Any guesses as to our RB game plan on Sunday?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Having a weak running attack is not sustainable, good chaps.
If the Egirls stop our run their secondary will feast on Dak's short-range passes and, of course, when Dak heaves it to the goal line.
I don't like it, good chaps.
Sadly, Deuce and Luepke are not the answer.

Hola and let me know what your guess is for RB strategy.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
They been stopping everyone's running game so don't be surprised. Their secondary on the other hand gave up nearly 400yards to the Washington QB. So my guess is Pollard will have a big day. NFL games have been so strange this year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
All I know is that the last thing we wanna do is become one-dimensional. My guess is we will see a lot of short passes........patience is the key IMO.

Bagman

Reaction score
Maybe substitute some 5 yd passes to the TEs and RBs instead of running into the teeth of their Dline. The object is to gain positive yards, move the chains and eat some clock with LONG drives. We CAN NOT go 3 and out the first few drives. Getting behind will kill us against this team. Not to mention tiring out our defense.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If the Egirls stop our run their secondary will feast on Dak's short-range passes and, of course, when Dak heaves it to the goal line.

Run some RPO to loosen them up. We do a little of that, but not enough to keep the ends at home. Dak scrambling away from pressure should not be the only way we use his feet.

Run Pollard more around the ends as well. Counter pitches, sweeps, etc.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Run Pollard more around the ends as well. Counter pitches, sweeps, etc.
Yes, good lad!
Look, Pollard going into a defensive wall is not working. Have Knute Rockne dreams? Then pound the Egirls' line with Luepke, the way the great creator intended.
Do something, Fat Mac, Jerald, and you too whatsyername Shotty ...

Praxit

Reaction score
....I imagine MM to dial up some gadget plays. To keep Eags defense honest.

Other words, gotta keep them guessing with motion. Not give them usual I-formation as often.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you know that? They have 30 combined touches in 7 games.

That's just 4 touches a game for 2 players in a preseason offense for most of the season.

Seriously, how do you know that?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
How do you know that? They have 30 combined touches in 7 games.

That's just 4 touches a game for 2 players in a preseason offense for most of the season.

Seriously, how do you know that?
Do you know, Big Fog, that maybe their limited touches are commensurate with their lack of ... abilities?
Or are Shotty and Fat Mac stupid and wrong?
Dear fellow, get hold of yourself. You are like a wounded squirrel.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The Eagles are going to pinch their edge rushers hard both against the run and pass. Perfect time to run some counters, traps and draws inside. Our interior Oline has to bring its A game.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Many here want sweeps, counters, end arounds.
I agree. Now, let us imagine Jerald and Stephen, Mac and Shotty plotting a game plan.
Jerald: "I say we run right it up their nose. You know power football."
Toadies Fat Mac, Shotty, Stephen: "That sounds like solid gold, Jerry, solid gold!"

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They been stopping everyone's running game so don't be surprised. Their secondary on the other hand gave up nearly 400yards to the Washington QB. So my guess is Pollard will have a big day. NFL games have been so strange this year.
Getting it into the RBs hands does not have to be Soley via hand off, but that does not mean you abandon the interior running game, just means that you have to get a bit creative in getting your YAC guys the ball in their hands.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

mr Gimme---yes sir...i think a lot of pulling lineman with Pollard and Rico and some Luepke and a dash of Duece?....does not matter yds per run

but we have to stay at it .....if for nothing else play action, screen game, and more than a few shots down field?...their backend can be had

been thinking about it all week....worst thing we could do is abandon run game go one dimensional and they pin ears back on Dak....and we have

to implement some trick plays and at times when we pull we run reverse to weak side and Dak has to scramble and have some intentional QB run plays

so if you would mr Gimme----using that better than average mind....how might you attack this defense???

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Many here want sweeps, counters, end arounds.
I agree. Now, let us imagine Jerald and Stephen, Mac and Shotty plotting a game plan.
Jerald: "I say we run right it up their nose. You know power football."
Toadies Fat Mac, Shotty, Stephen: "That sounds like solid gold, Jerry, solid gold!"
please mr Gimme my dream was turning out sweet.....now its been interrupted by a viscious nightmare????....just make sure get Jerrah drunk on

Johnnie Walker blue label....get a few yes men around him to distract him so he goes into a drunken story telling time....keep the owners away from

any real action on the field....whatever it takes....that has to be number one game plan

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Eagles are going to pinch their edge rushers hard both against the run and pass. Perfect time to run some counters, traps and draws inside. Our interior Oline has to bring its A game.
like how you are thinkin'....never give up run game even if yds per attempt low.....if we go one dimensional they pin ears back with crosshairs on Dak

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
....I imagine MM to dial up some gadget plays. To keep Eags defense honest.

Other words, gotta keep them guessing with motion. Not give them usual I-formation as often.
like it Praxit....we cannot abandon run game and become one dimensional...no matter how low yds per attempt.....if they pin ears back...Dak heap trouble

been telling everyone we not only win but we put BEATDOWN in enemy territory.....fat Mike and DC must come greatest scheme they can pull out of

their you know what and Dak has to scramble and throw and scramble and run....it can and will work....and i dont like dirty play...but Hurts knee might

be a bullseye a couple times?....biggest game in enemy territory....pull out all stops.....just dont play scared no matter what