Antony Davis Declares

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
http://www.app.com/article/20091222...is-leaves-Rutgers-for--lifelong-dream--in-NFL

The 20-year old Davis, who won't turn 21 until a month into his rookie NFL season, said he will begin the process of hiring an agent "soon," and then decide where he will train to prepare for the NFL Draft Combine in late February.

Anthony's going to do very well at the Combine," Rutgers coach Greg Schiano said. "He's so athletic for anybody, forget big or small. But then throw in the fact that he's 320 pounds — he's an incredible athlete

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Davis immediately moves to near the top of my draft board, along with Mike Iupati and Earl Thomas (if he declares)... if any one of them are on the board when the Boys' first pick rolls around, grab them...

If the influx of junior talent continues, one of them should be... but if not, then I'd trade down a few picks (no lower than 40th overall), look to add another early pick, then target OT Bruce Campbell from Maryland, OT Jason Fox from Miami, OG Jon Asamoah from Illinois, C Maurkice Pouncey from Florida (who is likely to declare for the draft)...

Yeah, I want OL with the first pick, but I'd take Thomas at safety in a heartbeat... if the Boys went that way, then I'd definitely target OL in the second-- OT Gabe Carimi from Wisconsin if he comes out, OT Kyle Calloway from Iowa would be my top choices...

Or if the Boys went OL in the first, then I'd target WR Jordan Shipley from Texas, WR Jacoby Ford from Clemson, RB Toby Gerhart from Stanford (if he declares; I'd make Marion Barber trade bait in that case), or perhaps DT Lamarr Houston from Texas (a shorter Jay Ratliff, very active)... I'd like to get a quick slot-type receiver to complement the big receivers the Boys currently have in abundance (Kevin Ogletree might fit that bill, though)...

In the third, my targets would be S Robert Johnson from Utah, a big play waiting to happen... or CB Akwasi Owasu-Ansah from Indiana (Pa), a big corner who might project to FS... or OG Vladimir Ducasse from Massachussets, or OG Mitch Petrus from Arkansas... I'd like to grab a DB in the third if the Boys weren't able to draft Thomas in the first...

Then in the fourth, I'm thinking huge OT/OG Chris Scott from Tennessee, OT Jared Veldheer from Hillsdale (great computer numbers, but his level of competition scares me), 3-4 DE Alex Carrington from Arkansas State, WR Taylor Price from Ohio or OT Adam Ulatoski from Texas...

Anthony Davis in the first, Jordan Shipley in the second, Robert Johnson in the third and Chris Scott in the fourth would be a great draft, IMO... then maybe C Erik Cook from New Mexico in the sixth and K Hunter Lawrence from Texas in the seventh...

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
1 OT Anthony Davis*, Rutgers Height: 6-6. Weight: 330

2 CB Kyle Wilson, Boise State Height: 5-10. Weight: 187.
or WR Golden Tate ND Height: 5-11. Weight: 195.

3 FS Robert Johnson, Utah Height: 6-3. Weight: 193
ISLB Daryl Washington, TCU Height: 6-3. Weight: 228 --3- 4rd

4 NT Boo Robinson, Wake Forest Height: 6-2. Weight: 300

6 DT Corey Peters, Kentucky Height: 6-3. Weight: 295

7 C/G Eric Cook 6-6 #315 -
He’s a versatile lineman that can earn a roster with his ability to play all five spots on the line.

AND PICK UP THIS GUY AS A PR – KR Emmanuel Sanders, SMU
Height: 6-1. Weight: 176.
Projected 40 Time: 4.40.
Projected Round (2010): 7-FA

I think if we can't get Davis we trade down like Silver says and pick up
OT Fox
or
OG Asamoah

because we don't know what they have planned for Brewster maybe hes our C/G I don't think he will play at RT

VACowboy

Reaction score
What do y'all think about Ciron Black?

If Taylor Mays keeps sliding...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Oh what I would give to have two 1sts and two 2nds.....especially if it meant we could get

1 FS Earl Thomas - UT
1 OT Anthony Davis - Rutgers
2 OG Mike Iupati - Idaho
2 CB Parrish Cox - Okie St
3 DL Lamarr Houston - UT

I love the 2010 draft........so many quality prospects and unfortunately, we have only 6 picks to play with.

RS12

Reaction score
Davis immediately moves to near the top of my draft board, along with Mike Iupati and Earl Thomas (if he declares)... if any one of them are on the board when the Boys' first pick rolls around, grab them...

Only one who will be there when Dallas drafts is Iupati. Other two will need a trade up.

jcollins28

Reaction score
I'm I the only one concerned about this kids attitude? He appears to be lazy and lacks some self control. He has been suspended a few times for weight issue's and attitude problems. No reason for a guy like that to have weight issue's if he had some self control. I could be wrong about the kid though but those are enough red flags for me to look at least a little bit closer before pulling the trigger on him.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;3172193 said:
Oh what I would give to have two 1sts and two 2nds.....especially if it meant we could get

1 FS Earl Thomas - UT
1 OT Anthony Davis - Rutgers
2 OG Mike Iupati - Idaho
2 CB Parrish Cox - Okie St
3 DL Lamarr Houston - UT

I love the 2010 draft........so many quality prospects and unfortunately, we have only 6 picks to play with.

It's a possibility that we have a 2 1sts and 2 2nd rounders.

Marty B and a 3rd traded for Bengals 1st . seeya Marty!

2011 first traded for high 2010 2nd rounder.

1st-Earl Thomas
1st-Anthony Davis
2nd-Mike Iupati
2nd-Terrance Cody

I would creme my pants..

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
jcollins28;3172459 said:
I'm I the only one concerned about this kids attitude? He appears to be lazy and lacks some self control. He has been suspended a few times for weight issue's and attitude problems. No reason for a guy like that to have weight issue's if he had some self control. I could be wrong about the kid though but those are enough red flags for me to look at least a little bit closer before pulling the trigger on him.

I dont know of one Rutgers player not giving it their all and playing as well as their talent level would indicate.

Davis has a mean streak and is prideful about protecting the QB. Hed do w/e to keep Umenyiora, Cole, Carter etc. off the franchise

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
jcollins28;3172459 said:

got a link ?

Rutgers coach Greg Schiano said

"He's so athletic for anybody, forget big or small. But then throw in the fact that he's 320 pounds — he's an incredible athlete"

I never heard of any problems ????????

silverbear

Reaction score
VACowboy;3172099 said:
What do y'all think about Ciron Black?

If Taylor Mays keeps sliding...

He doesn't seem to be real mobile to me...

silverbear

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3172387 said:
Silverbear

Gerald McCoy moved to the top of my wishlist

we need a 3-4 end

Actually, we probably don't... with no cap, Marcus Spears will be a restricted free agent, and the Boys will almost certainly keep him... I don't know if they'll even want to keep Jason Hatcher, I wouldn't (he has been all but invisible the last 2 years)...

But Bowen is an adequate backup, and they still have Marcus Dixon on the practice squad...

I say draft a 3-4 DE later in the draft, if a decent one is on the board, but I don't see DE as a high priority this time around...

That said, I like McCoy as a player...

silverbear

Reaction score
RS12;3172449 said:
Only one who will be there when Dallas drafts is Iupati. Other two will need a trade up.

Depends on how far the Boys go in the playoffs, and how many underclassmen end up declaring...

But I'd be shickled titless is Iupati was still on the board, I think he's gonna wind up a Pro Bowl OG before it's all said and done...

silverbear

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3172547 said:
It's a possibility that we have a 2 1sts and 2 2nd rounders.

Marty B and a 3rd traded for Bengals 1st . seeya Marty!

2011 first traded for high 2010 2nd rounder.

1st-Earl Thomas
1st-Anthony Davis
2nd-Mike Iupati
2nd-Terrance Cody

I would creme my pants..

Ain't no way Iupati makes it to the second round, and Cody will be gone by the mid-second... it's a nice dream, though...

But let's dream a little more, and trade Marion Barber for a second rounder, then instead of Cody, package the two later second rounders to move up to grab Toby Gerhart... I swear, that guy's the second coming of John Riggins, and he and Felix would make a dynamic Thunder and Lightning combination...

Thomas, Davis, Iupati and Gerhart... make it happen... LOL...

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
silverbear;3171970 said:

Give me Iupati. No way imo Earl Thomas (if he declares) last into the mid 20s.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'd be cool with Davis, but I don't like playing a college guard at LT. Maybe RT, but not LT, and definately not his rookie season.