Any interest in Ahmad Brooks in a supplemental draft?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Definitely depends on why Groh wanted him out. If Groh says he'll have no part of him, neither will BP.

aznhalf

Reaction score
I'd give up a 5th or MAYBE a 4th in the supplemental draft for him.

But I bet a team gives up a first day pick before that.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Avery said:
Definitely depends on why Groh wanted him out. If Groh says he'll have no part of him, neither will BP.

Groh has stated on a number of occasions that he loves the kid. He has made some bad choices and I think the AD has had enough. I will bet Groh will give a glowing recomendation to the likes of "Well, if you can handle LT and TO, then you can handle AB" :D

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
I was just continuing the first post, should have just edited it.

I'd be really interested in seeing this depth chart next year

ware - james - ayodele - lawson
thornton - Shanle - brooks - Burnett

How does everyone forget Al Singleton is still on this team? :bang2:

Galian Beast

Reaction score
littlewebs, perhaps no one has forgotten he is on the team, but we hope and expect for him to be released...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
Groh has stated on a number of occasions that he loves the kid. He has made some bad choices and I think the AD has had enough. I will bet Groh will give a glowing recomendation to the likes of "Well, if you can handle LT and TO, then you can handle AB" :D
Can you provide a link to an article after his dismissal from the team where Groh says anything positive about the kid?

I was looking for one earlier but the server at work is turtle slow today.

I find what you said to be very interesting and if true would make me believe we'll look at him hard.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
littlewebs, perhaps no one has forgotten he is on the team, but we hope and expect for him to be released...

Maybe I just don't see how Kalen Thornton could make the team and Al couldn't. Not saying Al is a world beater, but he sure has shown to be a solid player. Remember all the big outside runs we gave up after he went down?

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Can you provide a link to an article after his dismissal from the team where Groh says anything positive about the kid?

I was looking for one earlier but the server at work is turtle slow today.

I find what you said to be very interesting and if true would make me believe we'll look at him hard.

There wasn't a link. They had him on an interview after Brooks first got into trouble and before he was released form the team. He said something like the guy has been the heart and soul of the team and I love him, but we may need to look at what is best for the program and Brooks. Granted it's not word for word, but that was my impression after I seen it about 2 months ago.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
There wasn't a link. They had him on an interview after Brooks first got into trouble and before he was released form the team. He said something like the guy has been the heart and soul of the team and I love him, but we may need to look at what is best for the program and Brooks. Granted it's not word for word, but that was my impression after I seen it about 2 months ago.
Thanks bra.

I've been wondering about his dismissal and Groh's reaction in particular.

I see Brooks as a potential very good ILB in a 3-4 scheme. It's obvious he needs something. I'm wondering if Groh will sell Parcells on him, or wave him off.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I think that had more to do with Fujita having no experience in the 3-4 what so ever... That and Canty was less of a run stopper than Ellis...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Thanks bra.

I see Brooks as a potential very good ILB in a 3-4 scheme. It's obvious he needs something. I'm wondering if Groh will sell Parcells on him, or wave him off.

Although I don't want to deal with problems, after my brother sold me on him being the next Ray Lewis... I can't help but want him on the team. Especially if it is supplemental draft pick. Something about me not caring about next year as much as this year, so sue me.

And our defense would be very solid for years to come if we got him and an outside linebacker in this draft. Lawson, Ware, Thornton on the outside, Brooks, James, Ayodele*, Burnett* on the inside.

* - could play the outside as well.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
Although I don't want to deal with problems, after my brother sold me on him being the next Ray Lewis... I can't help but want him on the team. Especially if it is supplemental draft pick. Something about me not caring about next year as much as this year, so sue me.

And our defense would be very solid for years to come if we got him and an outside linebacker in this draft. Lawson, Ware, Thornton on the outside, Brooks, James, Ayodele*, Burnett* on the inside.

* - could play the outside as well.
If Al Groh really is a friend or Parcells he'll tell every other coach to avoid him like the plague and Parcells to use a 5th or later on him.

I really do think Brooks is a potentially great football player. He had a rough year in 2005. Makes me wonder what was up at home.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Thanks bra.

Granted, this was before his dismissal and positive drug test. Lately Groh has been in the "move on " mode. Even if Brooks was at the wrong place at the wrong time (the amount of drugs in his system could have been from being around it and breathing it in) they probably wanted to set a precedent about doing things right versus making excues for good players.