and he'll be fine.
Spencer's 10-yard split is faster than Ware's. Spencer can bench press much more than Ware.

But I don't really think he's quite the prospect Ware was.

MiStar

Reaction score
Ware was a slightly better overall athlete - taller, faster, and more fluid. Spencer has the better skillset to be an attack DE/OLB. Spencer has the technique and instinct to get the most out of his athleticism, while Ware initially got by purely on athleticism. In his rookie season Ware got allmost all of his sacks by beating slow footed tackles around the edge, or simply overpowering them. Spencer has a more complete aresenal of passrushing moves to compliment his exceptional burst off the line of scrimmage, but lacks the hip flexibility to stay with TE's in man-to-man coveragge.

jbsg02

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been posted before, but I just came across this.

Last year alone, Spencer had 26.5 tackles for loss! Incredible! As well as 10.5 sacks.

Tackles for loss compared to other top prospects...

Gaines Adams - 17.5
Jamaal Anderson - 19.5
Adam Carriker - 16
Jarvis Moss - 11
Quentin Moses - 12
Lawerence Timmons - 18
Poz - 9.5

What this tells me is that he must be pretty stout against the run. Since 10.5 of those were sacks, thats 16 that aren't. Pretty Impressive!