Antwaun Woods defending the star

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Woods. He's a blue collar tough guy in the middle. Not sure why we tried so hard to replace him in the offseason. He has pride wearing the uniform.

Hardline

Reaction score
JuJu wasn't within 15 yards of the star. How do we know he was running to it?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
As usual the officiating was abysmal. LVE had the Pittsburgh guy yanking on his facemask, not called. Tried to push the guys hand away, didn't hit him, so they flag LVE.

Obvious holding on the last throw on one of the Dallas receivers, not called. Smith barely grazes Ben's face, game changing penalty. Dallas had a pass interference on a Steelers receiver, not called either.

My biggest gripe this game was that after Ben got hurt, Cowboys did not go to a max blitz to try to force him to run, would either hurt the knee more or maybe fumble, or make a bad throw. But no, same 4 man rush nearly all the time.

This team has no killer instinct at all. Where's a Charles Haley, Randy White or Harvey Martin when you need one?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
This actually brings up a larger issue that has been on my mind for a while. Our guys typically play the game correctly in the sense that they don't start altercations after the play is over. When the play is over, they move on. Absolutely how the game should be played.

However, most other teams are doing stuff that should get addressed by the refs but never does. Such holding our guys down, swiping the ball out of their hand when they are trying to get back to official, bumping\jostling into them as they head back to huddle, and hitting \ grabbing like the guy did with LVE yesterday.

We need to send a message to the rest of the league. Since this year doesn't really matter, now is the time to do it. I would have had no issue if LVE had snatched the guy about waist high & slammed him back into the ground. Bottom line is you can't always play by the rules while other teams are continually taking cheap shots. You can convince them it is in their best interest to be sportsmen.

As LACowboys said, we need some guys to be like Haley, White, Martin, Allen, Williams. Show they can & will be enforcers. I have always believed the motto should be "If it wears the Star, you better step far".

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This actually brings up a larger issue that has been on my mind for a while. Our guys typically play the game correctly in the sense that they don't start altercations after the play is over. When the play is over, they move on. Absolutely how the game should be played.

However, most other teams are doing stuff that should get addressed by the refs but never does. Such holding our guys down, swiping the ball out of their hand when they are trying to get back to official, bumping\jostling into them as they head back to huddle, and hitting \ grabbing like the guy did with LVE yesterday.

We need to send a message to the rest of the league. Since this year doesn't really matter, now is the time to do it. I would have had no issue if LVE had snatched the guy about waist high & slammed him back into the ground. Bottom line is you can't always play by the rules while other teams are continually taking cheap shots. You can convince them it is in their best interest to be sportsmen.

As LACowboys said, we need some guys to be like Haley, White, Martin, Allen, Williams. Show they can & will be enforcers. I have always believed the motto should be "If it wears the Star, you better step far".

And like the hit on Dalton, flagged and fined, but no suspension. Anybody think that if a Dallas defender did that to Rodgers or Brees or Brady or Mahomes he'd not be suspended?

Myles smashes a quarterback in the head with his helmet and gets a long suspension, then it's later reduced to a couple of games. It goes on and on....