Any guesses as to our RB game plan on Sunday?

GORICO

Reaction score
They been stopping everyone's running game so don't be surprised. Their secondary on the other hand gave up nearly 400yards to the Washington QB. So my guess is Pollard will have a big day. NFL games have been so strange this year.
mr 805----offensive scheme "MUST" get ball in hands of playmakers...i.e. Ceedee and Pollard...our lightening fast returner used as receiver....our other receiver

who is downfield threat....Rico and Deuce and our TE....lets have game plan no one seen yet...and on defense we hit and tackle and sack cause fumbles and INT

it has to be our mid seaons Super Bowl..already told everyone we win by BEATDOWN.....so let us leave every tiny bit on field and outplay them

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Having a weak running attack is not sustainable, good chaps.
If the Egirls stop our run their secondary will feast on Dak's short-range passes and, of course, when Dak heaves it to the goal line.
I don't like it, good chaps.
Sadly, Deuce and Luepke are not the answer.

Hola and let me know what your guess is for RB strategy.
A theory may well be that our last two performances with Dak moving out of the pocket (and allowing receivers time to get open) would of been a great reaction to 9ers press AND, the Eagles formidable IDL.
Could it be that the Rams/Chargers were (in some way) preparation for the Eagles, this time deliberately climbing the pocket, (with sweep/screen options as variations).

Even Henry would struggle against this Defense, so rather than focusing on the run make the (successful) passing game create the the right run.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
....I imagine MM to dial up some gadget plays. To keep Eags defense honest.

Other words, gotta keep them guessing with motion. Not give them usual I-formation as often.
Spot on, get our Offense to dictate the play, as you say if we stand and deliver we lose... get Dak and the O-Line moving.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Shelf the run game on first down. The Birds weakness is Dak’s strength - zone defense. Whatever you want to do with the RB’s it should come secondary to the passing game.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Can Deuce on specific types of plays ( open space ) not lend any juice to the blender ? Dallas seems to draft players ( Tolbert ) ( Schoonmaker ) sign UDFA’s then they disappear. At least Turpin is actually getting shots this yr. As far as the “ run “ game for goodness sakes get Dowdle some touches .

TheCritic

Reaction score
I have it on good authority (KJJ) that Deuce Vaughn will get his first start against the Eagles this week, gain 150 yards and score 3 TDs on his way to earning NFL Player of the Week awards.

conner01

Reaction score
If the Egirls stop our run their secondary will feast on Dak's short-range passes and, of course, when Dak heaves it to the goal line.

The oline is the answer. Get a little creative and not just pound it up the middle all day

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe substitute some 5 yd passes to the TEs and RBs instead of running into the teeth of their Dline. The object is to gain positive yards, move the chains and eat some clock with LONG drives. We CAN NOT go 3 and out the first few drives. Getting behind will kill us against this team. Not to mention tiring out our defense.
That's what we seem to like to do

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
A theory may well be that our last two performances with Dak moving out of the pocket (and allowing receivers time to get open) would of been a great reaction to 9ers press AND, the Eagles formidable IDL.
Could it be that the Rams/Chargers were (in some way) preparation for the Eagles, this time deliberately climbing the pocket, (with sweep/screen options as variations).

Even Henry would struggle against this Defense, so rather than focusing on the run make the (successful) passing game create the the right run.
A pass centric approach would be disastrous for Dak and the team.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score

We have to go AROUND their front four as opposed to thru it. We cant just abandon the inside run either though, so we will have an inside run here and there. You have to. I do expect the majority of our runs going outside though which might serve Pollard well. Get him out in space and see if he can spring a few big ones. I also fully expect quite a few rb swing passes and screens to be used as an extension of the run game.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I suspect we‘ll see Dowdle a little more involved. If we don’t, Pollard is gonna be mush by the end of the year.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Truth.

Gonna see a lot of zone and 2 man vs our Basic offense.

The Cards rookie DC figured it out.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Pollards vision on the zone blocking reads just seems off. I’d rather see us spread them out a little and try to get him in space a little more. Also, Steele hasn’t been the same as last year which has taken away those right side runs that seemed to work so well with him and Martin. When we needed a tough yard or a big run from Pollard it always seemed to be there last year with those two. I think we need to see more or Dowdle. He isn’t amazing or anything but he runs hard, hits the whole quickly and seems like he can bring a little spark if we gave him a few more snaps.