Any chance Josh Rosen gets cut?

chrlopez

Reaction score
Rosen will probably be available. IF we don't draft a QB I think he would be a possibility. The problem with him is that 2 teams have already gave up on him and their wouldn't be so much value you could recoup from him. I think what Coach wants to do is get a late 4 or 5 or 6 Round Guy and Build him up and see if in a couple years he can be traded. Or at least be signed away from us and get us a comp pick.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'd definitely take a flier on Rosen with a late-round pick. Yeah, he's bounced around, but it's been largely because of regime changes. He's never had a chance to settle in with a Coach/OC for a couple of years and the teams he was on... eh. The arm talent is definitely there though.

Flamma

Reaction score
Rosen will probably be available. IF we don't draft a QB I think he would be a possibility. The problem with him is that 2 teams have already gave up on him and their wouldn't be so much value you could recoup from him. I think what Coach wants to do is get a late 4 or 5 or 6 Round Guy and Build him up and see if in a couple years he can be traded. Or at least be signed away from us and get us a comp pick.

What I've seen from Rosen didn't look bad to me. The problem is he played on some really bad teams who happened to be in a position to replace him. It's hard to stand out under those circumstances. I think he'd be a good backup.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What I've seen from Rosen didn't look bad to me. The problem is he played on some really bad teams who happened to be in a position to replace him. It's hard to stand out under those circumstances. I think he'd be a good backup.
Talent-wise, he played on the two worst teams of the last two seasons.

He's got a rep for being spoiled. I know him some (before UCLA days) and he's like a lot of other top athletes, very fine line between arrogance and confidence.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think the Patriots might want to poach him since they have cap issues until next season. And his cap hit is negligible. But the Dolphins would be stupid to trade anything that can throw a ball to Belichick.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s the right kind of guy to handicap Dak with. Not a legit threatening move, but young and talented enough that he might play well with all the toys we now have on offense, so you don’t want to be the one to give him a shot in the spotlight.

csirl

Reaction score
We should offer a couple of 2021 draft picks for him. Worth the price even if he's only a serviceable number 2 QB.

In Arizona he performed better than 2 veteran starters under the same conditions. This tells me his floor is high enough to belong on a NFL roster long term.

At his age, and with his talent, there is a lot of potential there.

Someone mention Patriots interest. He is an ideal fit for them. Front office needs to get on this now or else we"ll be too late.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 years in a row Josh Rosens's team drafts a qb, poor guy. has not really gotten a decent chance

I'd love him as a back up qb, at least of he costs nothing

Rosen told some media people "Even if I never play a game for the Dolphins, I love the experience of being on the team with Brian Flores as the Head Coach".

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Don't mind the idea, but you'd have to pay to get him. Not sure it makes sense for Miami to trade him for nothing .