Antonio Brown/ WR=return spec. Anyone know him?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Antonio Brown/WR-RS/Central Michigan: He could be one of the best-kept secrets in the nation. Brown has been an all-conference performer since his freshman season and he led the nation last year with a punt return average of 20.5-yards. He's totaled 90-plus receptions in each of the past two seasons and is likely to break that barrier again this year. A dynamic performer with the makings of a top-100 pick.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/11/23/risers.sliders/#ixzz0XufSVsMU
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3100834 said:
Antonio Brown/WR-RS/Central Michigan: He could be one of the best-kept secrets in the nation. Brown has been an all-conference performer since his freshman season and he led the nation last year with a punt return average of 20.5-yards. He's totaled 90-plus receptions in each of the past two seasons and is likely to break that barrier again this year. A dynamic performer with the makings of a top-100 pick.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/11/23/risers.sliders/#ixzz0XufSVsMU
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

I did find this;
Name: Antonio Brown
College: Central Michigan Number: 27
Height: 5-10 Weight: 182
Position: WR Pos2: KR
Class/Draft Year: Jr/2011
40 Time: 4.42 40 Low: 4.36 40 High: 4.49
Projected Round: 4 Stock:
Rated number 16 out of 373 WR's 121 / 2472 TOTAL

Combine Results Pro Day Results
Combine Invite:
Height: 5096
Weight: 182
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
Draft Scout Antonio Brown News
11/11/09 - SCOUTING THE OFFENSE: The Chippewas lead the conference in scoring at 30.6 points a game. Toledo's defense allows 37.4 points a game. The Chippewas will score points, thus eliminating mistakes is crucial. The Chippewas rank fifth in the country in fumbles lost. PLAYERS TO WATCH: WR Antonio Brown - A dynamic playmaker, Brown left the Boston College game with an injury. The Chippewas need a healthy Brown for the final month. Brown is expected to play.

10/12/09 - MAC WEST DIVISION WEEK 6 SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Central Michigan KR Antonio Brown had a 75-yard punt return for a touchdown in the second quarter as Central Michigan rolled to a 56-8 win over Eastern Michigan. The 75-yard punt return matched his career long. Brown added one kickoff return for 28 yards. - MAC football

10/12/09 - GAME BALL GOES TO: WR Antonio Brown - On an afternoon filled with touchdowns, Brown stole the show with two long scores vs. Eastern Michigan. Brown opened the scoring with a 70-yard touchdown catch and added a 75-yard punt return for a touchdown late in the first half.

10/08/09 - THIS WEEK'S GAME: Eastern Michigan at Central Michigan, Oct. 10 - The Eagles have dominated the series with four victories in the last five games. Eastern Michigan claimed a victory in its last two trips to CMU. KEYS TO THE GAME: The Chippewas don't want the Eagles to gain any confidence. A fast start by the offense and physical play by the defense is a good message to send to the winless Eagles. PLAYERS TO WATCH: KR Antonio Brown usually comes up big against teams with substandard coverage units.

10/02/09 - PLAYERS TO WATCH: WR Antonio Brown is one of 13 CMU players to catch a pass this season, including quarterback Dan LeFevour. Brown is putting up big numbers, leading the Chippewas with 28 receptions for 215 yards.

The Realist

Reaction score
I am a huge Antonio Brown fan.

I personally don't think we need to do much at the WR position, but if we did he is a perfect fit for what we need.

If our depth chart is Roy, Austin, Crayton, Ogletree........

Let Hurd walk in FA.

AB could come in and compete for #4 spot with Ogletree........

And still be a lights out PR/KR guy.

The only WR's I have really been looking at are returners like Shipley, Ford, etc....

This guy is the total package compared to those guys all things considered (age, injury, does both pr/kr exceptionally well).

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
The Realist;3100863 said:
I am a huge Antonio Brown fan.

I personally don't think we need to do much at the WR position, but if we did he is a perfect fit for what we need.

If our depth chart is Roy, Austin, Crayton, Ogletree........

Let Hurd walk in FA.

AB could come in and compete for #4 spot with Ogletree........

And still be a lights out PR/KR guy.

The only WR's I have really been looking at are returners like Shipley, Ford, etc....

This guy is the total package compared to those guys all things considered (age, injury, does both pr/kr exceptionally well).

thanks for the info; super