Any College Football Fans Here?

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know the reason we all are on this forum is because we are Dallas Cowboys fans, but football fans that care enough to join an online forum to talk about it tend to be fans of football at all levels. What is the college squad or squads that you follow?

I was raised by a father who is a devout Husker fan that grew up in Lincoln, Nebraska selling cokes in the stands of memorial stadium during the program's glory days. Every Saturday in the fall we would watch the Husker games and I would always hear about Big Red at the height of its power. One of my earliest memories is going to the spring game in Lincoln with my dad. I still follow the program and hope one day I might get to see it return to its former place atop college football. Oddly enough for a Husker fan, my middle school and high school football coaches were all former CU football players and I attended the University of Colorado. I follow the CU football program as well. In the 90s that would be considered sacrilege, but lucky for me both programs are far enough removed from their formerly fierce rivalry that it isn't a hot topic anymore.

I'm assuming there will be a lot of U of Texas fans here for geographical reasons. What college football teams do you follow and why?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Plenty of college football fans here.

I'm going to guess at least 200....some more than others.

My teams are just my alma-maters
Neither are all that great, but I follow them both

UNC Tar Heels and ECU Pirates
119000133_989707518142976_4203241424240622137_n.jpg

6A3JITWNDRONXFQIRSISXXFQAY.jpg

Last edited:

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Texas Longhorns fan first and foremost- Born and raised in TX, Dad and his Dad went to UT, and the first Horns football game I remember caring about was an OU game, probably like 1993 or 94, I was Hooked, no pun intended.......

Im also very passionate about the North Texas Mean Green, having specifically grown up in Denton, TX....

Other teams I just casually support-

Nebraska- My mom and her whole side of family are from there, always loved rooting for em until they started playing the Horns every year in the Big 12, its gotten easier to root for em again the past 10 yrs since they went to the Big 10.....

West Virginia- It's where I live now and my wife is a die-hard since she was born and raised here (Morgantown, WV specifically), I root for them whenever WVU-Texas arent playing eachother, it's hard since WVU fans so badly wanted to make this a rivalry, even though us Horns fans couldnt care less, and now with the Horns going to the SEC, should be easier.....

Hawaii- Rich Grandparents retired there when I was growing up and always sent postcards and bought me Rainbow Warrior shirts and hats, and Ive always loved watchin their home games at 11pm or midnight......

Turtle0986

Reaction score
Fellow Nebraska fan, grew up watching them kick butt as a powerhouse team in the 90s, grandfather took me to my first football game with my brother way back in the 2000 season at Iowa State, I know they arent the same team from the 90s but as Bleed said, maybe one day they will be back in the same spot as the 90s. Also follow the Iowa Western Reivers, because it was the juco college I went to and got my associates from.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Fellow Nebraska fan, grew up watching them kick butt as a powerhouse team in the 90s, grandfather took me to my first football game with my brother way back in the 2000 season at Iowa State, I know they arent the same team from the 90s but as Bleed said, maybe one day they will be back in the same spot as the 90s. Also follow the Iowa Western Reivers, because it was the juco college I went to and got my associates from.

GBR! Seems like there are a lot of Husker fans on the forum.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Born and raised in Little Rock, the doc that spanked my butt was calling the Hogs as he did it. I am root Hog or die!

LSU is my adopted team because I spent 4 years in Baton Rouge and went to the home games and tailgated with some crazy Cajuns.

I prefer college to the NFL and enjoy the crowds, student sections and the bands. There's just something special about that whole scene. And I enjoy watching kids that don't have much of a shot at the pros busting their humps to help their teams.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm in college football central here in Atlanta. I've got UGA, Auburn, and Clemson all within a 2 hour drive, and Mercedes Benz Stadium is practically a second home field for Alabama. Having graduated from Cal who suck every year, I just root for a good game and prefer college football.

cowboyec

Reaction score
ou...born and raised.
notre dame has always been my #2.
love their tradition and history.
and those uniforms.

my wife is from alabama so we also root for the tide.

i've also always liked smu.
love that pony logo.