Any Baylor fans here?

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
I'm impressed with quality and the mens hoops and football team. Is not bad. Is Waco overtaking Austin as a destination for recruits?

terra

Reaction score
I'm impressed with quality and the mens hoops and football team. Is not bad. Is Waco overtaking Austin as a destination for recruits?
got a lot of historical wood to chop; and to be blunt many top recruits will prefer a place like Austin over Waco.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's not about beating the Longhorns or Aggies for recruits - those schools will get their pick of 4-5 star recruits from all over the state. But Baylor can do really well beating out the other schools for the 3-star players with the occasional 4-star and as long as they have good coaching, they can win games.

Baylor has put money into their athletic facilities over the last 10 years. Waco is central to DFW, Austin/SA, and Houston so it is pretty ideal for recruiting.

RaZon

Reaction score
Baylor would win an NCAA fantasy 4x4 relay

Jeremy Wariner
Darold Williamson
Raymond Pierre
Michael Johnson

Second...USC, third UCLA

Blake

Reaction score
Waco is an ugly town. I drive through there alot

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Waco is in an ideal recruiting location but no it doesn't compare to Austin which can draw top recruits from California.

UT has wayyyy too much politicking and nonsense going on that shoots itself in the foot but Chris Beard will win at UT (orange judas to us Tech folks) as he can really coach and recruit. --His offense will make it tough to be dominant but UT should border blueblood success with many sweet sixteens and continual top 20 rankings.

Waco has to get it's infrastructure updated. 35 through Waco is like walking barefoot through broken glass. But central Texas has a ton of appeal otherwise. And it's only an hour south of the southern Dallas hot bed for recruiting. And about 90 minutes from the edge of greater Austin area... --- provided you can actually drive on the highway that day.

Baylor has done a fine job investing in coaches. As a private school they do not have to report salaries but they pay very well and they identify winners. They are likely just a notch below SEC pay and ahead of almost all the remaining B12 schools.

terra

Reaction score
What it takes to have a winning tradition and maintain it is first of all an AD that is really good; and a school that is committed to winning.
IF you have those two, the rest will follow.

Now its easier to be near hot recruiting areas of course.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Baylor fan here. While Baylor has been out recruiting Texas for a number of years now due mainly to their coaching and recent success I wouldn’t say Waco is over taking Austin as a destination .

In football it’s helped them being closer to DFW area which is loaded with high school talent and not much further from Houston than Austin. Texas is still attracting talent from California which is more like the culture there .