Any good C/G Combo's later in the Draft?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Besides my Pet Cat Pouncey, whose a late 1st/Early 2nd, who would be a nice pick up for us if we decide to take say an Odrick from PSU in the first, C'mon draftniks, who should I watch for?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AmishCowboy;3275559 said:
Besides my Pet Cat Pouncey, whose a late 1st/Early 2nd, who would be a nice pick up for us if we decide to take say an Odrick from PSU in the first, C'mon draftniks, who should I watch for?

Bill Bratzke BA State.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I looked up Olsen, he did not have a good Senior Bowl week, they said he looked slow coming out of his stance, however if he locked on to you, it was all over.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Erik Cook, New Mexico
Height: 6-6. Weight: 315.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
Projected Round (2009): 6-7

Erik Cook (Albuquerque Cibola HS) played every snap in all 12 games this fall, finishing the season with 88 knockdown blocks, including 49 over the final five games. He allowed just one sack in 470 passing attempts - the most in the MWC - and had just one penalty in 836 plays this year. Cook had flawless technique on at least 80 percent of his snaps in 10 games.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;3275718 said:
I looked up Olsen, he did not have a good Senior Bowl week, they said he looked slow coming out of his stance, however if he locked on to you, it was all over.

I read somewhere, I think it was Gil Brandt who said it, that you don't downgrade players for their performance in all-star games and practices, you only upgrade players who shine in them...

As for late round guard/center combos, there's Thomas Austin from Clemson and Erik Cook from New Mexico... at 6-6, Cook might even be able to play some tackle for you... his older brother Ryan is already playing in the NFL...

burmafrd

Reaction score
That Cook is interesting especially the bit about not getting penalties (wonder why we would think that is so important?)