Antony Davis Declares

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3173269 said:
I'd be cool with Davis, but I don't like playing a college guard at LT. Maybe RT, but not LT, and definately not his rookie season.

He played LT for the last 2 years. Started at G his fresh year

The Realist

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3172734 said:
got a link ?

Rutgers coach Greg Schiano said

"He's so athletic for anybody, forget big or small. But then throw in the fact that he's 320 pounds — he's an incredible athlete"

I never heard of any problems ????????

His weight issues are well documented.

He won't be around when we pick in one and I'm glad.

We have no need for him and you can get the same guy later in the draft.

"But Davis will have some explaining to do to NFL personnel. Davis, the second-highest rated recruit in school history behind Irvington’s Nate Robinson (who eventually transferred to Akron), was ranked the No. 68 player overall nationally by Rivals.com. He arrived at Rutgers at 368 pounds as a freshman, and had to lose nearly 40 pounds to earn a starting job then.

As a sophomore in 2008, he was suspended from the Morgan State game for violating team policy, and this summer he was demoted to second team for six days in preseason camp for being overweight."

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2009/12/rutgers_lt_anthony_davis.html

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Wow, a 17-19 year old kid was 30 lbs. overweight and was late for a team dinner.

Not getting this guy would haunt us for years

The Realist

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3178372 said:
Wow, a 17-19 year old kid was 30 lbs. overweight and was late for a team dinner.

Not getting this guy would haunt us for years

This team is playing as well as it ever has with Flo and Free.

I'm sure it will play just as well with Free/Colombo as starters next year.

Then we can easily find Colombo's replacement 2-4.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Well Free can play both and may be a starting LT. Davis can play 4 spots.

If Free does work out you start Davis wherever theres a squeaky wheel.

If Free doesnt work out you plug Davis in a LT, Free at RT, and Brewsters your young G of the future.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3178830 said:
Well Free can play both and may be a starting LT. Davis can play 4 spots.

If Free does work out you start Davis wherever theres a squeaky wheel.

If Free doesnt work out you plug Davis in a LT, Free at RT, and Brewsters your young G of the future.

EXACTLY

We need the eventual replacement for Flo

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
The Realist;3178264 said:
His weight issues are well documented.

He won't be around when we pick in one and I'm glad.

We have no need for him and you can get the same guy later in the draft.

"But Davis will have some explaining to do to NFL personnel. Davis, the second-highest rated recruit in school history behind Irvington’s Nate Robinson (who eventually transferred to Akron), was ranked the No. 68 player overall nationally by Rivals.com. He arrived at Rutgers at 368 pounds as a freshman, and had to lose nearly 40 pounds to earn a starting job then.

As a sophomore in 2008, he was suspended from the Morgan State game for violating team policy, and this summer he was demoted to second team for six days in preseason camp for being overweight."

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2009/12/rutgers_lt_anthony_davis.html

I agree. Not only is he undisciplined off the field, but he has played like crap this season. May be a crazy athlete for his size but his attitude sucks, and the Cowboys don't need anymore headcases and me-first players.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
BAT;3180273 said:
I agree. Not only is he undisciplined off the field, but he has played like crap this season. May be a crazy athlete for his size but his attitude sucks, and the Cowboys don't need anymore headcases and me-first players.

lolwut