Any Charlotte Based Boys Fans?

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I'm down in Charlotte for the weekend. The games on Natl. T.V. but I don't want to be stuck in the hotel. Suggestions on good sports bars appreciated. Holla at me!? :star:

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score

tunahelper

Reaction score
Wild wings cafe off I485- N.Tryon
The GM is a Eagle's fan, so you know the game will be set up in good viewing.
I went there a lot last year and a good group of Cowboy fans show up.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
tunahelper;1071878 said:
Wild wings cafe off I485- N.Tryon
The GM is a Eagle's fan, so you know the game will be set up in good viewing.
I went there a lot last year and a good group of Cowboy fans show up.

Same place I believe. I didnt know that the GM was an Eagles fan though. Boo.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Appreciated... yeah, I just bought a house down there and will be moving around January. Hopefully I can go to the Panthers game as well. Thanks for the info!

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;1071893 said:
Appreciated... yeah, I just bought a house down there and will be moving around January. Hopefully I can go to the Panthers game as well. Thanks for the info!

Anytime. As far as going to the Panthers game there are always plenty of tickets available for games (just got an Email a few days ago from Ticketmaster advertising for Panthers tickets). Scalpers on almost every corner would probably be a better option.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1071903 said:
Anytime. As far as going to the Panthers game there are always plenty of tickets available for games (just got an Email a few days ago from Ticketmaster advertising for Panthers tickets). Scalpers on almost every corner would probably be a better option.

Cool.... thanks again... I take it you live in Charlotte?

alancdc

Reaction score
Buffalo Wild Wings is good because they have a ton of TV's. Another local joint in that some center is Picasso's. It is a locally owned place. Boardwalk Billy's in the University Area is also pretty solid. Nice talent in there! Also, if you need some homeowners insurance for your new home I would be more than happy to get you a quote! That's terrible to peddle insurance isn't it!

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
alancdc;1071912 said:
Buffalo Wild Wings is good because they have a ton of TV's. Another local joint in that some center is Picasso's. It is a locally owned place. Boardwalk Billy's in the University Area is also pretty solid. Nice talent in there! Also, if you need some homeowners insurance for your new home I would be more than happy to get you a quote! That's terrible to peddle insurance isn't it!

Sounds like University is where it's at. I remember looking at that area a little before settling in SW Charlotte. I'll have to keep you in mind for the HOI. :cool: Good to meet some of you Charlotte people...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;1071908 said:
Cool.... thanks again... I take it you live in Charlotte?

On the Charlotte-Concord Line literally. 2/3rds in Concord (Lower taxes and insurance). But Downtown (They call it Uptown for some reason) is only about 10 minutes from here.

alancdc;1071912 said:

I have been to Boardwalk Billy's but never for a game. A young college crowd was my experience. I have heard good things about Picasso's as well.

CrazyCowboy;1071913 said:
Hooters will always work good.

Hooters is on Speedway Blvd. exit 49 off of I-85. Not bad but not great. There is a place called Quaker Steak pretty much right next door to Hooters that would probably be a better spot, certainly better wings and minus the babes better environment.

Tennione72;1071914 said:
Jilians on South Blvd or Dave & Buster's at Concord Mills Blvd

Dave and Busters (Concord Mills is the same exit (49) as Hooters and Quaker Steak, just the other direction) bought Jillians about a year ago, so its basically the same place. They usually advertise some decent beer specials for games/races/fights, but traffic by the mall absolutely blows on the weekends.

Thank you DirecTv and Sunday Ticket, best thing ever. I would invite you over (especially since I went to Eastern Middle and Montgomery Blair), but surely you dont want to experience the wife and I cheering for the Eagles.

BTW - Reality, this multi-quote option is great, thanks.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;1071852 said:
I'm down in Charlotte for the weekend. The games on Natl. T.V. but I don't want to be stuck in the hotel. Suggestions on good sports bars appreciated. Holla at me!? :star:
I haven't been to Charlotte in 2 years so I don't know if it's still open. Downtown on Church is a place called Stool Pigeons. TVs everywhere and a pretty good menu. I recommend the pizza. Best in Charlotte.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Thank you DirecTv and Sunday Ticket, best thing ever. I would invite you over (especially since I went to Eastern Middle and Montgomery Blair), but surely you dont want to experience the wife and I cheering for the Eagles.

BTW - Reality, this multi-quote option is great, thanks

Lol... small world.. I went to Westland Middle and Bethesda Chevy Chase HS.... I live in the 4corners area now.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Hostile;1071956 said:
I haven't been to Charlotte in 2 years so I don't know if it's still open. Downtown on Church is a place called Stool Pigeons. TVs everywhere and a pretty good menu. I recommend the pizza. Best in Charlotte.

Forgot about Stool Pigeons. :bang2:

There is one in the University area as well on Rte 29 (N. Tryon).

I dont know about it being the best pizza though. There is a mom & pop place up the road from me, called Brooklyn's that is great.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;1071961 said:
Lol... small world.. I went to Westland Middle and Bethesda Chevy Chase HS.... I live in the 4corners area now.

Indeed it is. When I was a kid there were some serious hotties at BCC (Thanks for the memories Brittany).

I used to go to the Jerry's Pizza at least twice a week for lunch, Chicken Cutlet Subs...mmmmm (open campus). Now its walking distance from the new school.

You are going to love it here (87 degrees yesterday, no snow at all last year) except for the drivers. What they call traffic is laughable. Even going to a game traffic isnt nearly what it is in DC.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1071983 said:
Indeed it is. When I was a kid there were some serious hotties at BCC (Thanks for the memories Brittany).

I used to go to the Jerry's Pizza at least twice a week for lunch, Chicken Cutlet Subs...mmmmm (open campus). Now its walking distance from the new school.

You are going to love it here (87 degrees yesterday, no snow at all last year) except for the drivers. What they call traffic is laughable. Even going to a game traffic isnt nearly what it is in DC.

Yeah I've been down there several times this year and I love it. I've stayed uptown right next to the Stadium several times over the summer. I'm interested to see what the vibe is like during the season.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;1072009 said:
Yeah I've been down there several times this year and I love it. I've stayed uptown right next to the Stadium several times over the summer. I'm interested to see what the vibe is like during the season.

Fans down here are frontrunners for the most part. When the Panthers are winning you see the car flags and hear the hype so much that its almost unbearable. When they are losing you dont hear a peep. They are quick to give up on their team. And most of them cant name more than 5 players on the team.

Reaction score
I think Stool Pigeons is gone, now, but don't quote me on that. It's right down the street from my office (I am looking out my window right now, and see the Panthers' practice fields), and that location has changed names so many times over the last couple of years.

Where will you be staying, THEHEREAFTER? There are lots of places to watch the game in town, but I know any place Uptown/Downtown is going to be crazy with the Panthers/Browns game at 1.

Oh, and the best pizza in the area is at Brooklyn South, which is off of Interstate 77 and Exit 28 in Cornelius. I'm hooked on that stuff! :D

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;1071852 said:

Jillians in Southend, or Dave and Buster's in Concord are pretty good.