Any Injuries of Note?

Reaction score
Bears QB Grossman left game with leg injury

NFL.com wire reports

MINNEAPOLIS (Sept. 26, 2004) -- Chicago quarterback Rex Grossman left the game at Minnesota with an apparent right leg injury late in the fourth quarter.

Grossman was hurt at the two-minute warning on a 6-yard TD run that pulled the Bears to 27-22. Officials originally ruled he fumbled at the 3, but Chicago challenged the call and replays showed Grossman lost the ball after it crossed the goal line.

Grossman lay face down for several minutes before being carted off the field. There was no immediate word on the injury.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sep 26, 5:14 PM EDT

Titans' McNair injured in loss to Jaguars

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee quarterback Steve McNair bruised his sternum late in the fourth quarter of Tennessee's 15-12 loss to Jacksonville on Sunday.

Coach Jeff Fisher said he had talked with McNair at the end of the game, and the 2003 co-MVP said he was sore. Fisher said he thought McNair was injured at the end of a 14-yard run that converted a third-and-2.

"I don't tell Steve not to run. Steve took this game over and gave us a chance to put a scoring drive together with the two runs. That's the risk he takes," Fisher said.

"You'd like to see him get down. He didn't slide, and that's the risk you have to take."

Chris Brown scored a play later to put the Titans up 12-7, but McNair overthrew Derrick Mason on the 2-point conversion attempt.

The Jaguars drove for the winning score. With 3 seconds to go, Billy Volek came in instead of McNair, who had taken off his shoulder pads on the sideline.

Team doctors examined McNair on the bench and even used a stethoscope.

© 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Midswat said:
Anyone have any serious injuries?

Eagles Mayberry - Torn triceps or biceps, I can't remember.

Eagles Ritchie - was carted off the field.

It will be tough for them to win if guys keep going down. They won't play the Lions and Giants every week.

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
Eagles Mayberry - Torn triceps or biceps, I can't remember.

Eagles Ritchie - was carted off the field.

It will be tough for them to win if guys keep going down. They won't play the Lions and Giants every week.

Andrews a week or 2 ago and now Mayberry

Both gone for the year

AJM1613

Reaction score
Cheap Shot Artist said:
If its a biceps/triceps tear, he's done

Nope......

Want a reason?

The biceps is named BI-ceps because it has two heads, each with it's own tendon. When you have a tear you are actually tearing the tendon at it's insertion site at the bone. The two heads are not equal, one is much smaller than the other. The small one is responsible for about 5% of the entire muscle's strength, so tearing that one leaves you with a shorter recovery time, and it was called a "good" biceps tear after the game. If the small head of the biceps is the injury he will be back soon.

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Nope......

Want a reason?

The biceps is named BI-ceps because it has two heads, each with it's own tendon. When you have a tear you are actually tearing the tendon at it's insertion site at the bone. The two heads are not equal, one is much smaller than the other. The small one is responsible for about 5% of the entire muscle's strength, so tearing that one leaves you with a shorter recovery time, and it was called a "good" biceps tear after the game. If the small head of the biceps is the injury he will be back soon.

So be it...good for you guys

losing Andrews and Mayberry would have sucked rocks

AJM1613

Reaction score
Cheap Shot Artist said:
So be it...good for you guys

losing Andrews and Mayberry would have sucked rocks

It may be the big head which was torn, but from early indications, it was the little one.

If we lose him we have the guy who started at guard for the Colts last season as a backup (Sciullo), we wouldn't suffer too much except our depth would be depleted. Imagine if another offensive lineman got injured? We would have to start Ian Allen or our fourth round pick.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
It may be the big head which was torn, but from early indications, it was the little one.

If we lose him we have the guy who started at guard for the Colts last season as a backup (Sciullo), we wouldn't suffer too much except our depth would be depleted. Imagine if another offensive lineman got injured? We would have to start Ian Allen or our fourth round pick.

Personally . . . I hope his whole arm is torn to shreds . . .

And before anyone calls me classless . . . think about why I said that . . .

I only root for injuries against the Eagles.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Midswat said:
Personally . . . I hope his whole arm is torn to shreds . . .

And before anyone calls me classless . . . think about why I said that . . .

I only root for injuries against the Eagles.

It's not only against the Eagles, it's against the player. If all this was was a video game or a chess match, I would route for every player not on my team to get injured, but it's not, these people are real people.

Have you ever met Mayberry? Ever see an interview with him?

Classless... :mad:

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
It's not only against the Eagles, it's against the player. If all this was was a video game or a chess match, I would route for every player not on my team to get injured, but it's not, these people are real people.

An Eagle fan calling someone else classless...

...now that is the pot calling the kettle black. :D

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

Brotha, don't preach to me.

I don't remember any Eagles fans thinking about Irvins family, or him as a man as he lay motionless for 20 minutes on the turf.

Do I have an agenda against Mayberry? No . . . but he plays on the wrong team. And anything that weakens that team, I'm for.

Besides . . . he's a millionaire.

Excuse me if I don't shed a tear for a millionaire because he huwt his widdle arm.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
An Eagle fan calling someone else classless...

...now that is the pot calling the kettle black. :D

On the nose, Tuna . . .

On the frickin' nose . . .

Roughneck

Reaction score
Oh man, this could get good.

Over/Under on how many posts it takes for this thread to be moved to Smack Talk Zone should be around 7.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Midswat said:
Brotha, don't preach to me.

I don't remember any Eagles fans thinking about Irvins family, or him as a man as he lay motionless for 20 minutes on the turf.

Do I have an agenda against Mayberry? No . . . but he plays on the wrong team. And anything that weakens that team, I'm for.

Besides . . . he's a millionaire.

Excuse me if I don't shed a tear for a millionaire because he huwt his widdle arm.

Yes Eagle fans were classless on that day, I wasn't there, I'm sorry I couldn't throw something at them from the other side of the TV screen.

I think you just used the same excuse all Eagle fans use when they are talking about the Irvin injury in your last sentence. You sir are just as bad so don't point fingers.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Yes Eagle fans were classless on that day...

The understatement of the century.

You act as if the Eagles fans were only classless for the Irvin incident. Here are some other notable examples:

1) Booing Santa Claus.
2) Booing Ashante (I don't like her music, but come on)
3) Throwing snowballs and batteries at opposing teams.

Should I go on?

AJM1613

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
The understatement of the century.

You act as if the Eagles fans were only classless for the Irvin incident. Here are some other notable examples:

1) Booing Santa Claus.
2) Booing Ashante (I don't like her music, but come on)
3) Throwing snowballs and batteries at opposing teams.

Should I go on?

1. You don't know this story do you? Just hear things and assume they are true?
2. It was halftime durring an NFCCG loss (or GB, I forgot) and we wern't playing so hot. How do you know who they were booing? I thought the boo's were directed at Ja Rule, and if they were, they were welcomed.
3. Okay, you got one...Throwing batteries at people is bad.