Any drone flyers out there?

InTheZone

Reaction score
My neighbor flies them, pretty ridiculous with them too. He has the headset and all.

I don't fly but i have nitro and electric r/c cars and trucks.

One word of advise for electric, make sure you get a balance charger and have a safe storage box for the batteries. I have a metal ammo can that latches shut but I drilled some holes on the side underneath the latching mechanism so that it can vent if a battery fails and not turn the box into a bomb, but also allows me to pick up the handle without burning my hand.

You don't want to breath that smoke in either so make sure to get it out the house quickly. I don't recommend leaving the lipo batteries connected to the vehicle or radio when you're done and I always store in a climate controlled room.

Always balance charge and always properly discharge the batteries if you don't plan on using them for a couple of days. I also don't charge just used warm/hot batteries or leave them unattended while charging.

As a kid I'd buy from local hobby shops and towerhobbies.com

If I'm interested in anything now I look at amainhobbies. I don't drive my stuff as often as I should, but I like building them and painting bodies.

Last edited: