Any Harry Potter fans out there?

Bizwah

Reaction score
The 6th book is on sale tomorrow. I must admit, I'm eagerly awaiting the book.

I started reading them not too long after the first book came out. Back then, there wasn't all the hoopla. I taught third grade students and one of them recommended the book to me.

I've been hooked ever since.

The third book was by far the best of the series. I have high hopes for this one.

Anybody else a Potter fan out there?

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
I like Harry Potter, gonna be dissapointed when the 7th and final one comes out.

k19

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
BP loves them. He has his kids read them too him at night :D

:lmao2:

So will he get to stay up past bedtime tonight to get the new book and go to the release party :p:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeah, I like the books. I enjoy the movies too. My kids love them and I don't think it is wise to not know about what your kids are interested in. I read the 1st book thinking I would roll my eyes a lot. She writes very well.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
I wish somebody would drag Harry out into the back alley and beat him bloody...

Oh, I'm sorry, did that sound hostile??

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
The 6th book is on sale tomorrow. I must admit, I'm eagerly awaiting the book.

I started reading them not too long after the first book came out. Back then, there wasn't all the hoopla. I taught third grade students and one of them recommended the book to me.

I've been hooked ever since.

The third book was by far the best of the series. I have high hopes for this one.

Anybody else a Potter fan out there?
Well, I spent three and a half hours in line last night at Borders Bookstore in Garden City, RI to accompany my sister who HAD to get "Lucius Malfoy" (Jason Isaac's) signature on a HP official photo. He is in town filming a Showtime series (The Brotherhood) and came out to the bookstore for the 6th Harry Potter event.

I not only had to swelter in a line of hundreds but take the photos. Not my idea of the perfect evening.

But yeah, I've been on the HP bandwagon from the get-go...wonderful creation..and she deserves her mega millions for the kids AND adults she has made into (hurrah!) recreational readers with her novels.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Well, I spent three and a half hours in line last night at Borders Bookstore in Garden City, RI to accompany my sister who HAD to get "Lucius Malfoy" (Jason Isaac's) signature on a HP official photo. He is in town filming a Showtime series (The Brotherhood) and came out to the bookstore for the 6th Harry Potter event.

I not only had to swelter in a line of hundreds but take the photos. Not my idea of the perfect evening.

But yeah, I've been on the HP bandwagon from the get-go...wonderful creation..and she deserves her mega millions for the kids AND adults she has made into (hurrah!) recreational readers with her novels.

...FYI for fun. She wrote the first book after getting dumped by her first husband and struggling with a newborn. She would take the train in everyday to London and much of the story concept was conceived on the train.

Three years ago she surpassed the Queen of England as the wealthiest woman in the world. Not bad for a down on her luck single Mom.

Here in Canada a high school dropout turned bank clerk met her at a book signing a few months after her first book was to be released. He was there on a business junket for a tiny little publishing company in Vancouver named RainCoast Books.

Her books were being imported at the time to North America and no one was really interested in her so called "magic" book. He took a chance and struck up a conversation with her. One year later the head publisher in the British Isle for Ms. Rowling asked this Canadian to submit a bid for publishing her books for Canada. Since she had appreciated his interest a year earlier she accepted his paltry bid for the publishing rights. Considerably less than what the American publisher bid per binding.

On the last publishing RainCoast pulled in more than 32 million on that single book as it's share of the pie. She seems to be very faithful to those who gave her a helping hand and many of them have gone onto make a tidy sum from their association with her.

Stories are abound in this regard.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I put my foot in my mouth on the previous post. She surpassed Elizabeth to be the wealthiest woman in Britain.

She goes toe to toe with Oprah as the only true self made woman billionaire. This year she should pass Oprah because of her book release.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
davidyee said:
I put my foot in my mouth on the previous post. She surpassed Elizabeth to be the wealthiest woman in Britain.

She goes toe to toe with Oprah as the only true self made woman billionaire. This year she should pass Oprah because of her book release.
That will just make Oprah release a new book and take it back :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Read the book over the weekend.

Much more fill in and background info to tie things together and prepare for the last book.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Read the book over the weekend.

Now why would you want and go and spend your weekend reading a book?

When you could have been here with us crucifying Greg Ellis.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Now why would you want and go and spend your weekend reading a book?

When you could have been here with us crucifying Greg Ellis.

Only because his home PC is broken at the moment Barb... ;)

He is waiting for parts (honestly)... :D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
Only because his home PC is broken at the moment Barb... ;)

He is waiting for parts (honestly)... :D

Although it is true my home PC is down....chances are I would still have been reading the book most of the weekend.

I read Dean Koontz's Velocity and finished it Friday night as well lol.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Although it is true my home PC is down....chances are I would still have been reading the book most of the weekend.

I read Dean Koontz's Velocity and finished it Friday night as well lol.
A two book a weekend man.

I'm impressed!

Hey BP..top this.

I WROTE the equivalent of two books here this weekend.

Unfortunately, every page said the same thing.

(Think "The Shining"..only Tuna is losing it, Tuna is losing it) :D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:

I'm impressed!

Hey BP..top this.

:lmao2:

Well it is the first time I have gotten a couple of new books in a long time so I was like an empty glass ready to be filled.

I got tired of reading the same books over and over. :)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

I'm impressed!

Hey BP..top this.

He didn't mention one of them was a comic book.....mostly likely Archie and Jughead :D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
He didn't mention one of them was a comic book.....mostly likely Archie and Jughead :D

No Koontz and Rowling for the record. :)

And of all the comics I read as a youth, and still have stored away, there were never any Archie comics.

About the only thing I got in remotely that category was Mad Magazine.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
And of all the comics I read as a youth, and still have stored away, there were never any Archie comics.

About the only thing I got in remotely that category was Mad Magazine.

That's true Yeager... here is part of BP's comic collection...

yngrmnc1.jpg
truerthantrue.gif
lib-modlove.jpg
lib-moongirl.jpg
fire5.jpg