News: Antwaun Woods and Trysten Hill sent home from practice on Tuesday for being late for meeting

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeh of course Garrett is going to send JAGs like Hill and Woods back home instead of appropriately fining them or have them run extra laps, instead of them being in the film room, and absorbed
into the game plan, - if that were Dlaw and Quinn showing late to practice, would they have received the same send home message ? :rolleyes:
How do we know they aren't being fined?

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Wonder if they got docked any pay? I would fine them if I were the head coach.

Guess that's why I am not the head coach. lol
Don't be so sure they weren't fined. Rules for fines are set in the CBA. Sometimes teams publicize them (they "leak out" somehow), most of the time they don't.

cowboygo

Reaction score
That dline room has had more disciplinary issues, more arrests, more suspensions, more busts than any other part of this team. It took Ware leaving these clowns to win a title. Can't wait till this entire staff is gone and we get rid of the scouts responsible for this.
but but I thought Marinelli brought out the best out of players.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a dumb comment. Do you have this low an opinion on these guys for any reason other than you're a troll?

Uh, nobody likes these guys b/c they suck. Tristy is a healthy scratch most games and when he does get in there he's been terrible.

cowboygo

Reaction score
C'mon Tyrsten...I might be the only person left on this board that thinks you were the right pick. Don't make me look like even more of a fool on this board!
It'll probably take a couple of years for the staff to "trust" him and play him. We baby defensive rookies all the time. If there isn't an injury, these kids sit on the bench at least a year, usually 2.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
This could just be a case of a guy getting a flat tire or something. Let's not immediately call them problems.
If that were the case wouldn't you just call the coach and tell em what happed and that you'll get there as soon as you can. Doubt they would get sent home for that.

But if you don't call then it looks like just an excuse.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
You're not supposed to judge a book by its cover but...

just listening to Hill speak after we drafted him I could tell he wasn't about this life.

I'm like 95% sure we got another Taco on our hands.
We got lucky with another 4sacks-in-5-game typos of player? Redemption!!!We better not screw the pooch in this one!!!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Based on what Antonio Brown and Bell got away with at Pgh, I doubt Mike Tomlin would have sent them home.
I am not a Garrett fan, but kudos to him for sending them home (assuming they didn't have a legitimate excuse).

I would be surprised if Hill is active on Monday. Hill is still in the first impression stage, so he really needs to get it together quickly.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
C'mon Tyrsten...I might be the only person left on this board that thinks you were the right pick. Don't make me look like even more of a fool on this board!
Hey slick, too early to give up on him and you don't look like a fool. Some players take longer to acclimate and they knew going in he would be somewhat of a project. However, he seems to be a pet project of Marinelli's and if he leaves after this season, don't know Hill's future with the Cowboys.

Posters that didn't want him are quick to call bust on him and we saw that happen with Byron Jones and I may have been premature on Charleton because I didn't want him with that pick.

But, any player already causing concern as a wasted 2nd round pick has to show up to work on time, if not early and show some initiative. Poorly played for a kid with a problem coaching history, real or not.

ksadler1

Reaction score
??? So you show up to late for work. And your boss rewards you by giving you the rest of the paid day off. I would fine the crap out of them.

I'd punish the rest of the team for it. Make everyone run extra sprints or laps after practice.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
We are all, so, so, different. I would do anything to be issued a spot on the team and these jerks are late? Seriously?

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
You're not supposed to judge a book by its cover but...

just listening to Hill speak after we drafted him I could tell he wasn't about this life.

I'm like 95% sure we got another Taco on our hands.
No, Taco has much more ability.